Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Just to put this out there, my net plan is actually pretty shitty. DSL with 6mps and I'm playing off of wifi (le gasp).

Right, I got the Xbox One version and I've transferred the profile over from the 360 version but the DLC hasn't transferred, apparently it should say in the Xbox One store that it is free for the ones you've bought. But no such luck. Got the Pop Idols and Racing costumes for definite.

So yeah, anyone else with this problem?

Xbone version is having all kinds of problems right now. Nothing would surprise me there. PS3/PS4/360 versions seem to be having fewer issues.

Team Ninja is trying to fix that version up asap, let's just hope it doesn't get caught in microsoft certification hell or drag out like MCC.

I'm not surprised. This is the first time they've ported something to PC so they probably want to test the waters, much like what other Japanese developers are doing. They have no idea exactly how big the PC market is. People will eat up their PC ports like candy if they put more effort into it.

I'm not surprised. This is the first time they've ported something to PC so they probably want to test the waters, much like what other Japanese developers are doing. They have no idea exactly how big the PC market is. People will eat up their PC ports like candy if they put more effort into it.

Given the bad press over this, the abrasion with the modding community, and the number of pre-orders being cancelled right now, I don't see there being a next time.

The project probably needed more time as well, which I'm sure was not granted.

I liked this, was a nice read.

At this point hyping it is like telling everyone your fighters' kick each other. Of course they do.
And just like that Divekick spat out it's coffee.

Given the bad press over this, the abrasion with the modding community, and the number of pre-orders being cancelled right now, I don't see there being a next time.

The project probably needed more time as well, which I'm sure was not granted.
There will probably be a next time, if only to attempt to save face. I'm not really sure how this got fucked up though and so badly. I thought most arcade cabinets these days were actually running windows. (I know the KOF XIII and BlazBlue leaks I saw were windows native.)

So Team Ninja today revealed a collaboration with Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and Falcom corporation to include costumes of many heroes from Falcom games. I doubt many of you guys even know about Falcom, much less played their games, but suffice to say, if you've heard of Ys, Popful Mail, Brandish, Dragonslayer or Legend of Heroes, they were all games developed by Falcom. And if you were lucky, many of them were translated and brought to the states. Anyway here's the trailer and below I have the names and origins of each character.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Lei Fang: Estelle Bright - Main Character of the game. Sporting her Second Chapter look.
Lisa: Scherazard Harvey - Instructor of Estelle Bright and C-rank Bracer
Hitomi: Tita Russel - 12 year-old engineer, and friend of Estelle
Honoka: Lenne - 12 year-old Enforcer, Legion: Angel of Death
Legend of Heroes: Trails in Zero/Trails in Azure
Kokoro: Rixia Mao - Yin, Dread Captain Roberts, cover identity as a lead in a play.
Marie Rose: Tio Plato - 14 year-old tech genius
Mila: Noel Seeker - CSPD Officer recently joined to the Special Support Section (SSS)
Ys: Origin
Nyotengu: Reah - Immortal Goddess and Founder of Ys, elder twin, plays harmonica
Momji: Feena - Immortal Goddess and Founder of Ys, younger twin
Christie: Zava - Villain and second in command of the Darklings led by Dallas
Brandish
Rachel: Dela: Sorceress chased by Ares.
Popful Mail
Tina: Mail - Lead character
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Helena: Vita Clothide - Too many spoilers on this one. Opera Singer
Phase 4: Altina - Also too many spoilers.
Kasumi: Alisa Reinford - New student at the Thors Military Academy, joins Class 7. Wealthy daughter of the Reinford Company
Ayane: Phi (Spelling is ambiguous could also be Fie, pronounced Fee) - New student at the Thors Military Academy. Has real combat experience as a child soldier/mercenary.

If you're curious all the Falcom games referenced have come out or will come out in the future, in the U.S..

Last edited:
I have enough with DOA5... With so many costumes, so many DLC's this game have lost its substance! When DOA 5 released I didn't expected that it will have too many updates and DLC's... The truth is one, they want money....

I have enough with DOA5... With so many costumes, so many DLC's this game have lost its substance! When DOA 5 released I didn't expected that it will have too many updates and DLC's... The truth is one, they want money....

I agree with you Kostas but unfortunately or fortunately this is the reality!

Back