[Dec 10, 2011] London Calling, Final SCIV UK Event (London, England)

Starting time's on the RSVP at the top: I'm getting to London early so as to defenitely be their for 12, so I'm aiming to arrive in London at about 11:00 give or take 30 mins or so.
12PM start, finish whenever. I just didn't want to show up Bushy for asking to be honest. =/

By the way, how was your tournament this weekned? Good turnout/games?

nah, i couldn't make it cos i had too much work, but i gather hardly anyone entered, if it even happened at all

Damn - sorry to hear it man =/.
At least we have something this weekend though - looking forward to playing your Xianghua one last time. =)

i really do miss this game. scv's gonna be great and everything but i really will be sad to never play X again. damn... ah well, i hope this tournament goes really well

You and your character loyalty =P
Cheer up man, there's a ton of crazy new stuff in SCV - get HYPE!!! =D

Ok - just a few days to go, so I'm gonna confirm the details with everyone:
Doors open at Noon on saturday, casuals beginning immedietly - anyone who wants to enter the tournament absolutely has to be there by 4:30 PM. If anyone wants to go for a drink after, PM me.
Finally, the place closes at midnight, games will go on until then if interest is there. =)

I will be attending (I'll try and drag a friend along), although I'm pretty new to the game I really enjoy it, anyone have some tips for a noob? ^^
if anyone would like to help me practice and give advice my gamertag is xHUx Paragon

Take my advice here - You will learn more in ten minutes offline than 6 months online, even against good offline players when you're online, I know - I've been there. =)
If you get to the gamerbase early, I'll give you as many casuals as you want and help you up your game - but for now, the best advice I can give you is think about EVERY action: Why am I attacking now? Why this move? Why guard here? Why step? Why get up now?
If you can do that, you will improve DRAMATICALLY. Not fully thinking about why they make each move and lack of experience are the main reasons newbies lose, but one of those, you can fix yourself. =)

See you there man! =D

Synraii this tournament makes no sense running it over 2 days. The money would be better spent on more consoles for the Saturday with more money for the prize pot. This is the prices from Gamerbase's website:
Standard Pricing
1 hour for £4
3 hours for £10
7 hours for £20
20 hours for £50

http://www.gamerbase.com/?a=piccadilly#Prices

If there's about 10 people coming that's £100, I'd like to know how you're planning on dividing up the money and how many consoles you're planning on getting. You're better off running groups to knockout rather than Round robin. Also it would be best if there's anyone coming that's a student to book it for the additional hours.

Anyways I'll be coming on the Saturday, but not on Sunday, and I'll MM you - my Sophi vs your Sieg FT5.

I'm probably only gonna be there on the Saturday too. I'll be brining my friend along as well if you can add another to the list.

Joel - Sunday is for casuals based on interest. All tournament stuff is on Saturday and any money not spent on consoles etc. goes straight into prize money. =)

@Shoju - Is your friend that Cervantes player?

Ok cool, so what say you to the FT5? Looks like it will be a good turnout and a good send off to SC4, and a warm welcome to SC5. See everyone there.

Sorry guys but I won't be able to make this I'm afriad. I am very heavy loaded with college work and stuffs. I am really sorry about this :(

Back