DEVASTATION 2k11 Results and shout outs!

Discussion in 'Tournament Aftermaths' started by NDK, Oct 10, 2011.

1. lobo
    • Senior Moderator

lobo Luminario

oh helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll naw. take this riffraff back to the toronto thread.

Eli123s, Vincent and Synraii like this.
  2. LostProvidence

LostProvidence [14] Master

I think just about everyone appreciates the support and will continue to support Dev. Honestly, my biggest complaint was the bracket reset. Not so much the idea because it is good, but there being no reward for qualifying through winner's is something I can't. Get behind. I tossed the idea across JediRobb (though his mind may have been in another place) but what I was thinking was that someone from loser's that plays against someone who qualed through winner's hould have to win 2 out of three sets in order to advance or, at the very least, if you play someone you previously beat in the tournament, they have to win two sets in order to advance (pretty sure that's how MLG Tekken did it).

• Premium Supporter

Sporko Big Gimpin

That's heartbreaking, man. I'm a dog person myself, and rarely does a day go by that I don't think about one of the dogs I've had over the years. They seriously become like family to you, and I'm really sorry to hear this.

3. KrayzieCD

KrayzieCD [11] Champion

Well Dr Dogg explained that the folks who advanced in winners from the pools do have an advantage. In the top 8 bracket, the winners are made to play a person who advanced in losers from the pools. That's why you (winners) played me (losers), RTD (winners) played Omega (losers), etc.

4. LostProvidence

Still, like Dr. Dogg also said, at that point, everybody just about evenly matched so there really isn't an advantage. It's like if Woahhzz and Thugish got matched up against each other and then some random person made it through winner's in their bracket; them losing doesn't mean they suck. I mean, really, how many time's this year have we seen someone come back from loser's to dominate other top players or, in the case of SJ, win the whole tournament? It's an advantage on paper but, unless random XBL player advances through loser's, it's superficial at best.

5. Malice
    • Administrator

Malice Administrator

Woahhzz was the favorite going into Summer Jam, so that's not a good example. And at the end of the day, the better play is still going to win, which in the case of Dev was lolo.

I'm ok with the format that Dev used, but if people feel like the person in winners is not getting an advantage, then just drill the pools down to top 4 instead of top 8 and put the 4 winners into a new bracket. Or just go with straight double elimination.

6. LostProvidence

Woahhzz wasn't the favorite to win at all! Everyone was mentioning Lolo, Thugish, and Mick until day 2!

Also, at the end of the day, the organizers are going to do what they want and I'm going to support SC regardless. Just voicing my opinion

7. Malice
    • Administrator

Malice Administrator

And all those people were wrong.

Sporko likes this.
  8. JustKill

JustKill [09] Warrior

A bit late, but congrats to Lolo for taking DEV and congrats to everyone that made it to top 8, job well done!... sucks to hear about the tourney mishap, take it with a grain of salt guys, you are all better than that to let it ruin your last days with SC4 and the community...wow 70 some odd entrants?!, holy crap! that is a nice amount especially for SC4 nowadays...will NEC have a similar head count of entrants as well? Lets all take a moment of silence and pray it does!!...If all goes well i should be there to enjoy the last of it with everyone before its gone.

lobo likes this.
    • Premium Supporter

Sporko Big Gimpin

Woahhzz was the favorite going into summer jam, and will continue being the favorite until he stops winning 95% of the tournaments he's in. People can have opinions all they want, but the numbers support our boy woahhzz, heh.

9. LostProvidence

Don't get me wrong, I told Woahhzz I thought he had a good chance of wnning the first day (you can as him), but the majority of tye people thought one of those three would win.

• Premium Supporter

Sporko Big Gimpin

It's fair, heh. Like I said, they can all have their opinions, and it's not like anybody would be majorly shocked if any of those players *did* beat him, because those players are the cream of the crop as far as Calibur goes. Just saying, if it were Vegas odds, he'd kind of have to be the favorite going in.

10. Malice
    • Administrator

Malice Administrator

Woahhzz was the favorite going into SJ, and lolo was the favorite going into Dev. It's not rocket science.

11. GreatOne1939
    • Senior Moderator

GreatOne1939 I Knew It!!!

Philly need to stop nut hugging. NO ONE but Philly, RTD, (and myself) had Woahhzz as a favorite. It's like LP said MOST people thought it would've been a couple of those other people which is what defines the term favorite, Period.

12. Revin122

Revin122 [09] Warrior

PSN:
    Revin122
    XBL:
    Revin122

Sorry for the late reply. Good games with you guys. Shoutouts to the people I fought in the tournament...Omega, lobo, wolfkr0ne and some other dude that I didn't get the name. Special shoutouts to the California peeps NFK, Signia, myself, Krayzie, Juece, NDK, etc. (sorry if I forgot you) Its good to see the SC community again. Its great to see all of you guys there. I hope to see you all in SC5! I'll be back!

NDK likes this.
  13. BatousaiNori

BatousaiNori [10] Knight

The Internet: It's serious business

14. lolo

lolo [10] Knight

Nori, it's a miracle... All I can say is that you are gonna see me for SC5 a lot in San Antonio, my sister is gonna live there soon.

15. BatousaiNori

BatousaiNori [10] Knight

Dude, that's awesome! I'm so glad I came back on the forums and nothing has changed. Same average players acting like they are top tier, same arguing over stupidity. Sucks what happened to RTD. Wouldn't happen at a tournament I run, that's all I know:)

And I'm about to have my first kid oct 25th, fucking crazy I've been traveling to majors since 2002 and now gonna be a dad..........which of course will not stop me from traveling to majors. I'm not raising a noob

Enkindu, Lasercakes and RTD like this.
  16. GreatOne1939
    • Senior Moderator

GreatOne1939 I Knew It!!!

Can you say Irony...Lol

Congratulations bruh! You, Oof, and RTD can start the raising of a whole new SC generation!

17. KrayzieCD

KrayzieCD [11] Champion

Fucking awesome match

Omega, Sporko, lobo and 3 others like this.