DEVASTATION 2k11 Results and shout outs!

yeah props to omega and NFK...i think that was the best match all weekend. as an added bonus; i'm not positive, but i THINK that at 3:17 you get to hear NFK drop an oh-so-rare F-bomb.

lol i didnt drop the f bomb
you... really don't remember what happened do you?

First you tell us at the end of the second round your 214B got interrupted by 4B instead of BB right after the match, then you deny video evidence of you dropping the f-bomb? Crazy memory loss man... were you high on ADHD pills? or did hype mindfuck you?

you... really don't remember what happened do you?

First you tell us at the end of the second round your 214B got interrupted by 4B instead of BB right after the match, then you deny video evidence of you dropping the f-bomb? Crazy memory loss man... were you high on ADHD pills? or did hype mindfuck you?

i didnt actually take my adhd pills if you must know

and i said flippin....or something

i didnt actually take my adhd pills if you must know

and i said flippin....or something
I heard if you don't have ADHD and you take those, or if you take too much, you become insane at video games

yeah you're right I think you did say flippin

I heard if you don't have ADHD and you take those, or if you take too much, you become insane at video games

Only if you can force yourself into a state of calm and have no tourney nerves, heh. Otherwise it just makes you jittery as hell

You know, it's been bothering since the tournament...

...I forgot a bunch of hotwings in Lobo's room when I left for the aeropuerto - does anyone know what became of them? =(

You know, it's been bothering since the tournament...

...I forgot a bunch of hotwings in Lobo's room when I left for the aeropuerto - does anyone know what became of them? =(

You kidding?! I saw them wings, put 2 and 2 together that they were yours and you were already gone.....then proceeded to destroy them shits lol!

Also, I'm glad you revived this thread temporarily because I wanted to post up a vid of a random conversation between you and noface in here but figured I was too late. I guess I'll upload it and post it now lol.

Yall don't realize how loud LP was talking. Everybody sitting behind us gave us a stare every time LP cussed, which was a lot lmao.

And there go them delicious wings of yours that you left, visible right there in the video.

No lie, LP is probably my favorite scrub in the world.

"At the end of the day...I fuggin' won!"

...But my problem is what I feel was a lack of respect for us in general as if we were an afterthought. Now I'm not talking about the last day so much but how shit was run initially when we first got there. We were promised our own space with a minimum of 4 stations the entire time for casuals. This stems from what happened last year and how we were bounced around, made to move numerous times, and ultimately had our stations taken away for some jabroni game.We were told they were figuratively rolling out the red carpet for us and that we wouldn't be an afterthought, but when the time came we had ONE station the first day.

On the second day, the day we were starting our tournament, we all get there on time at least 60 of us and we have no idea what the hell is going on. There are TWO stations being run and no T.O in site. Finally we get some poor boy who looks as if he has no idea on what the hell is going on and tells us it being pushed back an hour. This disperses all the people there who go off to eat, play in another tournament, or whatever the hell they were doing. Which was a good thing as we had to go and beg for another couple of set ups so we could get the 4 set ups we had been promised. There was no Dr. Dogg in site, no Jedi Robb, no anyone who came on here promoting Dev beforehand stating how they were going to take care of us. It seemed as if everyone of those guys were more involved with the Roshambo tournament than what was going on with ours.

They then start the tournament 25 minutes earlier than stated and of course they announce nothing. They started DQing people before they even announced anything! It took us 30 minutes to get through to those guys and have them get over the goddamn loudspeaker and mention that the SC tournament had started early. They had a dude who had no idea how to run a bracket running our tournament looking lost. He had us playing on one freaking set up at most two almost the entire time until we shouted at him and told him to start matches on the other two. Frankly I could go on and on.

I find all this very disrespectful to our community and I'm not even getting into what happened on the final bracket which was the only time we got any of those guys to get involved and that was due to a horrible fuck up on their part. If they had told us this was how the shit was gonna be run, people would have told them to stick it up their ass and saved their money for NEC.

Now I see your point of view as far as the audience, the stream, and how they threw us a bone and actually let us commentate our own shit but I still call bullshit. That's like me saying, "Hey baby here's this diamond ring that you could get nowhere else but through me." But you get it after I slap the shit out of you and piss on your face. I'm not partial to that and I'd tell them to stick that ring up their ass sideways if I knew I was gonna have to deal with that.

My point is they would never have treated any other community like that. Granted we are smaller but if we don't speak up and say we aren't standing for that shit, who will?

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit and bullshit. at least in this thread, the people posting were there and know how untrue that shit is.

sorry to kill the tone of the thread, guys, but seriously...

greatone...that entire post 100% horse shit and supremely insulting. where do you get off flat out making shit like that up to make people look bad in a thread that thousands of people are reading? the audacity involved there is mind blowing. i have to say, this is completely out of the blue coming from one of my homies. if you are going to try and belittle the integrity of DEV, and spit in the face of the people who gave their time, energy and money to give you a good time, you could at least be classy enough to do it with facts instead of whatever pops into your head.

i wasn't at the venue more than 20 minutes on the first day, and i missed the early VIP thing that we both had our names on the list for, for free. so i don't know about your 'one setup' claim. like the rest of your post it is most likely bullshit, but if it is true, i am 100% certain that you made no attempt to get another set up, or to ask about it, or to do...well anything to see what or why.

hell, i was in the first pool, which started on time, and i personally played on 3 of the five setups that we had from the getgo, during the first 20 minutes of my pool. clearly we went to different events. i think by "we had to beg", you mean "lobo walked up to the TO stand, picked up a couple extra copies and turned on the additional stations after tekken was done." because that is what actually happened. drdogg and jedirobb were both exactly where they were supposed to be, doing their jobs, which didn't happen to be fanning you with palm fronds or whatever it is you were expecting. maybe you should have taken 30 seconds to walk over and talk to them.

the guy who ran our pools has been doing it for years, and made no mistakes. he struggled only with the facts that he didn't know the players and that there were VERY many people who registered and were not there. in all reality, those brackets were a nightmare of byes and reorganizing, and yet he did it expertly and ran our pools quickly and smoothly in spite of the barriers. i guess you wouldn't recognize or appreciate that, though. it is hilarious that you would just say he had no idea how to run a bracket, though. i'd pay $20 right now to see you try and position everyone on just one of those pools.

as for top 8 day, mistakes were made. they were not hidden or lied about or denied. they happened. we dealt with it. THE MOMENT jedirobb was made aware of the situation, he raced over to resolve it. not an hour or thirty minutes or even one minute later, but THE MOMENT. then again, i guess you wouldn't have noticed since you were clearly on mars all weekend.

"would any other community have been treated this way?"

i'm not sure i follow you there.

do you mean to ask, would any other community our size be given a $500 pot, an entire station of multiple setups all weekend, stream time immediately following SF4AE, while viewing was at its peak, and our own representatives using their equipment for commentary?

if that is what you meant, the answer is no.

DEV didn't go flawlessly for us. maybe one day we can all be perfect and we won't have to deal with anything remotely messed up ever again. until then, i will continue to wonder what it is like up on that cloud you are on.

if you didn't have a good time, that is on you. i'm pretty sure the rest of us had a blast. if you didn't like the tournament format, that is on you. if you are bitter about the bracket dilemma, well we all make mistakes, get over it. but how dare you wait for me to make a legitimate NATS suggestion and chime in, randomly, with such a bucket of blatant lies about everything from the amount of TVs to the pool brackets to the physical location of a man who literally sat at a table in the middle of the venue all weekend ...and for absolutely no reason other than to shit on the organizers who did nothing but try and help our community. if this is your idea of a humorous trolling, it fails. if you actually meant to make up all that shit to make us look bad, thanks. i really appreciate it when my friends publicly stick me in the back.

do us a favor next year and don't go. spread your filth on someone else's efforts. problem solved.

i wasn't at the venue more than 20 minutes on the first day, and i missed the early VIP thing that we both had our names on the list for, for free. so i don't know about your 'one setup' claim. like the rest of your post it is most likely bullshit, but if it is true, i am 100% certain that you made no attempt to get another set up, or to ask about it, or to do...well anything to see what or why.

Actually I was the one running around on a wild goose chase being the middleman between our players and Dr. Dogg since he only provided us with 1 setup. I spent a good 20 minutes running back and forth before they finally realized that mortal kombat (which had a good 5-6 stations already) is more important than us and we would just have to wait until a station opened up.

Like you said, you weren't at the venue for very long. But trust me, they treated us very poorly especially after how Dr. Dogg hyped it up on the forums. One disappointment after another. First the announcement that never came, then no stations to play on, and finally forcing either me or RTD to be screwed over.

I had all the praise in the world for DEVASTATION 2010, but they really really dropped the ball at DEVASTATION 2011.

To top it all off, I was at the venue the whole day on saturday and they NEVER called me for Rock-Paper-Scissors.

i cant believe i got so arrogant and tried to finish off LP with some random JF pickup crap when i knew i could have just killed him. I'll be gunnin for you in SC5, LP.

Lobo, I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with you. Those are your boys or whatever it is and you want to defend them. Fine. I don't know why your attacking me personally with the little smart ass comments as I'm calling it as I see it. I have no agenda to down talk Dev. I got no ill will towards none of your partnas or you whatsoever. I have no reason to make anything up. BUT we do know you have a habit of...let's say coloring events depending on if you're for them or against them.

I actually think you truly believe what you are saying so I don't mean that as if I'm calling you a liar. But you do have a tendency to "get passionate" about subjects and will color things to fit how you see things. That's fine. I knew that if I pursued saying anything negative at all about DEV you'd come hard but I still posted what I posted. And I mean every fucking word. I will correct one thing though, we ultimately did end up with 5 set ups but I call...I disagree with most everything else you said.

So basically I've said my piece. I won't be pursuing any drama or argument with you. I've been nothing but cool with you and hope it remains that way. Do what you do lil daddy.

P.S.

I probably will make it to Dev next year as regardless of what you may think or maybe you just didn't hear me when I said it to you directly, but I had a great time. BUT that was due to the people and the setting. I enjoy anytime I can spend with all you guys and I hope to continue doing it.

Back