do you think SFxT will hurt SCV?

eyedea

Baconator
i am hoping that it doesnt take players away from our online community

unless they are the type of players i want gone anyway

They're going to be a decline in players, but it's mostly the bandwagon jumpers / achievement whores (dare I call them that?) People who are serious about Soul Calibur are still going to play Soul Calibur. Sure, a few might buy SFxT and play that as well, but the players you want to fight against are going to be around as always.

wait i forgot, its capcom.

I will be waiting for the inevitable super/ultimate edition

I will be waiting for the inevitable super/ultimate edition
Not to worry, friend: Capcom has decided to ease your troubles and put most of the future content on the current disk, so you can buy it now and not worry about the Super edition in a year. You can simply buy the unlocking codes next March and get the additions without the hassle of getting a new disk.

Sarcasm aside, that is pretty much what they're doing.

By including these 12 characters on the disc, the idea was to ensure easy compatibility between players who do and do not choose to download the characters when they arrive as DLC.

This move also furthers our desire to avoid a "Super" version of the game down the road. Everything you need to enjoy this game for months (and years) to come will be accessed by the retail disc available this week. When the DLC update does come, it will inject new life and excitement into the game by unleashing 12 new fighters into the wild.

SFxT has a ton of content on day one, then later this year we reenergize the whole thing with a hefty DLC update, without the need for a second disc.

Once Street Fighter X Tekken drops tomorrow, a lot of gamers are going to be glued to their PS3s and Xbox 360s while Soul Calibur V ends up on the back burner.

Admittedly, I'm going to be glued to SFxT when I get later on this week ( Europe not getting it till Friday! Good thing the site I have it on pre-order from will have it posted to me by Thursday. ) but I'll be back on SCV soon enough ( sooner if the online annoys me enough. ) I'll still be lurking around here regardless.

As for the topic on hand, yes, it's going to effect the amount of people online, I reckon that many people who got SCV got it as a stop gap before SFxT.

I'll be getting it even though I'm not a fan at all of Crapcom games.

What did me in were the Tekken characters and the tag mechanics.

I'm a sucker for tag fighting games. Tekken Tag is still my fav fighter to this date, over SC2.

Somwhat,
Sidenote: If your a 3D fighting game person dont bother bout SFxT
even though im a fan of tekken i cant pull my self to play that game.

Somwhat,
Sidenote: If your a 3D fighting game person dont bother bout SFxT
even though im a fan of tekken i cant pull my self to play that game.
this is true, i love 2d fighters (like MK better than SF), but as far as 3d goes SC is all there is to me

Of course it will. All new games hurt older games, whether it's 2D or 3D. People always want to try the newest thing

I think SFxT already has harmed SC5, at least a little bit. I'm sure there were a lot of people that decided not to buy SC5 because SFxT is coming out.

That being said, the community will be fine. People that love SC, love it for a reason. Some may visit SFxT (I won't), but they will be back.

Sarcasm aside, that is pretty much what they're doing.

Holy shit. I am honestly shocked and amazed that they are doing that...that REALLY is spitting in the face of the customer.

Some DLC being on disc at launch is fine, like CaS pieces in SC5. Those things are niche and if someone wants to buy them, that's cool. It's not that big of a deal...but 12 characters!? Woooowwww. I will officially never buy SFxT now. I wasn't planning on it before, but I may have given in eventually. But now...nope.

Back