Dominator joystick gets tested

Heh, I meant macroing programs. Like in MMORPGs... When something is difficult enough to perform, macro programs can make the difference between impossible and possible. (Or arthritis and no arthritis...)

Heh, I meant macroing programs. Like in MMORPGs... When something is difficult enough to perform, macroing program can make the difference between impossible and possible. (Or arthritis and no arthritis...)

I remember those things, they had alot in Ragnarok.. guys would use em so they can farm for gold/items for days without actually being there.

What's the point of making your game automated?

Winning, because some people don't care about how it happened, they just care about what happened and they're satisfied with that.

Lol this is getting off topic, but I didn't know you could "win" at an MMORPG =P.

On topic: The link is blocked for me (@ work) is it a review of the stick itself or just something showing off the features?

In MMORPGs there can be Player versus Player combat. ;) So using a macro program can give an advantage. But it's mostly the case in fighting games, where correct command execution is a challenge, and also a pride...

you'll be quite disappointed if you buy a stick just because of a macro function. if i remember correctly, there is a somewhat famous saying regarding a fool and his money...

It's controllers like this that ruined online fightnight round2 for me. Guys would just macro in the haymaker uppercuts and spam them like there was no tomorrow.

This kinda controller looks pretty cool, but I'm more concerned about the quality of the buttons/stick than I am about that macro/turbo boolsheet.

Two articles on this so far, no mention of what parts they're using. I expect this to be below the quality of even a Hori EX2, which is extremely low quality for an arcade stick.

Oh and the macros are banned anyway. Go ahead and buy it if you want, but you probably won't even be allowed to use the stick itself at a tourney.

yeah it wouldn't be too popular for the tourney scene.. but for online applications, you could do ivy's command throw ALOT...

Just imagine programming the DOOM combo into that thing and getting 1 button - 1 hit KO's!

Doom combo wouldn't be good to program in since the stick is dumb and would attempt to continue the combo even if the first hit was blocked, leaving you completely out of control for several seconds.

Ivy's command throws on the other hand would be nasty. Expect to see several more Ivy players who do nothing but command throws online in the near future.

They've had macro joysticks since SC2. My "official" hori Sc2 multi-console stick allowed macros... I could macro SS/CS in both directions and just hit 3 buttons to throw them out.

Also, the parts of the dominator may possibly be below OEM hori parts.

And finally, custom stick builders (and the sf4 tournament edition) put their start and select buttons OFF the face of the stick, so that if you're mashing buttons to break a throw or something, you don't accidentally pause the game and forfeit the match. The dominator, on the other hand, places the start and select buttons RIGHT NEXT TO THE PRIMARY BUTTONS.

This design "feature", combined with the macros, obviously shows the target audience for the dominator - PSN and casual players, not serious competitive players in which a pause will forfeit the round and macros are banned altogether.

Lol, XCM is on a roll with controllers that give a person a little "edge" over their opponent.
first was the rapid gear lite (which also improves the D-PAD on the 360 controller)
and now this.

XCM generally makes decent products.. I wonder how this will turn out

Anyone notice that this stick looks like a repackaged MAYFLASH?

E487_big.jpg

Back