Edge Master Series Major 2014

Something I forgot to add:

Holycarp and I.jpg

Aww, looked awesome! I was going to attend but something happened and I had to stay at home :/

If you guys do another I'll definitely come, in sickness or in health!

Aww, looked awesome! I was going to attend but something happened and I had to stay at home :/

If you guys do another I'll definitely come, in sickness or in health!
bummer man...we'll def be doing another one...get practicing

Finally I get to write my shoutouts. GGs to everyone and thanks a lot to the organisators for this tournament. It was a real pleasure!

@Silent_Joel : Without you I would have been totally lost! Thanks for all your help. Your Siegfried looks interesting, it was fun playing against you.

@Age_of_Truth : It was great seeing you again! And it's cool that you didn't quit the game. A SC community without Hyrul - can't imagine that! Fighting against your Leixia was so tough but I enjoyed it. Congratulations to the 4th place in the solo, the first character who is not a Greek, hahaha! ^^

@AndyrooxDS : Your Z.W.E.I. is too beautiful for this world! You should get a price for your low-tier performance. Never seen anyone before who could do JG on so many difficult things. It's really a shame that you didn't get out of the pool, since in my eyes you are more talented and skilled than other players who did better in solo than you. Unfortunately, this game is unfair to people like you. I hated this so much when I used to main Z.W.E.I. myself. Well anyway, I hope our Z.W.E.I. mirrors were not too boring or dissappointing for you! :P Keep up the good work with Z.W.E.I., he's awesome and you are as well!

@This Viola player who was in my pool and I forgot the name, sorry!!!: Man, that stupid converter problem was so annoying! xD I'm gonna be honest, I didn't enjoy playing against you at all! ^^ But it was very nice talking to you and thanks for your advice against Viola.

@HolyCarp : Congratulations for the 3rd place in the solo! Your Pyrrha Omega is very dangerous and your input skill of DNS B is scary! I enjoyed playing against you, it was very interesting.

@WolfLoneThe : Very cheap and simple Patroklos, you play him how he should be played (this is not supposed to be an insult or a personal attack. I just think in general that Patroklos is too cheap and strong and not very interesting as an opponent... :P ^^). However, what I did find interesting when I was playing against you was the mind game. You never seemed to get nervous and I had the feeling that you could adapt quite fast.

@GolD ShaD : Boy, your Alpha is a monster. I've never seen a player before who could do all these crazy combos as frequently as you did. It was very nice talking and playing against you. Congratulations to the 1st place, you really deserved it.

@Adam Ayonmike : It' such a pity that we couldn't play! Your Nightmare seemed quite impressive to me. Hopefully we can play some matches next time.

@Pantocrator : Our tournament match was not fun at all. There's really no meaning in the Natsu - Siegfried MU. Nevertheless, you are one of the few players who can give me a very hard time although I have the advantage.

@Kalas : It was fun playing the new SSB with you and nice seeing you again. I hope you could recover from your horrible long travel, Mr. Swede. xD

And of course Shoutouts to this drunken guy in the pub, I was laughing tears! =D

I guess that's it. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

I will upload some photos I took on FB. If someone doesn't want a certain photo to be uploaded there, just message me and I will remove it.

Thanks again to every player and person who made this event so awesome and nice. You are all welcome to Germany should there be another BrawlOne in Hamburg.

See ya! =)

Finally I get to write my shoutouts. GGs to everyone and thanks a lot to the organisators for this tournament. It was a real pleasure!

@Silent_Joel : Without you I would have been totally lost! Thanks for all your help. Your Siegfried looks interesting, it was fun playing against you.

@Age_of_Truth : It was great seeing you again! And it's cool that you didn't quit the game. A SC community without Hyrul - can't imagine that! Fighting against your Leixia was so tough but I enjoyed it. Congratulations to the 4th place in the solo, the first character who is not a Greek, hahaha! ^^

@AndyrooxDS : Your Z.W.E.I. is too beautiful for this world! You should get a price for your low-tier performance. Never seen anyone before who could do JG on so many difficult things. It's really a shame that you didn't get out of the pool, since in my eyes you are more talented and skilled than other players who did better in solo than you. Unfortunately, this game is unfair to people like you. I hated this so much when I used to main Z.W.E.I. myself. Well anyway, I hope our Z.W.E.I. mirrors were not too boring or dissappointing for you! :P Keep up the good work with Z.W.E.I., he's awesome and you are as well!

@This Viola player who was in my pool and I forgot the name, sorry!!!: Man, that stupid converter problem was so annoying! xD I'm gonna be honest, I didn't enjoy playing against you at all! ^^ But it was very nice talking to you and thanks for your advice against Viola.

@HolyCarp : Congratulations for the 3rd place in the solo! Your Pyrrha Omega is very dangerous and your input skill of DNS B is scary! I enjoyed playing against you, it was very interesting.

@WolfLoneThe : Very cheap and simple Patroklos, you play him how he should be played (this is not supposed to be an insult or a personal attack. I just think in general that Patroklos is too cheap and strong and not very interesting as an opponent... :P ^^). However, what I did find interesting when I was playing against you was the mind game. You never seemed to get nervous and I had the feeling that you could adapt quite fast.

@GolD ShaD : Boy, your Alpha is a monster. I've never seen a player before who could do all these crazy combos as frequently as you did. It was very nice talking and playing against you. Congratulations to the 1st place, you really deserved it.

@Adam Ayonmike : It' such a pity that we couldn't play! Your Nightmare seemed quite impressive to me. Hopefully we can play some matches next time.

@Pantocrator : Our tournament match was not fun at all. There's really no meaning in the Natsu - Siegfried MU. Nevertheless, you are one of the few players who can give me a very hard time although I have the advantage.

@Kalas : It was fun playing the new SSB with you and nice seeing you again. I hope you could recover from your horrible long travel, Mr. Swede. xD

And of course Shoutouts to this drunken guy in the pub, I was laughing tears! =D

I guess that's it. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

I will upload some photos I took on FB. If someone doesn't want a certain photo to be uploaded there, just message me and I will remove it.

Thanks again to every player and person who made this event so awesome and nice. You are all welcome to Germany should there be another BrawlOne in Hamburg.

See ya! =)
that Viola player was @Synalon and I have a confession to make...that converter problem wasn't the converter at all...it was me trolling, my PS3 pad was still connected to my PS3...I thought I'd have a little fun

also how come I gets no shoutout for sharing Pizza with everyone #ForeverAlone and #ForeverBroke ORZ

also how come I gets no shoutout for sharing Pizza with everyone #ForeverAlone and #ForeverBroke ORZ
And shoutouts to zero again for sharing the pizza! I think it was that what was keeping me going lol

Cheers for the kind words guys ^^
Next time me and Wolf boy are making top 8 dam sure! :)

Wow. It seems like kind of...inappropriate behaviour for a tournament match? And didn't you think of stopping when I was saying I'd concede if we couldn't find something that worked? In any case I was at worse just embarrassed to have controller difficulties the first time I'd played in a competitive environment but it possibly cost @Kerrigan the game. Like, thanks for actually admitting it but what were you thinking?

Wow. It seems like kind of...inappropriate behaviour for a tournament match? And didn't you think of stopping when I was saying I'd concede if we couldn't find something that worked? In any case I was at worse just embarrassed to have controller difficulties the first time I'd played in a competitive environment but it possibly cost @Kerrigan the game. Like, thanks for actually admitting it but what were you thinking?

well to be fair I was on the other side of the room, so I didn't actually hear you saying you'd concede. In any case lighten up, it was just a lil mischievousness from myself, I mean at least you know it wasn't you with the difficulties.
Imo that's the problem with some of us first-timers...we get waaaaay too tense, so I'm just trying to brighten up the mood with a little humour.
Also not for one second do I ever think a silly thing like this would EVER cost someone as experienced Kerrigan a game especially since she's been in numerous tourneys around the world. Plus I'm sure I made up for it by letting you win some matches in our casuals Kappa

@HolyCarp yeah shame we only had 1 match but was fun nonetheless we must play more.

@ZER0 haha Mr mischevious, Natsu bands !! xD

@Zanaken thank you for the whore matches

@Rakazuki good matches, I'd be lying if I wasnt a little salty you battered Ivy ^^

@WolfLoneThe We didnt get to VS each other but grats on placing and cheers for leaving me to deal with HC and Kalas ....

@Age_of_Truth @Silent_Joel Thank you again guys for arranging the event!

@Kalas Thanks for the Lexia games and MU exp

@Kerrigan was good to fight an aggressive Natsu and exposed my zilch MU knowledge on her.

@sotirislive was good to play with you without any dental BS going on, GGs:)

@Synalon Congrats on popping your tournament cherry, and doing well :) shame about the controller issue.

@GolD ShaD
Félicitations , votre alpha est incroyable! La prochaine fois je voudrais jouer avec vous

GGs to anyone I missed, hope to see you all there next time!!]

Btw feel free to add me on PSN for games

Brief but belated shoutouts to -

THE NEW GUYS thanks ever so much to Phil, Arachnid, TxA, Synalon, Rakazuki, Zero, and any others I missed who turned out for this for the first time. Every player coming in really makes a difference to the impact of a tournament as well as to the vibe and community feel of the event. Also a big thank you to those who came down once again, especially to Andy who had to come a long way and save the cash especially, and Sotiris who has supported us from day 1 and always been there to help out with organising, get carbs down hungry gullets on so on.

Also a huge thank you to Netherlands superstar Adam, ze Germans, and ze almost-German Panto, it was great to see you guys again, and your decision to come made this probably the highest-standard tournament we've ever had in the UK, at the very least tied with last EMS when Deus Happy et al. came to rock the boat.

That last time the boat was rocked but not tipped; unfortunately this time, tournament favourite GOLD Shad did of course become the first international player to win a SCV UK tournament! Mega congratulations for coming and taking all our money. Being serious, your training, attitude and positive spirit have allowed you to transcend the level of Soul Calibur play across Europe. You are doubtless an inspiration to many new players, and probably some old ones too, and I wish you the best of luck in the forthcoming NEC 15 tournament in the USA.

Finally, thank you once again to Silent Joel who did virtually all of the major organisation for this tournament, not only making this event possible but also managing to run group stages, solo DE bracket and a 2v2 tournament without any major problems. Anyone who's been involved in tournament organisation before will know that this is a much bigger deal than it probably sounds.

Back