[Feb 4, 2012] Toronto Top Tiers: Smash Up II (Feb.t 4th) (Toronto, ON)

Kowtow: I just don't see why I should force myself to play and learn a character that I don't want to when I could just be playing Dampierre. Sure I have Ezio in my avatar but I just plan to mess around with him when I play on consoles that don't have Dampierre available.

I just don't see the point in spending $20 to enter a tournament just to play a character that I don't know how to use properly at all. If I were to do that I may as well enter SF4, KoF and MvC too. lol

We'll see how things turn out.

I just don't see the point in spending $20 to enter a tournament just to play a character that I don't know how to use properly at all. If I were to do that I may as well enter SF4, KoF and MvC too. lol

We'll see how things turn out.

Well according to your theory of why we SHOULD have to put up with him, which is that we can't be ready for other new characters in time anyway, then you won't be ready with Dampierre in 4 days anyway. Unless he's the exact same as in BD, in which case only the select few who had BD will have that advantage anyway.

In the end, this isn't about "I want to play my character" this is about having an advantage over people who haven't seen some gimmick. You're a better player than that, you don't need that to win matches. Just learn Lizardman or something and give it a shot with the rest of us who are all happily going into this with less than a week of experience and competing the best we can. If you're a good SOUL CALIBUR player, and not just someone who knows one character's tricks, you'll be fine. And I think you are a good player, so I'd like to see you give it an honest shot.

Let me try to put this simply.

I plan to learn Dampierre. He is my absolute favorite SC character of all time.

I plan on only using him for a long time until I feel I have fully mastered him.

I have zero interest in using anyone else until I am satisfied with how my Dampierre is.

End of story. If you want to think anything else, that's all you. I don't really care what anyone else thinks in regards to my character choice. So think what you want.

So i'll be up to the very next SC related event you guys have, so please keep them coming often and always!

(ALSO DONT SCRE OFF NEW PPL!) :p

Kowtow: Don't feed the troll. Just let him do his business. Great to hear that you guys are coming. We'll send you guys home crying.

Cha: Sucks that you can't come for this. We will be doing a monthly thing with stream so don't miss those.

---
Change of Venue:

Best Western Primrose Hotel
Pearson Room
http://www.torontoprimrosehotel.com/
111 Carlton Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2G3

This was where T12 was held.
Go to the first page for new info about parking and food places.

NeoRussell

Kowtow: Don't feed the troll. Just let him do his business.
+1

1600765-troll_face_small_super.png

This thread is lacking, so far its just some troll, trolling terribly.

We should do some team event.
I think 3vs3 will be fine, as it should be a faster pace than 2vs2. But I think team should be randomized, or have 2 veteran play and 1 new players per team to make it more fair so that teams aren't stacked. And yes, this is a new game but still, if feel older players will have more of an advantage than new people to the scene.

If most people want to do team then lets do it. Although its up to Russell what he wants. Teams before singles, teams after singles. Singles first till top 4 then teams, then top 4.

You guys got the whole day to play Soul Calibur V.
I want to finish Singles tournament first before Teams.
Feel free to run Teams after but I may or may not participate in that since SF and MvC3 will be running.

NeoRussell

I really feel like I should go this time since I haven't been in the Toronto scene since... forever.

Too bad I'm absolutely terrible at Marvel, Tekken, and SC. :(

Russell, if you don't mind I'd like to bring my PS3 so that Runic_Wolf and I can use Dampierre in casuals.

Taking time off work to enjoy some good ol' Canadian company :)
I got my directions to the event all set and ready to go. Can't wait to see everyone again

Oh crap I almost forgot to ask: There should be plenty of parking in the hotel parking lot right?

So SC5 gets a total of about 75-90 minutes of stream time? I'm disappointed. NAY! Disgusted. I will watch though as long as the canadien reminds me. In fact I nominate that filthy Canadien and Emlarr for commentary! #1 team in the world!

Oh crap I almost forgot to ask: There should be plenty of parking in the hotel parking lot right?

I think there is parking in the hotel, but Russell should confirm. If you can park as the hotel the are paid parking lots near the hotel around 5-10 dollar.

As for the stream I'll see if get another stream setup going on at the Tournament. If worst come to worst and I can't setup a second stream, I'll organize an alternative, but it will be after the tournament is finished.

I think there is parking in the hotel, but Russell should confirm. If you can park as the hotel the are paid parking lots near the hotel around 5-10 dollar.

As for the stream I'll see if get another stream setup going on at the Tournament. If worst come to worst and I can't setup a second stream, I'll organize an alternative, but it will be after the tournament is finished.
Get that lazy Canadien to do it! He has the know-how and the equipment. He just needs another computer not made with the up-to-date Canadian technology that is Windows 95.

Taking time off work to enjoy some good ol' Canadian company :)
I got my directions to the event all set and ready to go. Can't wait to see everyone again

I'll post a good parking spot for the whole day. Looking to what's the best one.

NeoRussell

Back