Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Off the plank you!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Needs some work :/

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

franman

[13] Hero
So I've been the Captain of this vessel for quite some time and the captain would like to hear some feed backs from his fellow pirate crew as well as guests on board.

What I'm mainly looking for is how easily accessible it is to obtain the info you want to get. Did you find the info you're looking for with ease? Could there be any improvements to accessibility of info?

Also with regards to the stickies, did they pave an easy journey for you to reach to your destination? In other words metaphorically speaking did it make finding info easier? If you want to share what could make stickies any better I'll be listening maybe considering it.

If there's anything else that needs to be improved then plz also share it here. BTW comments about the captain are welcome too. Plz don't take shots at your captain :P but give constructive criticisms if there's some areas I need to work on.

Remember I'm the captain, I have a knack for organization but it's not just for the sake of organization itself. My goal is to make as much ppl: crew member and guest to gain info in the best and easiest way possible.

*knack for organization, cap'n.

Also, in your little construction, does that make Spman the first mate? How often do you mate? Are you mating with any other swabs?

*knack for organization, cap'n.
thanx I'll edit immediately.

Also, in your little construction, does that make Spman the first mate? How often do you mate? Are you mating with any other swabs?
Silly Hates, I can't secretly disclose that.

But jokes aside I hope Spman is aware of the things I'm doing around this thread. I haven't PM him but it seems like he doesn't have any objections on what I've done here. Though I wish he could take some action himself.

Also Hates if you imagine yourself as someone new who wants to learn Cervantes do you find the way this thread is constructed to be beneficial to get the answers you're looking for?

I'm going to be honest here, i found it really difficult for someone who's learning cervantes to find what I'm looking for.
IGDR IS THE MAIN thing for Cervy's why not make an entire thread dedicated to it. It be so much easier but your doing a great job but it takes a while to get answers compare to the nightmare SA. Maybe a thread called Cervantes Playstyle Discussion it took me a while till I got the guide and I was completely lost, I didn't know what kind of character he was...

We really could use something more centralized, though it represents a great deal of legwork. Essentially, a lot of good stuff is buried in long threads, which is thoroughly unavoidable in forums like this. What we need, however, is to excavate that good stuff and put it in something like a closed sticky. It doesn't have to be exhaustive, but something indicating some general Cervantes stuff with included links to relevant discussion threads would be really nice. I could potentially whip something at least skeletally like that...

I'm with Hates. We should create some sort of stickied "Ultimate Guide" thread for Cervantes and from within it redirect people to what they need/looking for (Links to respective threads). Also clean/organize the already existing threads with only the important/relevant information.

Stuff that still need discussion/development:

-Cervantes' Frame Data
-Cervantes' Q/A
-Cervantes' Combos
-Cervantes' iGDR guide
-Cervantes' RO Game
-Cervantes' Playstyles
-Cervantes' Guard Burst Game
-Cervantes' Soul Gauge discussion.
-Cervantes' Official Top Ten Moves (Based on Member voting)
-Cervantes' Matchups
-Cervantes' random discoveries
-Anything else I've missed

If we have the guide with the links to the aforementioned information then I really think it will help newcomers in finding what they need without problem.

So it looks like we need an iGDR thread. I can post the topic or allow anyone to post a study session topic on iGDR. Usually some ppl post topic questions on how to execute iGDR and I delete them because it's a question (not a study guide) and the answer is located in the first page of Cervantes General Q+A/Discussions. Besides questions go in that thread unless the topic question has a good study guide potential like Any Tips on Applying Auto-GI's. So the next time something like this happens again before someone posts an iGDR study guide thread I'll make something productive out of and turn it into a study guide. I don't think it deserves a sticky though.

What we need, however, is to excavate that good stuff and put it in something like a closed sticky. It doesn't have to be exhaustive, but something indicating some general Cervantes stuff with included links to relevant discussion threads would be really nice. I could potentially whip something at least skeletally like that...
But didn't this closed sticky thread [IMPORTANT READ] Terminologies & Directories have that because it has links to the big directories.
Directories to the big threads
Cervantes General Q+A/Discussions - Any game-play elemental questions goes here.
Cervantes Move-set compilation & data - Move list compilation + frame data + damage info etc.
Cervantes Combos - For all your combo needs also if you got combos, plz share here.
Cervantes Tech Traps - Reference to traps that catches certain or all directions of tech rolls/ukemies.
Cervantes Match Vids - Got a vid to share? plz donate here.
I'm not exactly sure if that's what you're implying or if there is something more to it?
Also Moldredd I know you're asking the same as Hates so consider my reply to Hates' quote.

major snip

Yeah, I'd maybe merge that with something that contained a bare-bones description of what you need to pick up and play the character. For example, a handful of important combos and moves paired with a very basic suggested strategy:

Important Moves:
aB--Staple fast punisher/interrupt. 40 damage, -4 on hit, very unsafe on block.
1A:B--Staple low/anti-step. 23ish damage, -4 on hit, very unsafe on block. CH grants a combo.
3B--Staple launcher/whiff punisher. -13 on block, so not immensely unsafe.
iGDR--the Cervantes move. This is necessary to extend combos and get major damage. MUST be mastered.
etcetera, etcetera...

Cervantes can be played patiently or aggressively, but all strategies should focus around maximizing his major launch damage off of 3B and iGDR. Executed properly, these combos are so damaging that opponents will be forced to take great pains not to whiff attacks. Additionally, they will be reticent to duck, allowing for grab and 1A:B abuse, etcetera...

That sort of thing, basically synthesizing discussion we find in a lot of the other threads, then links to those threads for people who want to go more in-depth or to participate, themselves.

This time your captain requires your aid.

First off the, Guide to using Cervantes thread is taking longer than usual for me to get the job done; I'm mainly looking for well-experienced veterans with tourney background exp. to tackle different areas of this guide.

Second, the wiki for Cervantes' frame data isn't complete; I need some volunteers (no tourney exp. necessary) tackling in this area as well.

So anybody interested in volunteering for both or either plz post up.

Hey guys I thought I should announce to you of my retirement. Unfortunately your captain or rather ex-captain is occupied with important matters. The promises I've made to this thread have been long overdue and I apologize for that; also some of you guyz who posted here have the potential to become captain.

If any of you guys are interested in becoming SA mod for this forum (captain as I so call it) set up a conversation with BrewtusBibulus maybe you can continue where I left off.

While I'm no longer the captain I will from time to time pay this thread a visit.

It's really a pity but I humbly wish you great fortune.

Hopefully someone will step up and finish the awesome job you started. Take care, man and once again, good fortune.

We'll miss you. :)

Hey everyone I am a new SA moderator here. If you need anything or have any suggestions to make data easier to access just reply to me here or pm me.

I would like to personally apologize to Moldredd. Because of my limited knowledge of how to be a SA moderator when I moved his 3 posts to its own sticky the middle one was lost. I will admit my wrong doing and apologize. I know this does not bring back the effort he put into that post but its the only thing I can do. If you wish to find this Amazing(No really. It is really good.) Gi guide it is HERE

Other than that though I have recently changed some other things like deleting my matchup directory thread and just using the Cervantes guide one as a directory as it had been and changing the title to A guide to using Cervantes/Forum directory to reflect these changes.

Other than that since I am still newer here to SA mod I would love it if anyone would give feedback. What am I doing right? what am I doing wrong? Don't be afraid to be harsh if I am doing something majorly wrong. My goal is to make this forum better for all of you and do it in a neat and organized manner. Feel free to reply here, pm me or post on my profile. I am on 8wr 16 hours a day in another window so I will almost always be on to check what you have said.

Hopefully someone will step up and finish the awesome job you started. Take care, man and once again, good fortune.

I know I am not as good as him but I am trying my hardest and hope to be one day. Again I apologize to you Moldredd for that middle post.

Hey Crew.I will start posting here once a week to check what the members think. Is everyone currently happy with the organization of the forums? Anything that needs to be brought to my attention that I missed? Go ahead and post here if you think anything needs to happen or be done.

My current project for the next week is to finish the A guide to using Cervantes thread. I unlike most moderators am on 8wr every hour I am awake even when away from home on mobile so I am hoping this forum can stay nice with easy to access data. That's it for now!

Back