= Gatsu's Official Temple of teh Random CaS Stuff =

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGS is where the real shit is though.

Agree, but even there better go with low hype
From TGS i will like

DMC5 by Itsuno announced
Gameplay of Bloodborne
Tekken x SF (the tekkenish one made by Namco)
SF4 on PS4 (i know the PSNow version, i hope they do one more update after USF4... USF4 2015/AE?)
Any news about next SC now that Daishi is no more
Any news about Darkstalkers by Ono if truly "is not dead"
Any news about Project Phoenix
Any news about the next not-Boom Sonic
Any new fighter they may announce
Any new jap action they may announce
Any new jprg may announce
New video of Might N.9 that show improvement
Any hope, no matter how little about The Last Guardian :D
Dragon Dogma 2 please

See? If i go hoping something like that i will be so butthurt after TGS :D

If only they could announce real games... Seriously, seeing all these new games and none seems worth spending money: they might be beautiful, but heck they are SHORT. I loved the FF series, now it's just rubbish. Most games don't exceed 20h of play. Plus, when they announce games, we get something far more interesting than the game we were promised. I guess my time to stop playing has come :/

Hey, hey, I thought this was...

Why are you guys talking about E3? Isn't there a topic already on here? Dis is supposed to be a CAS forum...>_>
Also, Eliskuya2 was asking if Gatsu was still up to his awesome sleve to do this user's request. @_@

Anyways, don't mind me, I'm just trying to keep this discussion civil and on-topic, lol.

Gatsu can talk about whatever the hell he wants between posting CaS.
If there was no discussion between character postings then the forum would move at a snail's pace.

If you don't wanna see non-CaS stuff, ignore any alert that doesn't say "attached a file to..." :P

Also, Eliskuya2 could always try the Request-to-Go thread.

If only they could announce real games... Seriously, seeing all these new games and none seems worth spending money: they might be beautiful, but heck they are SHORT. I loved the FF series, now it's just rubbish. Most games don't exceed 20h of play. Plus, when they announce games, we get something far more interesting than the game we were promised. I guess my time to stop playing has come :/

Eh, two more trends of shitty capitalism/marketing-oriented gen

You may read the bullshit excuse of "people now want short-intense experienzz!", wich may be almost true since many gamers growing up have ever less and less time

But still is a lie made to cover 3 simple things

1- If you have budget to do a long great looking game, or with the same $$$ one way more spectalular that will be way shorter, fat marketing guys will ever prefer the second.
The whole marketing bullshit hype is made up with flashy trailers that scream "we are squeezing the hardware powah!!" and short falshy demos. Longevity is becoming ever more a niche concept, don't push sales.
If mentioned at all (usually only when they're "forced" by straight question from journalist) more often than not it end up in a line hidden in the middle of PR walltext, and sold as a half-good thing ("cuz we so much want give u teh best intenze epic experience possible!!!1!")

2- the industry as a whole don't want to break the your consumistic chain. If you spend 60$ and after 2-3 days you have already finished it, you are ready to buy next. You must be ever hungry,as long your belly is full your wallet stay closed.
Add how shameless and banner$-whore is become gaming journalism (anybody over 25 remember how more professional approach there was back when paper magazines... wich is ironic because the VG itself was considered a way less serious business), ever inclined to sell you the whole "AAA" bullshit concept throwing random 9s and 10s.
Add cheap mind tricks for sheeps like chievementz/trophies to show your sheep-friends how much hardcoregamerz you are
Add the online-multiplayer trend focusing on easy-in retar... ehm"friendly" stuff that you can quick consume with your sheep friends for a month, then everybody move to teh next cool thing. Games that encourage fucking training to actually get good are no more the ideal concept of mp, guess why fighting games are getting ever less and less love, and the ones still alive try to play the friendly bs card and/or some bs sell-tickets trick.
Even "journalists" will no more tell you how fucking beautiful, refined, deep and rewarding a FG gamedesign is, as long is not push-buttons-to-win the new trend is blame the developers for theyr absurd choice of bet on quality instead wisely assume a "friendly" doggy style receiving position to encourage any braindead casual little banana.
You know the flowchart: is not a FG player-> buy -> refuse to train -> lose -> hatemail -> run on teh internet spread how much the game suck lulz iz broken!!!11 -> drop the game
He's the face of the new consumer, and if don't represent all, is still a VERY big target that fat marketing don't wan't miss.
Take all of the above said, and you see why the chain-model is winning: the industry want it, and today sheeps(how are like that also because the whole last endless gen THIS industry feed them to be like that) want it.
You true gamers are in the middle and a minority.
Is the basic "from hunter to shepherd", Wiki will tell you that's a 5000 years old trick. The industry is a lazy fat-ass that don't want anymore go in the wild forest and actually try to hunt smart difficult preys that require effort, skill and risk, when they had 7 years(?) to buil up a simple fence just oustide home where stock millions and millions of fat passive sheeps.
He's never been as fat and never been as rich. Just give them "AAA" shit to eat and all will be fine.

3- Short games keep your belly half empty, giving them excuse to slap in DLC expansion and/or other contents.
Also they can ever cover it with mediocre multiplayer that usually is mediocre for pure mp standards and is nowhere near of the quality of the SP campaign.
And still you have sheeps.
They will not complain about the fucking game being short.
But they will complain if the game does'nt have expansion ( "eh, they don't support it!") or if being a SP type game they dare to make it SP only (where is muh multiplayerz :( ") or some else shit that don't fit theyr stupid perception of a complete product ("whaaat? no platinum trophy??? why i should play it lulz")

Gatsu can talk about whatever the hell he wants between posting CaS.
If there was no discussion between character postings then the forum would move at a snail's pace.

If you don't wanna see non-CaS stuff, ignore any alert that doesn't say "attached a file to..." :P

Also, Eliskuya2 could always try the Request-to-Go thread.
giphy.gif

Hey, hey, I thought this was...

Why are you guys talking about E3? Isn't there a topic already on here? Dis is supposed to be a CAS forum...>_>
Also, Eliskuya2 was asking if Gatsu was still up to his awesome sleve to do this user's request. @_@

Exactly, it's
you
= Gatsu's Reliable Factory of weekly CaS Stuff =

It's random bro
Sometimes you get CaS (link me a thread with more CaS than this)
Sometimes you get my old-man style rant about when shit was actually good, and you have to take it as God's Word because since i'm good at make nice looking puppets with a fight game not-essential puppet editor imho i must be fucking wise, like that dragon ball cat or something

But still is a lie made to cover 3 simple things
snip
That's quite the accurate summary. I won't deny I like nice games, but if it's to lose durability/gameplay for the sake of a les pixelated model...

I remember GTA:SA, first game to receive 20/20 (in francophone countries at least). How were the graphics? Awful, a pity for a PS2 game. Yet the game was long, and the story was interesting. Why don't they base themselves on such success rather than rushing half finished games? (I'm looking at you, Project Souls!) Profit is the only motivation the get a game out... Seriously, the graphics are nice, but if you can only play 20h, how could you even notice some small things added in the background, or a character's design? They spend too much time on "less important" features rather than giving the players an actual finished game with a story...

Unfortunately, people accept this trend of "unfinished but full of DLC games"... Remember when something was added to a game? For example, DMC3 was 50€ when it came out, and later they released the same game WITH additional content for 30€. Now what is it? A game comes out for 60€, and you have to pay 2€ here and 10€ there to get full access to the disc content. It's like ordering a cheeseburger, but having to pay extra € to get it warm, with pickles, and cheese... Even worse, the F2P/P2W trend is absolutely killing whatever remains of past games. It's like reading a series of books you like, and after 3 tomes the author releases an empty book, and tells you "ok now write the story, here is the list of characters everyone has ever loved (doesn't matter if they died) so use them to create your own story"... Isn't there any lazier game than that?

I might be getting old, but except a few gems, most games now are just money-eating devices... The only DLC I paid for were SCV's, expecting my contribution to help the restauration of the series' fame. What did we get in return? Fan-service lagging copy/paste game, and a mobile throw-spam game.

I heartfully hope than the big lobbies creating game will someday realize they were on the wrong tracks and go back to the time when playing was a matter of fun and immersion, rather than zerg-rushing content...

That's quite the accurate summary. I won't deny I like nice games, but if it's to lose durability/gameplay for the sake of a les pixelated model...

I remember GTA:SA, first game to receive 20/20 (in francophone countries at least). How were the graphics? Awful, a pity for a PS2 game. Yet the game was long, and the story was interesting. Why don't they base themselves on such success rather than rushing half finished games? (I'm looking at you, Project Souls!) Profit is the only motivation the get a game out... Seriously, the graphics are nice, but if you can only play 20h, how could you even notice some small things added in the background, or a character's design? They spend too much time on "less important" features rather than giving the players an actual finished game with a story...

Unfortunately, people accept this trend of "unfinished but full of DLC games"... Remember when something was added to a game? For example, DMC3 was 50€ when it came out, and later they released the same game WITH additional content for 30€. Now what is it? A game comes out for 60€, and you have to pay 2€ here and 10€ there to get full access to the disc content. It's like ordering a cheeseburger, but having to pay extra € to get it warm, with pickles, and cheese... Even worse, the F2P/P2W trend is absolutely killing whatever remains of past games. It's like reading a series of books you like, and after 3 tomes the author releases an empty book, and tells you "ok now write the story, here is the list of characters everyone has ever loved (doesn't matter if they died) so use them to create your own story"... Isn't there any lazier game than that?

I might be getting old, but except a few gems, most games now are just money-eating devices... The only DLC I paid for were SCV's, expecting my contribution to help the restauration of the series' fame. What did we get in return? Fan-service lagging copy/paste game, and a mobile throw-spam game.

I heartfully hope than the big lobbies creating game will someday realize they were on the wrong tracks and go back to the time when playing was a matter of fun and immersion, rather than zerg-rushing content...
Sometimes it's hard to tell why games started sucking lately. Maybe it's just us getting older and crankier. Same thing happened to me in anime. I used to put up with "friendship is magic" speeches just fine as a high schooler, but now I just pray that the speaker gets shot with an arrow, Game of Thrones style. Major props to Attack on Titan for subverting this trope (Believe in us! We're your friends! *splat*) in the most brutal way possible, but that's an extremely rare exception. I mean, I'm generally an optimistic guy, but those shounen anime protagonists are just fucking exasperating. Oh wait, now we're really off topic.

Sometimes it's hard to tell why games started sucking lately. Maybe it's just us getting older and crankier. Same thing happened to me in anime.

Nah, "iz all nostalgia dude" is the fav argument of who defend the shitty industry, don't let the doubt weaken your will :D

The trend is simple to spot, is the transition from the old jap VG "artisan" philosophy to the more capitalism oriented USA one

Jap way was about split games in genres, create a project and keep develop/evolve it, it was a dedicated perfectionist way, with enphasis on make a deep gameplay and refine it. The kind of audience for that was about have a loyal often "specialized" fanbase of the genre.
There was not a slow-down to be "casual friendly", the two options avaible for the noob were get good at it or stay the fuck out

Usa way is the same basic capitalistic holy rule that they apply to almost every product "if it sell, is good". In this case the process is the opposite, you don't want spacialization, you want make something that embrace the largest % possible of audience. To achieve that lowest common denominator is your friend, every inch of gameplay deepness risk to cut off thousands of consumers. So it become about bet on graphic, because appearance is that lowest common you needed to catch them all

This shit above is hard to deny, feel free to copy-paste first time you argue with some dbag "hardcore player" grown up in the achievement bullsit that accuse you of blind nostalgia :D

ps: This from somebody that, taking your example, found a way to love even today anime scene, loving both classic and some of the new stuff

pps: and to be fair i bet i can name a good amount of PS3-generation stuff that i really enjoyed, problem is that the % of it is dramatic :D

Lol cool :D

I was thinking to do a similar parody with some SF characters as GOT ones, think like do a single page comic-style of famous scenes of the show... as super fan of both the idea was fun to me, but will be way too much nerdy/niche, since these days i'm adding stuff for my portfolio

Btw just for the lulz here the ones i was thinking, the trick was find not only find somebody similar, but also a character that have story/personality similar traits :D
Some can sound weird because in some case there is no straight resemblance, but the idea was push on personality (and work only if you truly know both characters)

Eddard- Guile
Jaime- Cody
Ser Barristan- Gouken
The Red Viper- Vega/Claw
Melisandre - Rose
The Hound- Sagat
Bronn- Rolento
Arya- Makoto
Jon and Robb- Ryu and Ken
Hodor and Bran+Osha(the wildling babysitter) - Hugo and El Fuerte+Poison <--- this was the best :D
Tormund "i fucked a female bear" Giantsbane- Zangief*
Daneyris- Cammy
Jorah Friendzoned Mormont- Dudley
Sam Tarly- Rufus
Whitewalkers - Seth and clones

*with Gief trying to tell the story and Ygritte/C.Viper that clean her CIA sniper rifle(ok sniper-crossbow) and interrupt him with "I know you never fucked a bear. You know you never fucked a bear. Right now, I don't wanna think about the bear you never fucked," :D

Idea was fun but again only truly know both character will get it and it will have zero use for the portfolio :D

Last edited:
Thanks, to bad the one on the right arm was wrong (should not move with the hand like you can see in the bottom-right pic) :D

Today i made Raiden too :D
Used not reference pics this time, so maybe i missed something but i like the result

mgrising___raiden_by_damodega-d72gvwn.png
What part did you use for the crotch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back