Getting better with Leixia...

Der Lindwurm

Premium Member
I've found she's a good antidote to Xiba, Maxi, and other faster characters who give me hell when I play Siegfried, though I still feel a bit toothless at times when I play her, especially when I'm against someone who knows all they have to is block mid for most of what she throws at them. If they know 2A+B well enough to see it coming, just about any character can beat it easily. Same goes for 1KK (I also tend to miscalculate the range a lot with that move, miss with the first kick, but get them with the second if they don't thwack me while the first kick is winding up.)

Just wondering which low attacks Leixia players who actually know what they're doing have found work better against players who always guard against or interrupt 2A+B.

Of course, one good thing about my inexperience is that I wasn't good enough to take advantage of what Leixia could do pre-nerf anyway. So, not much has changed for me. Actually, I've noticed no difference whatsoever. :p

Well, after labbing a bit more, it looks like 22_88kA, A, B is the move I'm going to make a top priority of getting into my working combat vocabulary.

You can stop 2B+K with G, allowing you to do BT mid if your opponent tries to block low. This is risky, though. If you're opponent doesn't try to block 2B+K you will leave yourself open.

You can stop 2B+K with G, allowing you to do BT mid if your opponent tries to block low. This is risky, though. If you're opponent doesn't try to block 2B+K you will leave yourself open.

I think the move you're referring to is 2A+B, not 2B+K. 2B+K is her standing quakestun, not a true low.

2A+B, FC2A+B, and 11A can all be G-canceled to produce a throw/mid/quick low/Guard Impact scenario to confuse your opponent when they expect the normal low attack. Just beware of using these options too much, as they are even more interruptable than the move by itself.

Just wondering which low attacks Leixia players who actually know what they're doing have found work better against players who always guard against or interrupt 2A+B.

2K, 11A, and WS A+B, are the only good lows she has left after the patches. 22K is still good as a round ender but that's about it.

You should definitely practice the instant WS A+B input. This is done by going into crouch by pressing 2G and quickly releasing those buttons while pressing A+B. It sounds more complicated than it is, but basically practice going into crouch and doing this move as fast as possible. If done correctly, you shouldn't even see Leixia crouch at all.

Thanks, everyone! I'll definitely work on improving my consistency with WS A+B. Cancelling 2A+B and then getting them with BT B sounds great though with my still very high input failure rate it might be a while before I can execute that reliably in the heat of battle.

So it's been some months...

What I'm wondering now is the best moves against really step-happy opponents. I usually play Siegfried and have a vast array of horizontals that are strong against running and stepping. What about Leixia, though? Is 3A+B your all around best bet with her?

Try 44A, or WR A with meter, or 4K. I barely use 66AA anymore cause when your opponents learn to JG it, it causes pain to your heart.

for lows
11A
FC A+B
22/2K

for steppers:
3A+B- two hit natural combo that counters stepping good in general and buts her in FC however is unsafe.
AA- simple and on CH add the BE
2A
44A series

I don't wanna start caring any more than this but 3A+B is safe (-10) and 66K only tracks one side.

I should make a thread called "getting better with raph" Just kinda frustrating using him against my high level friends.

I should make a thread called "getting better with raph" Just kinda frustrating using him against my high level friends.

You don't have to. You can ask your questions in the Q&A section and peeps will answer you there.
Sorry off topic.

Well, after labbing a bit more, it looks like 22_88kA, A, B is the move I'm going to make a top priority of getting into my working combat vocabulary.

i hate that series so much! i play a leixia player that is very good. they do 22K from neutral......i can see it. then they mix me up with 22kA post KND and when i am against a wall..... i have to read it in little time, i can barely read it...

by neutral i mean there is no sign of their step animation/inputs

Back