Google+ YouTube integration...

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
Rants were not uncommon about the new comments section...

I am not able to comment on videos on YouTube as of right now... Every time I try to update I see this...

Screenshot from 2013-11-11 23:14:36.png

Anyone got some advice for me?

Rants were not uncommon about the new comments section...

I am not able to comment on videos on YouTube as of right now... Every time I try to update I see this...

View attachment 36119
Anyone got some advice for me?

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS OMG!!! ><;;;

I got soo pissed off like 5 days ago when I logged on to reply to 4 messages, and I got spammed with "You can no longer have this name, you need to set up a Google+ account" and it felt like I got hacked because I couldn't::::

1) Couldn't post comments on my on videos.
2) Couldn't reply to my friends comments...
3) I didn't have an inbox anymore technically.....
4) Randomly my profile picture vanished..
5) I had to set up a different user name with my same email despite not being able to use my "ReinaKozoki" user name which is my Youtube URL name still...
6) I couldn't upload videos until I had a Google+ account wtf????

7) Now you can't reply to any comments after the update (5+ days ago) so any comments on videos that are 6+ days old, you can never reply to, so on and so forth... wow... O_o;;

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??!!

Turns out Youtube is being forced to integrate with this stupid Google+ because Google wants to compete with Facebook... So we now have this stupid "Friend Sharing liking your Video, Follow you on Google+" nonsense! I mean what the hell happened to just subscribing to Youtube pages? It works fine!

Oh and Hydro James what you want to do is register a Google+ account with your email associated with your Youtube account... so if your email was like "hydrojames@gmail.com" you'll want to register it as a google+ account and you can enter any user name that will appear when you comment on videos... You can make your user name like "Tom Cruise" if you want to.. LOL! Any name...

My official name when I comment on videos is "CAT GIRL" but my Youtube username is "ReinaKozoki" but you'll only know that if you click on my name through a video comment and it will direct you to my channel "ReinaKozoki".... it's a horrible interface!!! =PPP

I think its the best change...

I've been using my Google ID for YouTube for several years now. http://mail.8wayrun.com runs on Google Apps.

The misconception here is that this forces you to link your YouTube account to Google+; this is not the case... its forcing you to link your YouTube account to your Google ID. Its a subtle difference, but its important enough to mention that I've been using Google ID for years and I don't use Google+ at all.

The removal of anonymity and self accountability is paramount of everything.

Also, the YouTube inbox was crap. The inbox was only valuable of you have a small channel where NO ONE COMMENTS ON YOUR CRAP. But when you post a video, and you get 10,000 comments on it; it becomes completely worthless. In fact, if I wanted to browse comments, the new "bell" alerts are much easier to browse than the shit YouTube inbox.

The inbox was only valuable of you have a small channel where NO ONE COMMENTS ON YOUR CRAP. But when you post a video, and you get 10,000 comments on it; it becomes completely worthless. In fact, if I wanted to browse comments, the new "bell" alerts are much easier to browse than the shit YouTube inbox.

LOL! Sorry but that's wrong, here's why..... All you're going to get is a notification "JimmyJimmyjon posted on your video!" Then you see the comment in the preview: "Hey this video is BAD!!!!" You want to remove the comment? Okay...

You'll have to open up the video, search for that comment, and it's not in chronological order, so comments 3 months old will appear at the top, below it will be comments 2 weeks old... so you scroll down to find this comment... and scroll... I've had 15 hour old comments sorted seven rows down below 5 month old comments, go figure.

And no it doesn't give out your real name, my friend has a fake registered name with their Gmail ID so when you click on their Google ID there name is "John Cena", so much for anonymity huh? John Cena must be there real life name then....

Last edited:
LOL! Sorry but that's wrong, here's why..... All you're going to get is a notification "JimmyJimmyjon posted on your video!" Then you see the comment in the preview: "Hey jaxel this video SUCK!!" You want to remove the comment? Okay...

You'll have to open up the video, search for that comment, and it's not in chronological order, so comments 3 months old will appear at the top, below it will be comments 2 weeks old... so you scroll down to find this comment... and scroll... I've had 15 hour old comments sorted seven rows down below 5 month old comments, go figure.
I've got no issues doing anything you just mentioned...

Untitled-1.png

I've got no issues doing anything you just mentioned...

View attachment 36120

Yes I have that exact same reply feature for new comments on a video, BUT for older comments, or multi-comments on a video you didn't reply to, you get this....

6paqvc.png

^ That's just one of my videos I have recent comments on but didn't check right away, turns out when I click on them, it auto-redirects me to the video and I have to manually click on the comment to reply to it. There is no "Reply" feature there because it's not the "most recent" comment..

I know, it's dumb and confusing... >:P At least they fixed the Pending Approval glitch..... xD

This is what a new post looks like on a video of mine..

zjxl3n.png

Oh! Did I also mention when someone replies to your video and you click on their name from the reply window, it doesn't even forward you to their Youtue page!!! It sends you to their stupid Google+ account! WOW! -___-;;;

Last edited:
Another Facepalm moment... when you try to see the comment that another one is a reply to, rather than simply show the comment, it opens a whole new page of the same video and displays the comment at the top of the comments section!

FAIL!!!

Edit: Same goes for clock links for videos.

Last edited:
The misconception here is that this forces you to link your YouTube account to Google+; this is not the case... its forcing you to link your YouTube account to your Google ID. Its a subtle difference, but its important enough to mention that I've been using Google ID for years and I don't use Google+ at all.

yeah.... its google +

Just keeps getting worse and worse.

☻/ This is Bob. Copy and paste him
/▌ all over youtube
/ \ so he can take over
and return the old comment section.

Last edited:
Another Facepalm moment... when you try to see the comment that another one is a reply to, rather than simply show the comment, it opens a whole new page of the same video and displays the comment at the top of the comments section!

FAIL!!!

Edit: Same goes for clock links for videos.

Yep, and if I comment on one of your videos now and you get a notification in your Google+ mark, you'll see my comment on the video, but if you click on my name it won't direct you to my Youtube page, it'll send you straight to my crappy-lame-ass-useless Google+ account... =__=

*Epic sad face* T__T

Google: Hey! You wanna comment on Youtube? You do? Well you have to use our prototype social media program called Google Plus! We're sorry that we're unable to compartmentalize our crap. We'll sort that out in the near future. If you don't want to use our horrible and disorganized social media program, you're not able to comment on Youtube. Sorry about that.

I missed the old inbox system that Youtube had you know when people actually responded to YOUR comment. Now when someone replies to your comment but is talking to someone else who responded to your comment you get notified. Really REALLY asinine change by Google. Seriously their engineers are retarded programmers.

Hey Google! Ever heard of the saying: "When it ain't broke don't fix it?"? No I thought not. Idiots.

Google: Hey! You wanna comment on Youtube? You do? Well you have to use our prototype social media program called Google Plus! We're sorry that we're unable to compartmentalize our crap. We'll sort that out in the near future. If you don't want to use our horrible and disorganized social media program, you're not able to comment on Youtube. Sorry about that.

I missed the old inbox system that Youtube had you know when people actually responded to YOUR comment. Now when someone replies to your comment but is talking to someone else who responded to your comment you get notified. Really REALLY asinine change by Google. Seriously their engineers are retarded programmers.

Hey Google! Ever heard of the saying: "When it ain't broke don't fix it?"? No I thought not. Idiots.

I agree 100% >:] Although I am used to it now, I still think it's stupid how when someone responds to your comment on a video, and you want to go to their profile, it hotlinks you directly to their crappy Google+ account.

You need to go to the video they commented - find their comment - click on there user name - then you can find there channel..

Eh. It doesn't matter if you like it or hate it. It's Google and YouTube. They'll completely flip things around and remove some kind of functionality in a few months.

Eh. It doesn't matter if you like it or hate it. It's Google and YouTube. They'll completely flip things around and remove some kind of functionality in a few months.

Lol, yeah this is just the beginning for the majestic YoutubexSocial media saga!

Next update will probably be a chat feature where you can invite people to little windows for personal chats like Facebook... Oh great!! I don't even need to use FB anymore, I can just log on to Youtube for all my social media / entertainment needs!!!

LOL I have little problem with the change/integration, I had a gmail account way back along with a separate youtube account.

The change is pretty shitty in terms of checking back comments, or past inbox messages. I'm not moved much compared to other later comers who are now feeling the impact.

If Google+ becomes a bigger trend I might update my CV there and get networking with people with similar interests (Jaxel if you dare try 8WR on google+ lol, see what I'll do to you!!!!)

AZ

Back