Harada Teases SOULCALIBUR VI on Twitter?

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
EXCEPT if it's a Necrid-like mimic. Either something creating weapons "from thin air", mixing various styles (come on, Elysium would be awesome if played like that!), or a "personal" weapon (EM's broadsword) mixed with other characters' moves. But random styles, nope nope. One was already too much, 3 was a theft.
Nah, I want original styles. No mimics, no clones, no Necrid-like mimics. But that's just me. ^^

And what I would add to you list is:
- Complete movesets.

I really hate how they were simplified in SCV (up to discussion, I know some LOVE these new movesets)
I agree with this, however.
I don't like how it was limited in SCV either.

Nah, I want original styles. No mimics, no clones, no Necrid-like mimics. But that's just me. ^^
I feel you ^^ I'm just pointing out that, if they were to create all-powerful weapon wielder (for example, Nightmare and Elysium), they have a lot of possibilities to make them use all weapons at the same time (it's better than just sticking to one) and thus create new playstyles. But indeed, real mimics (aka personified random button) are totally useless imho.

Why has it taken so long without a release though? Isn't the SC series popular enough to warrant more games? Or it has to do with conflicts in the team? I'm dying for a new game on ps4 ever since I bought the console.

Last edited:
SC has the baddest characters ever, the best soundtrack, best story, best fighting system and overall mood and it's the only fighting game that is not out on next gen consoles. WTF WORLD?!
Agreed, I don't get why Tekken is so popular while SC is far better, imho.

Matter of taste: while Tekken 3 was released in 1997-1998, Soul Edge was released in 1995-1996. And the animation was WAY better, as well as graphics (SE characters opened and closed their mouth when talking, while in T3 they remained shut). As I said, it's just a matter of taste, but to me SC has always been a bit better than Tekken.

Since SCV has good gameplay, they can just build up on it's mechanics.
For my wishlist in that department:

-I'd like them to bring back the regular GI. The one that doesn't cost meter. Idc about what they do to jg, i'd be completely fine with them dropping it next game, as long as i get classic GI back.

-Removing the BE system. Turn those moves into either regular, JF, Fastest Input, Hold, or Delay moves.

-Keep the CE system, but return it to what it originally was in SE.

That'd look sick in today's graphics & mechanics. *Cough* UE4 *Cough*.

-More balance. It's funny how with the 2 completely new styles, :sc5vio1: ended up being on the top of the list while :sc5zwe1: is trash tier.

-Keep the smooth movement.
-Keep sidestep.
And for the love of god, no more mimics.

I hope that they've started developing SCVI in 2013 when Hoshino joined the team. If the game is released in 2017, that'll be 4 years in development. I think that's enough for PS to develop a game that delivers well to both the Casual & Competitive players.

Yes! Bring back OLD SCHOOL GI and get rid of stupid Just Guard!

"Ummm" does mean nothing to me! They focus only on Tekken 7, which is an arcade game and they don't reveal to us the release date for consoles... They forgot about Soul Calibur! I'm sure that Project Soul haven't started working on a new project (Soul Calibur 6) I'm pissed off with them, but I don't lose my hopes, I hope this year in E3 2016 that we'll have an announcement for Soul Calibur 6...

Last edited:
If they do announce a new Soul Calibur game I hope they bring back Seung Mina and most of the original characters missing from 5. An announcement or even a cg teaser trainer would be nice.

I agree with you gamemaster14! I really want to see a new Soul Calibur game which it continues the story from SCV... And it will contain all the characters that they didn't appeared in SCV! All with new storylines!!

Well, I know this should really go to the SCVI Discussion, but since quite a few people here talk about it...
On the subject of mimics, why NO mimics? I mean, one is ok, right? Of course, three fucking mimics in SCV was lazy as hell, but there always was at least one mimic in every SC, except SoulEdge and SCIV, and it was fine. One of my fav. SCV characters is Elysium, it just sucks that it's a mimic, and Pat destroyed her, so she has pretty much no chance of coming back in SCVI, but they should've given her an original style, ffs. ANYWAY, back to the actual mimics... I think just one mimic is cool, because you can for example just come home, play on some easier dificulty, use a mimic and chill. Also, you can train more styles at once by using mimics. I'm better with all female characters than with male characters in SCV, except Sieg (main) and Viola (I'm useless with Viola), thanks to Elysium. So, ONE mimic is fine, and isn't necessairly just annoying.

I am personally against mimics in the sense of a "personified random button". To me, a mimic is a character copying some moves from others, not changing their style each round to be a perfect copy of another character. While I liked Elysium for her design and CE, I didn't like what I just described. Necrid was what I consider a mimic, the rest are just a random button... But that's just me :)

I think it would of been alittle better if Kilik had his own CE like Elysium does.

Elysium CE gave her a unique tool which is a full screen whiff punish or alternative combo ender no matter what style she was.

Kilik has to make do with the same CEs as the character has which is unfair would of been better if he had a CE where he does Asura dance in all of its BS glory and for a whole meter thats okay (it could be like Asura Dance's evasion and on hit a cool animation to make it look like a CE but make it unsafe on block ofc)

Edge master having the regular characters CE I think is okay as he is the master of styles so he could do them.

But yeah only Edge Master as the mimic for SC6 I reckon everyone can agree on plus its tradition

Live streams

13 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
The only thing I know for real
2 Viewers
theheartlessproject
theheartlessproject
(18+) [Vtuber] DAY 16 OF SUBATHON STREAM!!!!, every sub adds an hr, every dollar donation adds 10 mins
1 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
3rd stream test but with 60fps
1 Viewers
Uber_Wizard
Uber_Wizard
PS5 SoulCalibur VI 4.16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member