Hello everybody !

Tael

[12] Conqueror
What's up guys ?

So I recently saw some SCV footage and it just brought back all my good ( but I should say super awesome ) memories of SCII, which I used to play a long time ago on my Gamecube ( So yeah I basically haven't touched a SC game for 5-6 years... ). I still have the game though, but my Gamecube does not work anymore and I gave my Wii to my nephews. I also have an XBox 360 but at the time SCIV came out I wasn't really into buying it.

Anyhow, this made me want to get back into SC, so I read everything I could on the wiki and watched lots of videos on youtube. While going through some old Partisan video I saw a link to this website in the description so I came here, and after reading some interesting threads I decided to sign up and here I am !

The thing is, since it's been so long, I really don't know anything technical about the game. And when I was playing SCII I didn't really bother with advance techniques. So I'm also here willing to learn and more than ever ready to become good at SCV once it comes out ( even though I don't expect to get to a super high level, I want to understand more of the game mechanics and tactics ).

I remember "maining" Taki, and being quite good with Link, Yun-seong and Xianghua.

On a more personal note, I'm 18 and I'm French. I love video games, I play synth in a band, I like roleplaying forums and I don't like bananas :)

Regarding fighting games, I sometimes casually play Tekken 6, in which I "main" Dragunov.

Thank you !

EDIT : sorry for accidental triple thread post ( I'm really making a good first impression... ) but the first two times it told me that it didn't work and I only pressed it once after that for it to work so I don't know what happenned sorry...

Hey there! Welcome to 8wayrun. Ahaha, even though you haven't played SC in awhile, you seem really enthusiastic and I'm impressed you've been reading up things and watching videos. Since you only have SC2, I'm not sure on what to suggest to help you improve your gameplay. But you could take a look at some of you characters SCIV arenas if you wish. Anyway, there's great people on here so feel free to post and just have a good time. <(^-^)

What's up guys ?

So I recently saw some SCV footage and it just brought back all my good ( but I should say super awesome ) memories of SCII, which I used to play a long time ago on my Gamecube ( So yeah I basically haven't touched a SC game for 5-6 years... ). I still have the game though, but my Gamecube does not work anymore and I gave my Wii to my nephews. I also have an XBox 360 but at the time SCIV came out I wasn't really into buying it.

We have a lot of old returning SCII vets. I'm hoping this game recaptures that magic. Man remember SCII? Everyone owned a copy of that. I don't think I've seen such market saturation for a fighting game since street fighter 2. Taki was so good in SCII. I loved execution cancel to pieces and stalker wasn't crap.

Anyhow, this made me want to get back into SC, so I read everything I could on the wiki and watched lots of videos on youtube. While going through some old Partisan video I saw a link to this website in the description so I came here, and after reading some interesting threads I decided to sign up and here I am !

Good to have you man, God bless Partisan.

The thing is, since it's been so long, I really don't know anything technical about the game. And when I was playing SCII I didn't really bother with advance techniques. So I'm also here willing to learn and more than ever ready to become good at SCV once it comes out ( even though I don't expect to get to a super high level, I want to understand more of the game mechanics and tactics ).

Hah I like your spirit. Well I should tell you then. This thread should help you make a little more sense out of our notation and terminology, inventively enough it's named the notation and terminology thread.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

And when the game hits be sure to check out the soul arenas. When the time comes you can check them for info on frames, or if your friends are giving you trouble there will likely be character specific strategies.
http://8wayrun.com/categories/soulcalibur-v-soul-arenas.86/

EDIT : sorry for accidental triple thread post ( I'm really making a good first impression... ) but the first two times it told me that it didn't work and I only pressed it once after that for it to work so I don't know what happenned sorry...
No problem, only mods like myself can see that it happened now, and you cleaned it up pretty quick yourself. Have fun on the boards man and again, welcome. So nice to see so many new faces. A french person who plays synth btw? It must run in the blood over there :D. Daft Punk, Justice, Ratatattat, Air, Miss Kittin. Lotta big french synth artists.

Pocky Yoshi says hello and is pleased to meet you. He won't get along with you. Tee-hee! Just kidding! Great to have you on board.

Hello, Tael, I really like your avatar for some reason XD

Welcome to 8wayrun but more importantly, welcome back to the Soul Series! This place has got everything for you to pick up the game, I guarantee it.

I don't like bananas :)

Really? Me neither ^^

Yep, you've definitely come to the right place. Once the game come sout, there will be floods of new information to help you master your character. Can you just imagine? There's a saying that two heads are better than one, but we will be having hundreds and hundreds of people all wanting to share information. This will probably be the most competitive SoulCalibur to date. If you have any questions, just ask.

Maining Taki, eh? Hope you'll get used to Natsu in SCV then. Tago san did assure us that Taki will appear in SCV, but to date she's yet been confirmed to be playable.

Maining Taki, eh? Hope you'll get used to Natsu in SCV then. Tago san did assure us that Taki will appear in SCV, but to date she's yet been confirmed to be playable.
Well it's been such a long time that I might as well go into SCV without thinking about a main. There are also "new" characters I missed, and the ones that make their debut in SCV. I still have to try everybody before deciding :)

Back