Hero King Rising - Custom Algol Thread

Psypher1

[08] Mercenary
I have seen a lot of CaS threads here. But I have never found acustom Algol thread so here goes...

Showcase your custom Algols, I'd love to see what you've done with the Hero King...

HERE'S MINE...
Closeup
algol2.png

I've seen some good Algol CAS. You just gotta keep looking. Fortunately for you, there might be some Algols around. Check the link thread in my sig. Totally worth it once you get to digging. And peeps won't mind if you steal their work since they're capable of doing another.

As for your Algol.....it looks kinda meh. But don't let my honest comment get you salty, keep on sharing and perhaps you can wow me.

I've seen some good Algol CAS. You just gotta keep looking. Fortunately for you, there might be some Algols around. Check the link thread in my sig. Totally worth it once you get to digging. And peeps won't mind if you steal their work since they're capable of doing another.

As for your Algol.....it looks kinda meh. But don't let my honest comment get you salty, keep on sharing and perhaps you can wow me.
thanks!

any tips on improving my algol?

have already checked out the thread with the tips so, yeah

thanks!

any tips on improving my algol?

have already checked out the thread with the tips so, yeah

For starters, it feels like a slap-on and color.

I'm not sure what theme you're going for.

Let me show you a pic. This CAS doesn't belong to me, it belongs to one of my good buddies of CAS Gatsu.

But I'll give some examples of what I'm gonna help you do. Let's say you want to do some Japanese inspired Algol.

First, you have to use something that could pass as some Japanese equipment. Then form the basic 3 color scheme. You can also do 2 color scheme, but three tends to help balance it out. Like black and red is overdone, but if you add another color, it'll try to help break the black and red stuff. Also, don't saturate colors too high. Patterns helps, but always try to keep it toned down or it'll choke the custom.

soulcaliburg.png

Example 2

This one is done by me. Despite it's simple looks with no patterns, this is proof that colors that aren't highly saturated are better looking than ones that are. I picked a green shirt and purple pants to break the magenta and cyan coloring. In general, I used colors that compliment each other. In other words, sometimes colors don't have to match. Color coordinate sometimes. Too much repetition makes it meh if you were to do black and red for everything for instance. Makes it derp.

And you can picture this cute and pretty lady as an innocent fighter in Japan.
s8-jpg.13113
s10-jpg.13111

s11-jpg.13112

Example 3.

But let's say you don't like stereotyping. That's fine because even herp derp customs can look good. As long as you follow the "natural rule" as Pocky Yoshi calls it.

This is some random herp derp guy I made. It may not be from any place, but I used parts that compliment each other. Another thing you should look out for. Choose parts carefully. I wanted to make a bling bling flamboyant quirky player to match a certain weapon from Yoshimitsu. This should give you an idea of what I mean. No out of place part to ruin what I was going for.

jim8-jpg.16525
jim7-jpg.16526
jim3-jpg.16530

These are just examples though as what you make is totally up to you. Pardon the post.

Agreed with what Pocky has to say.
Also, putting a shirt under the armor adds a massive amount of ugly bulk. Your Algol would instantly gain +50 attractiveness points by losing the shirt (besides, Algol is covered in tattoos, don't take shame in showing them off).

Anyways, here's some Algol customs I've made so far:
Algol_egypt.jpg

My first SCV creation ever:
Cowboy_Algol.jpg

OC demon king:
Dharrion.jpg

Megaman:
Megaman.jpg

Also, Jess deals almost exclusively in custom Tira and Algol, you should check her posts out:
http://8wayrun.com/members/jess.9882/

Seems like lately people don't want to look through threads..."no one edits algol. No one makes old soul calibur characters." While I agree Algol can often be overlooked, there are those of us out there that remember he can be edited ;)

My only algol is dressed as Cocrodile from One Piece, and I don't even know why I keep him since never ever use Algol.

OMG!

Thanks for the tips guys and those are some awesome CaS btw

@yoshi... I will go and mess with the saturation (I'm an anime fan so somewhat impartial to bright colors). And I was going for a modern day type Agol with armor made from the gold in his throne room :P

@lorddraco... Imma check out that thread

This is what I had started with before I thought up "golden armor"
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

PS: Some of the items you have are DLC i assume. I can't get DLC here :'(

Hey, thanks for the promo Draco!​
As for your Algol, Psypher, I agree with what has been said, armor like that over an upper body piece is just never a good idea, the bulk is always ugly. Also, from the parts you used, the custom looks very plain. You must be on a low in-game level, no?​
Level up for more equipment or buy some DLC to improve your customs. :)​

Level up for more equipment or buy some DLC to improve your customs. :)​

I'll post one I edited without the shirt as you guys said. But on the saturation issue, I tried but I can't get it right (IDK, I just love bright colors)...

I'm player level 90, and like I said before, I can't get DLC here, so yeah :'(

Is it too late to contribute to this thread?
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_48.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_49.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_50.png
My thought process was "Since Aeon gains the abilities of the felled opponents he consumes, what if he managed to kill and eat Algol?" And so this beast came into being.

Hey, does anyone know why Algol's moveset isn't available for Create-a-Soul? Like, yeah you can customize Algol himself and all... but you can't use his moveset for making your own character? Is Algol really that OP or something? I'm just saying that it's kinda limiting what you can do with his powers when there's only so much you can do with Algol for customization and you can't just make a character from scratch that has his powers.

Back