Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Well it's good to see you two are active ^_^

Nice I hope to see you do well at FR ProvesaDark. Also add me on PSN LordXav1er.

What's Hilde's best non-charge combo from a guard break?
besides charging, i'd say CE. but other than that maybe 2A+B 2K. obviously without a charge you won't be able to pull of any significant damage. if you're concerned about messing up a charge during the combo maybe try 3BA C1B since it's really easy to charge up a B during it.

besides charging, i'd say CE. but other than that maybe 2A+B 2K. obviously without a charge you won't be able to pull of any significant damage. if you're concerned about messing up a charge during the combo maybe try 3BA C1B since it's really easy to charge up a B during it.
I only really CE after GB. Also, I am currently working on Hilde's GB and damage data right now for those interested. I can't do frames just yet, as Avylon's equipment is currently tied up with Winter Brawl stuff, but I want to do that too.

Edit: I read back that someone said spam C3A at the high level. Against people who just guard, pretty much everyone at the high level, C3A means you just gave up half your health bar.

Last edited:
I only really CE after GB. Also, I am currently working on Hilde's GB and damage data right now for those interested. I can't do frames just yet, as Avylon's equipment is currently tied up with Winter Brawl stuff, but I want to do that too.

Edit: I read back that someone said spam C3A at the high level. Against people who just guard, pretty much everyone at the high level, C3A means you just gave up half your health bar.

well if c3a doesnt work just spam A+B or A+B hold, its really spammable.... im being dead serious......very cerial

hildes best GB attacks
WR A-GB-22b
FC 2b-GB-22b

If you GB you should should try to follow up with 3b be always. If your by the wall you should GB with 66b BE wallsplat combo. With no meter you should be doing 3ba-c1a 70 damage.

BNB GB COMBO

3b be-c2b-3b be-c2b-c3a about half life always, gains a 4th a meter back.

EDIT- i play offline wit janasaur every once in awhile. When astaroth jgs c3a he can do 6bk hold full combo. So not only can you lose 50% life for doing c3a, but you can also lose 100% life.

Last edited:
Against high level people who know Hilde, 22B is somewhat reactable, A+B hold is easily just guarded, and A+B is punishable. Not saying I never use them, but you need to be careful with those tools.

Here is what I have so far. NC means that I took the data from the 8WR wiki, but I haven't reconfirmed it myself yet. GB means that this move will break someone's guard as opposed to only doing guard damage (ex. the difference between AA and B+K).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ath2Bf6DakkYdG9JSWdTUDJjRnFnNnYwOVZBdTFUekE&usp=sharing

NO, spamming c3a and A+B is amazing strat. I beat the cpu with it easily.

22b is reactable? what do you mean by this

WR a-GAURD BREAK-22b you cant react to a 22b during gaurd break. And i dont get what 22b being reactable has to do with anything. If you cant throw out 22b with hilde then you should probly drop her. If they start "reacting to it" its cause you spamming it .

The amount you use 22b is character dependant , which im sure you didnt know. If you fighting astaroth its gona be way harder for him to dodge 22b then say lexia.

NO, spamming c3a and A+B is amazing strat. I beat the cpu with it easily.

22b is reactable? what do you mean by this

WR a-GAURD BREAK-22b you cant react to a 22b during gaurd break. And i dont get what 22b being reactable has to do with anything. If you cant throw out 22b with hilde then you should probly drop her. If they start "reacting to it" its cause you spamming it .

Guard Breaks are different animals because they're essentially combos. So is the CPU. If I wanted to beat the CPU, I'd just pick Pat and spam 66B until it hit.

I have had many players, especially Bibulus and Cross of Ravens, JG and punish me when I ever use C3A. Cross of Ravens is also good enough to either step or JG my 22B on reaction. He doesn't do it all the time, but he does it often enough that I have a hard time using that move.

Cross of Ravens is a very very strong Nightmare/player in general m216xlegendx I have played him a few times myself.

Idk i suck i just spam c3a and A+B hold. And yeah algol vs hilde is even better. Algol has worse step in the game. Hilde bb becomes viable vs algol cause you will catch his step with it :)

Back