Hori PS3 Pad

Unknown Legend

[09] Warrior
For some time I've been looking into getting a different pad for my PS3 because I hate the d-pad on the dualshock 3. Everything else about the controller is great besides the d-pad. I have a much harder time doing 236 214 41236 etc than I did on the (original)PS2 controller. So I ran across this pad while searching the net but I'm skeptical and couldn't find any quality reviews on it, all anyone seemed to care about was the turbo function which is of no use to me.

So has anyone used this pad? How is the d-pad? Does it feel too big or weird to hold? Do the buttons seem fine? Ever had any problems with it? And how did you like it compared to the dualshock 3?

First thought= ewww
Second thought=ehhhh

Have you thought about the SF4 pads? Those seem to have gotten far more favorable reviews.

yeah i have yet to use a stick, but I have my TE SF4 coming in 5 days (raging inner "squee").

I was looking at that for awhile and i avoided it because of a few things:

• I hear the buttons jam up over time (get gummy), and there's no easy fix unless your hardcore into customization...which im not spare maybe getting a different gate.
  • size...seemed small and not lap friendly
  • button arrangement...if you notice its japanese standard and the buttons go down on the right rather than rise. Unless you play cross style, this can be a royal pain in the ass as you need to tilt your right hand outward. simple solution is to change the button settings so that you it's proper for you and even put in plugs for added comfort if it's possible. But then you have a bunch of wasted buttons.

Now the SF4 fight stick ($70)...I hear is much better quality, bigger, has 8 buttons as well, and buttons go up on the right side and just generally looks a hell of a lot more comfortable. IF you wanna go hardcore though the SF4 TE stick ($150) looks immaculate and it's fricken huge and has the EXACT same parts as the arcade machine.

I say buy the SF4 Fight Stick over the Hori.

I was talking about the pad, not the stick because DmanXIIX was asking about alternative pads since he didn't like the DS3 all that much.

41dtNuNsZLL._SS500_.jpg

SF4 PAD.

I guess I might try the saturn pad but I don't know how it'll be playing with something so drastically different. Reason I was originally looking at the hori pad was cause the shape was the mosr similar of all that I've seen. So where can I read good reviews of these controllers?(sf4 & saturn)

But I'd still like to know, has anyone used the hori pad? Or is there a legitimate review?

Back