Hoshino silenced by Namco? News from Harada

• Admin
As most of you may know by now, Hoshino (@hoshino_calibur), who is the director of the Soulcalibur series as of 2013, has not been actively communicating with other users on Twitter. It is currently a Soulcalibur news station and not the voice or thoughts of the director himself. We generally see Twitter accounts for both game news and for the leading director when we take a look at other fighting games.

Why is Soulcalibur so different in comparison? Katsuhiro Harada (@Harada_TEKKEN), the director of the TEKKEN series, had this to say on Twitter yesterday in reply to a comment aimed at him.

Harada in 2015 also had this to say.

Why is Hoshino not allowed to communicate with the fans of the game? It seems like an odd decision from a fan perspective. The only way I am able to rationalize this, is that Namco higher-ups may want to keep the future of Soulcalibur a secret. That way any other games they are trying to market (*cough* Tekken 7 *cough*) will have less divided attention. Is this the correct way to handle the social media aspect for the Soulcalibur series? Only time can tell.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
While guests are acceptable, I'd prefer PS to create a full cast rather than focusing on a guest and sticking mimics in the game.

Anyway, we'll discuss the possible guest when they reveal a SC game, namely: in a very long time.

The situation is a bit complicated, for example, someone could claim that Soul Calibur as a franchise does not have iconic characters/strong cast and that is the reason why there are modes like Create a Soul or Guests.

On the other hand, you just had a character poll recently cause Soul Calibur V took out some old/fan favorite characters.

You can't use one or the other as a fact.

I wonder who Hoshino's boss is. I thought he was supposed to be the boss of Project Soul.

Well, PS is a part of Namco, so I would assume that he has a boss who is in charge of all their subdivisions.

image.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back