iGDR GUIDE and Move Discussion

I can't do two of these stupid things in a row for the life of me. It seems the 2P side gives me a lot more trouble than the 1P side since I can do the second easy enough if I manage to start on the 2P side. I play on pad, any of you have such issues?

I'm probably just being impatient and need more practice, but perhaps you guys know a cheat for switching sides? :)
Sadly, there's no way to magically switch sides (unless you iGDR an opponent near a wall, in which case the camera will probably switch sides like 5 times while doing backflips, so you won't know which to way twist the joystick to iGDR a second time, damnit), but in my experience, when I was learning iGDRing and couldn't get two in a row, it was always because I was doing the second one too early. Do it later than you think. Like, surprisingly later. For the iGDR>iGDR combo, you're actually picking your opponent up off the ground (suprisingly). You shouldn't even start the motion until the opponent is at Cervantes's head-level while descending. You're got a surprisingly big window to land that second iGDR, so there's no need to rush it.

For the 3B>iGDR>iGDR combo (and the WS B and 2A+B CH combos), I just look at Cervy's big 'ol boots. Only when you see his feet return to their neutral-stand position is it time to do the next iGDR. Any earlier, and you're buffering inputs, meaning that you'll get a vanilla GDR instead (since iGDR cannot be buffered). It's similar when you're trying to iGDR after landing a WS B, as you have to input the iGDR way later than is intuitive. Watch for when the boots return to neutral and then twitch out an iGDR.

Wow, thanks man. That tip about doing the second iGDR about head level REALLY freakin' helped. I mean, I still suck at doing it on the 2P side, but as Moldredd said it's probably just down to practicing it more.

At least I know I was definitely trying to do that second one too soon! I guess patience and practice is the only way. Oh well, off to the lab!

Edit: Oh wow, I think I found my problem. I seems I wasn't consistently hitting the "4" or the "1" from the 2P side... guess I should leave inputs on from now on. Thanks for the help guys. I'm rockin out triple iGDR's for 100+ damage 95% of the time now. Barring that, I still get two witch is 70+, which is still awesome.

Man, I feel like I just leveled up.

Funnily enough, my problems with iGDR do not stem with doing iGDR twice, rather doing it the first time. If for example I manage to get iGDR off once, I'm able to complete the iGDRx2 > 2A+B combo.

The way I've been trying to learn it is simply by practicing in training and performing a bunch of moves, then randomly jumping into iGDR timings then changing it up again. This way, I'm not trying to focus too much on getting the timing down, but rather picking it up naturally. Even when doing this in training mode, however, it doesn't work out in live play. I'm far more successful doing it in training mode than in live play, such that, I'm still relying on far less damaging combos like iGDR > B2, and 3B > 8B+K > 3B.

So, has anybody tried doing an iGDR on a HitBox (or other all-button-controller) yet? I just pre-ordered one this morning, since they've finally offered me a PS360 one that I can use on either console, and I'm kinda mad-curious about it would apply to a 3D fighting game Soul Calibur...

I practically have a spasm when I do iGDR. My whole upper body like flies forward an inch haha. Just something about that movement helps me get it better.

He wasn't nerfed at all. The SCV incarnation of Cervantes is much, much more powerful than his SCIV counterpart. I wish we had a video of the current game in this thread.
Well he is nerfed from his SCII counterpart, other than maybe iGDR.

Back