iGDR not good against...

BatousaiNori

[10] Knight
Yeah, FYI, Chickenwing called me to rub in my face that she gets 82 guaranteed damage if you fuck up against her on this. Cass can do 236 and then back grab. Can't duck, can't do shit but take it up the ass. So yeah, I made a thread to start off if anybody else knows certain chars who get disgusting damage off of a blocked iGDR?

I'm kinda curious as to what Ivy can get off it, haha. But it's not like we throw iGDR out all over the place. Well, not all of us, anyway.

It's fun to know stuff like that, but where did CW place in that last tourney? But hey, at least he knows that.

Sophie gets 3B, 236236B for 74. I do play one guy who iGDRs into my guard all the time, but generally I'm not used to seeing it.

Yoshi gets 68 just for his Backthrow....
Algol gets about 76 for 3AA~2B+K

EDIT:

Algols gets 88 for 66BA~delayed aB~11B and 79 for 3B~41236B~3B. Nasty..

Awesome, this is great stuff to know. I got 2nd place in a tourney again but this time I rarely used iGDR. I figured if I'm not getting it down pat yet, I played him pretty much like SC2 cervy and did fine. I even raped one of the best Sophie players in the nation, Blaze, 3-0 w/him. There is hope yet!

i think it should be used in combos, punishing, and interuption nowere else ever thats how i do it unless im scrueing around and just throwen it out there whenever

Wow im suprised as the guy who defends Cervy so much in the tier aspect that you don't know this.

One word ~KILIK-

He rapes iGDR the worst in the game post block. I'll let u figure out the damage and what combo does it.

i remember seeing in the kilik thread a long while ago that he gets some 100+ damage combo....

well thats why you have to use it at the right time i think gator tought me that the hard way awhile ago :)

Nah, Hilde doesn't rape this matchup at all. And actually she doesn't get a doom combo because you get launched BT, which makes the charged A whiff.

If you get an iGDR blocked by someone who has a specific non-throw punisher then doing the 28B followup is a decent idea. Yes, you still recover hugely disadvantaged, but it often enough makes people whiff out of the big damage stuff, or you take an air hit and can AC away. Done properly, you can discourage people from doing much apart from back throws.

Ive found 28B useful when the dreadful time comes when it gets blocked but honestly when im playing seriously i dont use iGDR that much now that i have the feel that i can pull it out of my ass without getting warmed up, i only use it saftley.

That's true, 28B seems to be a good evasion tool at the end, and as far as I can tell there's not much of a reason not to.....unleeeeeessssss......can Astaroth 28:B+G him out of it?

There's plenty of reason not to do it--it recovers slowly enough that your opponent can whiff a throw and still run up and launch you for free--but it messes with non-throw attacks decently well.

Back