Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

Doing 44A+B after CH 2A+B is good when your opponent is prone to a guard break. Then you can either do the CE or 1B BE x2 > 9A+B B

Also WR CH A+B >1_2_3B+K is back!! For more damage I always do 8B+K after that. 106 Dmg

I think Ivy's tech trap is very lacking.
I'm currently using a few, but they all seem terrible

22_88B seems to work best, but if they roll a bit too quickly or if you're too slow, it will horribly wiff
214B will catch people who lay still on the ground, but if they get up and block, you're at a negative frame
2A+B is what the guide recommends, but it doesn't seem to do any damage if they get hit on the ground
if they get up and block, it does put them in crouching state...I don't see how this is helpful...

8A+B,B used to be godly at catching people rolling in SC4, but now it horribly wiffs half the time.

I feel so lost on this.
Considering characters like Nightmare, Siegfried and mitsurugi can take off literally 40% of your health on ONE tech trap...seeing that Ivy has zero offensive damage pressure makes me really depressed.

2A+B is a terrible move in SCV... the pushback is none existent and you have a lot more frame disadvantage on guard. Compared to SC3/SC4 this move is almost useless.

1K seems to catch all tech (checked after CH 4A). Also, bK catches all as well, and it's also an invisible low poke so it's your best bet I think.

CH 66B BE 1B BE 6B9 BE - 80 DMG

Not too sure about this one. There might be a possibility of air control after the first hit of 1B BE. Also, the Ivy Lick has to be real quick because of the finishing animation of 1B BE.

CH 66B BE 1B BE 6B9 BE - 80 DMG

Not too sure about this one. There might be a possibility of air control after the first hit of 1B BE. Also, the Ivy Lick has to be real quick because of the finishing animation of 1B BE.

The problem with 66B BE is you can't hit confirm it, so unless you're sure you're getting the CH...

Also, CH 66B BE -> 6B9 or 6B9 BE does just about or more damage respectively.

I thought a second 1B+K did more damage than the 8A+B followup?
Yes it does, about 4 or 5 more damage. Cos I like 7_8_9 B+k to look cool, but damage not so much :P

Scaling might be better on 1B+K 9A+B (B). Im at work now so no testy.

Dunno if this was posted yet-
44B+K(combo off the unblockable), 6B8 BE, wall, 1B+K, 6B2 BE, wall, dash forward, 66B BE, 6B2 BE for 217 dmg.

It's completely impractical and should in no way or form be tried unless playing a total idiot, it's just fun for shenanigans and for when you have one of those friends who has to go answer the phone twice in one match. You can only go afk so many times before you gotta pay the toll.

B+K. 6A.K. 6B8 BE 101 dmg. 6B8 BE must be fast

ivy is not bad at all, you have to play well and work more to win and i like this.

(NH) 44:B::B::(B): > :8::A: :+::B:>:(B): (77 dmg)
This does the same damage as when finished with 6B8 but is much easier to time and input.

(CH) 7/8/9:B::+::K: > :6::B::8: (62 dmg)

Hey do mix ups go in this thread? If so I got some tricks I have been using.

After landing :6::(B)::+::(K):, if they:
Standing Block > 1:A::+::B: > :B::+::K: or GRAB
Crouching Block > 3:B: > :(B):
Side Step > 1:K: or GRAB

Well I'll just add what I find as I play here.
So far, off of any 1_2_3 B+K a follow up 1_2_3 B+K seems to be guaranteed and more damage than anything else I can find.
Also, 44BBB -> 6B9 or 6B9 BE

How do you input 6B9 after a air launch. I have been trying in training and i keep whiffing it with 6B or 9B. Can someone help me with the timing of the input and if there is anyway to make it come out easier?

Back