Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

It's just 44BBB, 6B8 BE. The two hits at the end don't combo, they can be avoided by teching.

*Also I recently found out that 7B+K (usually) won't relaunch Viola after a 6B8 BE w!, she is too tiny. :(

Alrighty, thank you! Are there any useful combos that end with the 6B8 BE?

Anything that 68B ends with normally really. In most situations, you want to do normal version anyway (once they learn how to tech) since it gives much better ouki.

One thing that 68B BE does that 68B doesn't do however is wall splat. For instance:

FC 1B -> B -> 68B BE -> w! -> 1_2_3 B+K -> 1_2_3 B+K.

I'm pretty sure many people have noticed that when opponents life is less than 10%, the game scales damage of pokes (according to the guide moves with less than 20dmg do 50% damage)

- after 1K, never use 214B if your opponent has little life left. Always go for 9B
- CH 4K, B+K gets scaled badly as well. Use different follow-up

Any other examples?

- CH 4K, B+K gets scaled badly as well. Use different follow-up

Any other examples?

CH 4K 8A+B, is the best follow up.
~60dmg and it rings out quite good. However I dunno if it gets scaled.
Can someone check it ?

hi guys this is actually my first post in the Soul Arena, so I hope I'm doing in right. CH bK, 8A+B seems guaranteed. I tried it on Viola with all ukemi settings and she couldn't escape it. I generally use this combo to fish for ROs. It's somehow safe Violas i12 AA couldn't punish me on NH. And people don't seem to crouch block bK , because of the animation.

I'm pretty sure many people have noticed that when opponents life is less than 10%, the game scales damage of pokes (according to the guide moves with less than 20dmg do 50% damage)

That's so lame! Cause it doesn't even affect characters like Siegfried and Nightmare whose useful moves don't even do less than 20 damage. Whereas Ivy heavily relies on her pokes. Hrm, which of Ivy's quick moves do 25 or more damage?

That's so lame! Cause it doesn't even affect characters like Siegfried and Nightmare whose useful moves don't even do less than 20 damage. Whereas Ivy heavily relies on her pokes. Hrm, which of Ivy's quick moves do 25 or more damage?

7_8_9B
2A+B

Off the top of my head.

I ment to write CH 4A 4A+B,B Tech Traps the left(that what you have to set the computer to) form 1p side sorry about that.

I found out that this may be a chracter specific, possibly a glitch. Since when tested it yestardy it didnt work at all on Hilde an so far thing it only work on Tira or Pyrra i dont remeber and will test it later on when i get chance, sorry about the bad info.

This is from the guide (I'm including the ones Sora mentioned to be thourough)-
4A - 30 dmg
6B8 - 28 dmg
7_8_9B - 22-26 dmg
4K - 22 dmg
2A+B - 22 dmg
1_2_3B+K - 30 dmg (not really that quick but a good move so I included it, also is the same for BT FC B+K)
66B - 24 dmg
22_88B - 30 dmg
66K - 22 dmg

duh. wasn't thinking there.

and the half damage thing is just there to make people fight instead of trying to sneak in 2K every time.

I don't know if this one's been posted..

3A+B ~ (wait until they're about to hit the ground for the extra damage) 6B8 BE W! ~ 7B+K ~ 6B8 BE W! ~ (dash forward) 66B BE ~ 6B8 (BE ~ 8B+K)
Does 220. (if you do the BE at the very end it does 226, but the 8B+K at the end can be side-teched.)

You can also take off the 66B BE and finish with:
6B+K
3B+K ~ 3B+K
iWR A+B.A ~ (B)/2K/etc.

I think we should have this, since whats his name up top locked the other thread. There has to be more combo's than whats posted up there. and let this be the place for players to post everything they find.

I don't know if this one's been posted..

3A+B ~ (wait until they're about to hit the ground for the extra damage) 6B8 BE W! ~ 7B+K ~ 6B8 BE W! ~ (dash forward) 66B BE ~ 6B8 (BE ~ 8B+K)
Does 220. (if you do the BE at the very end it does 226, but the 8B+K at the end can be side-teched.)

You can also take off the 66B BE and finish with:
6B+K
3B+K ~ 3B+K
iWR A+B.A ~ (B)/2K/etc.

I've been having trouble with the 6B+K ending to this lately, it seems to whiff on alot of characters. Also I think it's 2B+K ~ 2B+K that hits but considering the position during the wall crumple maybe it is both.

Back