Ivy Frame Data discussion

Just to clarify, is this just discussion based? Won't the actual data be taken from the guide and transferred to the wiki?

Just to clarify, is this just discussion based? Won't the actual data be taken from the guide and transferred to the wiki?
We can discuss here everything frame data/frame trap related.

Like you said, the actual data will be taken from the guide, however, we don't know for sure if every move will be listed there. The guide may focus only on signature moves, or the data will be incomplete as Ivy's frames will probably differ quite a bit depending on the range.

We can discuss here everything frame data/frame trap related.

Like you said, the actual data will be taken from the guide, however, we don't know for sure if every move will be listed there. The guide may focus only on signature moves, or the data will be incomplete as Ivy's frames will probably differ quite a bit depending on the range.
Well if they list it properly as:

start | active | recovery

We can get accurate results and not have just the +/- off 1st active frame like now.

i hope for such big loss of moves and good tools plus reach too that her frames will be a lot better,plus better punishers

For this game that's kind of low, more so for BE (5hit jf is great)but it is a very simple combo so it kind of balanced. Hopefully some stronger ones can be found down the line.

5-Hit JF damage is decent, but 22(b) is crap. Slow, unsafe, linear. And you can't hit confirm the B series.

We risk a lot using this move.

5-Hit JF damage is decent, but 22(b) is crap. Slow, unsafe, linear. And you can't hit confirm the B series.

We risk a lot using this move.

Until we get a better punish outside of BE, this is all we have. :(

3(A) is 0 on both NH and CH, at any range. On block it's -20ish at close range and somewhat less unsafe at tip.

damn so she doesnt really have good punishers either,as far as we know for now..
so what are ivys actual strengths in V? because i cant think of anything,i cant see her been a lot safer either

damn so she doesnt really have good punishers either,as far as we know for now..
so what are ivys actual strengths in V? because i cant think of anything,i cant see her been a lot safer either

But she is. Comparing her to SC4 Ivy in CL/WP at least.

Ivy has a good poking game, a better ouki game and a solid throw game. She doesn't have outrageous dmg like other characters, but her better frames somewhat make up for it.

She's definitely not top tier like SC4 Ivy was, but she's is a mid-tier threat IMO.

But she is. Comparing her to SC4 Ivy in CL/WP at least.

Ivy has a good poking game, a better ouki game and a solid throw game. She doesn't have outrageous dmg like other characters, but her better frames somewhat make up for it.

She's definitely not top tier like SC4 Ivy was, but she's is a mid-tier threat IMO.

ok thanks for answering,i was just wondering what she was actually good at now,because shes just totally different really

and i woudnt have expected her frames to be that much better either but you said they are,so thanks

The guide's frame data for the 5-hit JF is apparently wrong. It's listed as -16 like the non-JF version, but the last hit is +12 on block.

The guide's frame data for the 5-hit JF is apparently wrong. It's listed as -16 like the non-JF version, but the last hit is +12 on block.
+12 on GD is good,atleast we can get something out of the JF version, a reward even if blocked, you can probably do a small hit after like SW6B,1A i dont know if there in V or still i12 though,hopefully she will have a i12 move

I got fooled by training mode again. This time 3(A) is negative on hit, why is this happening? I don't understand it. I specifically checked that two days ago many times... same with A+BA. Is this some kind of a glitch?

Also, I can't get 1B BE > 6B8K to work. I think 1B BE is +12 and only 4B works (it's her fastest move) unless it's character specific. If it was +13 then AA/K would work as well but nothing works except 4B.

I got fooled by training mode again. This time 3(A) is negative on hit, why is this happening? I don't understand it. I specifically checked that two days ago many times... same with A+BA. Is this some kind of a glitch?

Also, I can't get 1B BE > 6B8K to work. I think 1B BE is +12 and only 4B works (it's her fastest move) unless it's character specific. If it was +13 then AA/K would work as well but nothing works except 4B.

I'm getting 1B BE > 6B8K to work just fine. It's just rough that you have to know when to start buffering it.

Back