Ivy Patch Notes 1.02 & 1.03 Discussion

Sora

[11] Champion
Patch notes are out! They're currently in Japanese, but we're expecting the English version today as well.

http://www.soularchive.jp/SC5/adjust/index.html

UPDATE! English version now out! https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf

DISCUSS AWAY!

Top of mind thoughts:

• 3(A). Thank you SC gods.
  • bK is actually viable again and will make her ouki game that much better. Best ender after CH 4K I think.
  • 6b8 minor damage boost is welcome. That means 6b8K will now deal 45 damage. Not sure if this would affect the air attack throw version as well.
  • 1B BE fixed issues = Icing on the cake.
  • CS/SS/CE Fixes and buffs = /trollmode on

I don't think Ivy users have any grounds to complain with a healthy list as presented above

True Ivy players never complain. :)

But yes, compared to other chars, Ivy was given a lot. Compared to even OTHER chars like Natsu... that girl was hit by the nerf stick HARD.

natsu ? Look at maxi's changes please. LOL I just ask.. that all ivy players take the high road and don't gloat. There's going to be a lot of miserable people so they'll be very easily irritated.

natsu ? Look at maxi's changes please. LOL I just ask.. that all ivy players take the high road and don't gloat. There's going to be a lot of miserable people so they'll be very easily irritated.

Do you have english notes on Maxi already? We're trying to decipher in chat right now.

Damage redux is fine, it's the lesser advantage stuff we're trying to figure out from his stances.

In my opinion she got buffed way too much, I'm disappointed.
A lot of the changes are unnecessary, and now I'm worried about her being too strong...the only things that had to be fixed were CE, 3[A], and maybe SS, but PS decided to give us super Ivy.

* Maxi got killed...lol

EDIT: "Re-balanced move lists for following characters due to unintended aerial combos connecting even during aerial control: Ivy (while turning moves), Cervantes (AA, 6A, etc.), Leixia (6B, etc.), Xiba (3B)"

Does this mean that Ivy can no longer use FC 1B, B, 6B8?

Dear Jesus Maxi is getting slammed in this thing. I counted 17 moves of his that are getting a damage decrease. (though his 44B is getting an increase) Alot of other moves are losing stun and other properties as well.

Alright back to Ivy. There are a couple of things I'm worried about, I've put the parts I'm concerned with in italics-

6A,K (Dashing Wind): 2nd input can be delayed longer. Shortened freeze for performing the move. Opponent stays standing after hit. - Does this mean we can't combo anything after this anymore?
1bA+B+K (Prophecy's Pledge): removed opponent stun effect when counter hit with this move. Increased damage (12->14) - I'm hoping this doesn't mean we can't do a 6K,B after it, though maybe it just means they don't get knocked down anymore.
44A+B (Crucifixion): unblockable is locked in with reduced hold time. No change in move speed. Decreased damage (40->30) - Does this mean we can't cancel it? I wonder if this affects the UA version as well?

That's all the negatives that caught my eye, everything else seemed like a plus.

the stun from 1B BE is the fall backwards on butt stun that occurs when the opponent blocks the FIRST hit, but tries to move/attack and gets CH by the SECOND hit (gut pull). This is a buff. It means that 6K,B will work more consistently.

A lot of the changes are unnecessary, and now I'm worried about her being too strong...the only things that had to be fixed were CE, 3[A], and maybe SS, but PS decided to give us super Ivy.

* Maxi got killed...lol

EDIT: "Re-balanced move lists for following characters due to unintended aerial combos connecting even during aerial control: Ivy (while turning moves), Cervantes (AA, 6A, etc.), Leixia (6B, etc.), Xiba (3B)"

I get the feeling FC1B,B, 6B8 won't work anymore, too.
Gotta learn to hold B, 6B8 instead

* Maxi got killed...lol

I don't know. While it does make sense from an angle, you can't normally AC out of FC1B anyway, so BT B will always hit. The 6b8 after that is NOT a while turning move, so I'm not sure which part of this combo they're messing with, if any.

Ivy will not be too strong after this patch. Like I told people in the chat, her damage might have changed, but aside from 3(A), none of her moves received frames or range. She still has the same challenge of opening people up -- she now just doesn't have to land as many hits before winning.

Dear Jesus Maxi is getting slammed in this thing. I counted 17 moves of his that are getting a damage decrease. (though his 44B is getting an increase) Alot of other moves are losing stun and other properties as well.

Alright back to Ivy. There are a couple of things I'm worried about, I've put the parts I'm concerned with in italics-

6A,K (Dashing Wind): 2nd input can be delayed longer. Shortened freeze for performing the move. Opponent stays standing after hit. - Does this mean we can't combo anything after this anymore?
1bA+B+K (Prophecy's Pledge): removed opponent stun effect when counter hit with this move. Increased damage (12->14) - I'm hoping this doesn't mean we can't do a 6K,B after it, though maybe it just means they don't get knocked down anymore.
44A+B (Crucifixion): unblockable is locked in with reduced hold time. No change in move speed. Decreased damage (40->30) - Does this mean we can't cancel it? I wonder if this affects the UA version as well?

That's all the negatives that caught my eye, everything else seemed like a plus.

Yes, 6AK cannot be combo-ed out of. You do get more advantage on hit/safer on block however.

Like neo said, landing 1B BE on NH or CH will produce the same stun (NH). This makes the 6KB follow-up more consistent.

Both the normal and UB version of 44A+B is still there. I would assume that this means it's faster to charge into the UB, but you can't do the partially charged normal 44A+B anymore.

Ivy's range game is going to be really good after this
She can control space with quite a few options when the patch hits.

long range:
6{B}_2_8 with better tracking
66{B+K} has better recovery
7_8_9B+K counterhits everything now

Midrange:
6{A}
1_2_3B+K
3{A} stuns

I can see certain characters may have a hard time getting in close to her...viola might not be as bad as we feared...since Ivy has so much more tools now.

Ivy's range game is going to be really good after this
She can control space with quite a few options when the patch hits.

long range:
6{B}_2_8 with better tracking
66{B+K} has better recovery
7_8_9B+K counterhits everything now

Midrange:
6{A}
1_2_3B+K
3{A} stuns

I can see certain characters may have a hard time getting in close to her...viola might not be as bad as we feared...since Ivy has so much more tools now.

I'm not -as- sold on her long range game yet, in particular 6B2_8. While it does catch step easier, it still has the same bad frames on NH/Block.

7_8_9B+K on the other hand, I'm intrigued by.

6A,K - I dont know exactly but think it will only KND on CH, which is fine if does. Most of us know we really shouldnt be using it on NH and with them adding the dealy we still have a chance to mix up and get the CH or screw with ppls heads and do 6A then a mid. Hopefully it does till KND on CH though.
1bA+B+K i think Neo Nailed it on the head this was a buff.
44A+B this was the only one that kind of confused me but im guessing they are saing you either tap 44A+B for the regualr blockable attack or hold the A+B and it will now always do the unblockable not early release into the bloackable version. The start up or charge time seems to be fast so maybe it will still be viable, guess we have to play and see.

Now they said 6K,B has been fixxed so the first hit wont wiff does this mean more range or did they fix some kind of glitch? Im really hoping its range because thats the only thing holding this move back.

Very happy to hear they Bufffed/fixxed CE,SS,CS(though i would have taken a small damage buff to SS from 65 to 70-72 and kept the old Clean hit and been very happy with that and lower break window) now im just curious did they change the break windows on CS and SS and does CS build Ivy more meter(still havent done the damn thing but i would like it to be a great tool for those that can and myself....eventually)

Glad they buffed the damage on regular 3A also that was very needed, with the lack of comboablilty and being stepable to one side, it could at very lesat do good damage.

I'm actually quite happy with these changes

Asking more would just be greedy at the moment
It also seems like Daishi wants to keep iCS somewhat of a rarity...too bad, boys. We take what we can get. :P

I am as well, certain things i would have changed differently like her SS but I am very satistfied with what we will have and yeah from what ring was saying he clearly knows iCS is hard.

hurray! justice! long live Ivy.
I think these changes just about makes her fairer to use. they put put the little extra edge of fear into being careless against her. Seriously the damage was just so poor that time-outs started to become a worry. 6A K and the likes will really help her bite a little better.
In the past few matches (before the update) I've been getting used to fucking people up royally with 1b BE: once it connects, blocked or no, they're yours. There is almost no reason to use meter for anything else. Once you're standing over a fallen opponent with a full Meter and four 1b BE's that they have to deal with, you really can't blame anyone for not owning the round.

NOT that I'm complaining, but I'm surprised they didn't turn up the damage to make 66{A} less of a non-entity. I was surprised they did turn up the damage on her CE as well as made it quicker. It was useless don't get me wrong, but it just seems like it was a noob-killer anyways. a kind of flashing neon sing which says "USE HER BE's", now it sounds really dangerous: 100 wing wangs of damage for one tiny brain burp? it;s gone from being useless to looking, on paper at least, like a better pay off for successfully bamboozling someone into stand guarding against Ivy, and is no longer completely over shadowed by her CS.

So ... they basically gave Ivy +5-10 damage on combos and made her moves work the way they were supposed to in the first place. I don't see what the fuss is about.

That's because her damage output was jack to begin with. She can compete in terms of poke, CH fish and punish damage again.

Back