Jakethesnake's People

Jakethesnake

[08] Mercenary
Hello there! Long time lurker and fan, I figured I might have a go at this too, since everyone else seems to do so here.

I usually am fond of making recreations. Now I read somewhere that originals are preferred a bit more than recreations are... I figure that I could take a shot at originals, but they would be a little bland, would that be okay? :)

Alright, I'll start off with a few.

Astaroth 3p "Spookystroth"

aPat 3p (Obviously not my best, I know)

Vanessa Vancleef (World of Warcraft)

Lil' Mac (Punch Out!!)

Alright, I need some rest. Hope to get some more up later.

Hmm....your technique is pretty good. I see that you used some bump-mapped stickers for texture (like the golden lion crest on aPat) and special equipment (halos on Asta). However, I see that you're struggling to find an artistic direction with your characters. Try to have some kind of vision in your head or, better yet, scratch something out on a notepad before you start creating. I recommend starting with the basics like barbarian, mage, or rogue. As for color coordination is is critical that you start with a blank slate. So before you color in your character, I highly recommend coloring everything grey first. If you wanna add a pattern, slide the color scales all the way to the left so that everything is grey-scale too. From there you pick your primary color, secondary color, and tertiary color. Then you add some bump-mapped stickers for texture. Best of luck!

Thank you for the advice! I made a few new CAS following your advice, but I won't be able to upload them right now. Probably on Monday or Sunday.

Here are a few originals that I made.

Aukusti

Orpheus

Without mask

Ilinca

Gemini (I realize the photos aren't the best, I'll update them when I upload my other CAS later)

More coming soon.

Last edited:
Here are some more CAS!

Viola 3p

Gemini (Updated pics)

Mirek

Gerrit

Vilhelms

Noboru

(Now I know you guys probably see this kind of stuff often, but I wanted to make at least one dark themed character. Sue me.)

I think I'll give it a rest for a bit, let me know what you think!

Bad news, everyone, I recently had to restore my Ps3, so it's gonna take a while to get my stuff back. I hope to make a swift return.

EVERYONE I'M BACK

I've finally found the interest to unlock everything in the game again (which I still haven't accomplished, sadly). And I've remade some of the CaS in this thread and created a few of my own originals.

SOULCALIBUR2164_4.png

SOULCALIBUR2164_5.png

SOULCALIBUR2164_11.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_12.png

SOULCALIBUR2164_6.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_7.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_8.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_9.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_10.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_2.png
SOULCALIBUR2164_3.png

More to come soon!

Some fantastic concepts and techniques here, but they're let down by the colouring.

Often you've using bright and bold colours and it can sometimes look too vibrant and cartoony, which offsets the grungy nature of some of these designs. Take the original Gerrit, for example, BRIGHT red and BRIGHT yellow make him look like wrapping for a candy bar, and it's not a recommended mix.

One thing to consider is toning down the colours a bit, make them more saturated and they'll look more realistic, which will be a great aid to these designs as they are very good, have have some fantastic potential.
Saturation is particularly important on armour, where using anything bright makes it instantly look like plastic, and causes everything to look comical.

I'm interested in seeing where you go from here though, as these are some very unique creations.

All the best!

Back