Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

It's $50? (>O_o)
I bought it for $27 on Amazon lol. I can't remember if it was a sales deal or something. But for now, the book was a steal for $27 xD
Edit: Oh, and there was no shipping fee for me either lol.
It's 30 bucks on amazon right now, and shipping is usually around 15 bucks.

Its free 2 day shipping if you got Prime but thats an additional membership per year if you want all the perks (streaming video, ebook rentals, discounts) Only worth it if you buy (or plan to buy) a lot from Amazon.

But still, is it worth getting the book? Hell yeah.

I'll be taking this with me on my flight tommorow. See you guys in 2 weeks ;)

Here you go Kostas. (>=^_^=)

Setsuka was one of the many warriors under whom Patroklos trained. Seventeen years ago, she fought Heishiro Mitsurugi and managed to shatter his beloved swords Shishi-Oh. But the moment she let her guard down thinkng she was victorious, she saw Mitsurugi's fist digging into her stomach. As her consciousness faded, Setsuka knew she had been defeated. Having survived her encounter with Mitsurugi, Setsuka no longer pursued a life of vengeance. Instead, she moved to Istanbul where she decided to spend the rest of her life helping those weaker than she, in much the same way that her master had helped her.

1y7ggi.jpg

I don't understand why my beloved Setsuka moved in Istanbul ( Κωνσταντινούπολη in Greek ).... By the way Project Soul and Namco must include her in the next Soul Calibur ( Soul Calibur 6 probably )..... And I'm curious what happened to Zasalamel, Talim, Yun-Seong and Seong - Mina....

Last edited:
I don't understand why my beloved Setsuka moved in Istanbul ( Κωνσταντινούπολη in Greek )
For a better life......and not knowing about her own heritage.

In translation, Project Soul's excuse for Patroklos to encounter Setsuka.

I can't believe there was more than one ninja possessed by Arahabaki. The ironic part is that Taki killed this person.

Last edited:
I don't understand why my beloved Setsuka moved in Istanbul ( Κωνσταντινούπολη in Greek ).... By the way Project Soul and Namco must include her in the next Soul Calibur ( Soul Calibur 6 probably )..... And I'm curious what happened to Zasalamel, Talim, Yun-Seong and Seong - Mina....
Not a single mention of Talim unfortunately. </3 </3 </3 FUDGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! *throws a cactus at someone*

I saw Zasalamel's name several time throughout the book though. Last thing I can remember was that he once wielded SE but its powers were too much and he wasted away like all the other wielders before being reincarnated. His mention mostly involves his tribe. There is a law that says NO ONE can wield SC more than once. That's because the tribe knew that despite SC's holy powa, it was made from SE and this can have fatal consequences if someone wielded the sword twice.
Also, Raphael massacred the entire tribe. The Guardians of the Spirit Sword that has existed for centuries is no more.

Yun boy and Mina and Hwang were recorded in history as having gone after SE 'The Sword of Salvation". They fought against Japan's invasion as they were summoned back and told to help train/foster the new generation to continue protecting and saving their homeland.

Not a single mention of Talim unfortunately. </3 </3 </3 FUDGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! *throws a cactus at someone*

I saw Zasalamel's name several time throughout the book though. Last thing I can remember was that he once wielded SE but its powers were too much and he wasted away like all the other wielders before being reincarnated. His mention mostly involves his tribe. There is a law that says NO ONE can wield SC more than once. That's because the tribe knew that despite SC's holy powa, it was made from SE and this can have fatal consequences if someone wielded the sword twice.
Also, Raphael massacred the entire tribe. The Guardians of the Spirit Sword that has existed for centuries is no more.

Yun boy and Mina and Hwang were recorded in history as having gone after SE 'The Sword of Salvation". They fought against Japan's invasion as they were summoned back and told to help train/foster the new generation to continue protecting and saving their homeland.
Did it say how Raph killed them? Did he have SE at the time? Or did he just stab everyone with his rapier to death? Unless it's the former it seems strange that Raph could singlehandedly massacre a whole entire tribe lol.

Did it say how Raph killed them? Did he have SE at the time? Or did he just stab everyone with his rapier to death? Unless it's the former it seems strange that Raph could singlehandedly massacre a whole entire tribe lol.
o(≧▽≦)o that is an excellent question Ninja.
♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/ i haven't finished reading the book since I'm juggling my studies as well, but it just said so far that he killed them all and not how.

It is more likely that he was Nightmare and he went to kill them with his army as a way to help eliminate SC since that tribe is on SC's side and always tries to stop SE throughout history's.

It's unlikely if it was just Raphael. I mean he's a superior swordsman but to kill an entire of powerful warriors is unlikely. And in his sciv profile he went there to get clues on obtaining SC. Why would he kill them all? He's also a resourceful man. It would be him to capture a few and make them into his minions instead like in SCIV.

(=`ω´=) imma try and finish the book and see if it gives anymore details about this.

(= ̄▽ ̄=)V

o(≧▽≦)o that is an excellent question Ninja.
♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/ i haven't finished reading the book since I'm juggling my studies as well, but it just said so far that he killed them all and not how.

It is more likely that he was Nightmare and he went to kill them with his army as a way to help eliminate SC since that tribe is on SC's side and always tries to stop SE throughout history's.

It's unlikely if it was just Raphael. I mean he's a superior swordsman but to kill an entire of powerful warriors is unlikely. And in his sciv profile he went there to get clues on obtaining SC. Why would he kill them all? He's also a resourceful man. It would be him to capture a few and make them into his minions instead like in SCIV.

(=`ω´=) imma try and finish the book and see if it gives anymore details about this.

(= ̄▽ ̄=)V
Did the book give any hints about Raphael being Nightmare? Just curious :)

Did the book give any hints about Raphael being Nightmare? Just curious :)
Let's just say it practically said he's 99.9999999% Nightmare in a roundabout way. ;D
What I'll say for now is that the host for Nightmare was too strong. SE wants a weaker host (cough Pyrrha). His host was so strong that SE had to replace some of his host's memories with its own and not only that, SE can't be its wielder's true weapon. (cough rapier). SE can only unleash its true potential when it changes its shape to suit its wielder (what it said in the book). This replacement of memories also allowed Dumas to look human, change to Nightmare and change back. Sort of like a limbo. Tira was right about this Nightmare being a fake since SE won't let him reach full power. (Probably cuz then he can't control him). He's not Nightmare and he's not truly the host either (cough-Raph-cough)

Raphael has a serious case of amnesia (from book).

;D

The way I took it when I read Nightmare's section was that SE just wanted a very easy to control host unlike Siegfried who started fighting against SE in SCII. Remember in SCI SE told Siegfried he'd revive his dad if he got souls, a similar promise that SE made to Pyrrha about not being alone and such.

But the fact that NM's stage is called denever (bat in hungarian) castle and there's a specific developer note saying that there are Bat styled details to his armor makes it pretty clear imo amongst the other evidence there is.

It's been forever since I've logged in on this site, but I just wanna thank darkwings and everyone else responsible for providing info from the artbook. <3 I intend to get it this week!

Is there some good info about Patroklos? Did you get everything about ZWEI?

The way I took it when I read Nightmare's section was that SE just wanted a very easy to control host unlike Siegfried who started fighting against SE in SCII. Remember in SCI SE told Siegfried he'd revive his dad if he got souls, a similar promise that SE made to Pyrrha about not being alone and such.

But the fact that NM's stage is called denever (bat in hungarian) castle and there's a specific developer note saying that there are Bat styled details to his armor makes it pretty clear imo amongst the other evidence there is.
Siggy did try to fight back for control in SCII but ultimately, he wouldn't have succeeded if Raphael hadn't stabbed the sword through the eye. It's interesting. One of SE's biggest trait was that it always changed its form depending on who wielded it. Another thing was that it always just corrupted and manipulated its wielders. Ex, tricking Siggy into believing it'll revive his father. This new Nightmare was built up with the old host's memories (Raph's political skills) and SE's own ancient memories. There is no manipulation or tricks and the man pushes his body beyond its capabilities and the sword is still a giant Zweihander. I smell something fishy I mean batty ;D

It looks like Raph's transformation to Nighty either went wrong, he's a terrible vessel or he's just way too strong for SE and got nerfed.

LOL i totally forgot about the develepor's note about the bat design on Nighty's armor. Thanks Schneider!! =D

It's been forever since I've logged in on this site, but I just wanna thank darkwings and everyone else responsible for providing info from the artbook. <3 I intend to get it this week!

Is there some good info about Patroklos? Did you get everything about ZWEI?
Very intersting stuff about Rothion on Patty Cake's page. Pat trained daily but he always helped his dad, Rothion, alot at the forge. Pat made the Stigma sword himself. When he was 15, he went away to a tourney and won.Coming back home, his dad is nearly dead from illness. But Rothion had used the last of his strength to make the Stigma sword even better and he also made the Arcadia shield, crafted from holy ore, for Pat.

It said, because Sophitia, Cassandra and Pyrrha was gone, everyone labeled Rothion as a coward and shunned him and gave him the cold shoulder. No one went to him for weapons anymore and he was reduced to making common tools to make money. Rothion still did his best and raised Pat with all his heart <3

;______________________; poor guy. Only had 4 yrs of happiness with Sophi. Those 4yrs of memories gave him the strength to keep living and care for Pat.

Pat trained under many masters, and took every teaching into his Holy Athenian style. He was able to recognize Pyrrha immediately cuz both shields have the elk antler motif and she looked alot like Sophitia.

As for Zwei.... :3

Raised and born in a monastery, he escaped one day and joined a group of outlaws. He perfected his sword technique to be flexible and chaotic, so that his opponent can't anticipate his moves. Apparently, he ran into Rothion and the guy made Zwei's sword. Zwei's hobby is to clean and take care of his weapon xD

Randomly ran into Viola at a a town where she was being persecuted. He defended her and they became traveling companions. Viola used her ability to see the future to avoid Dumas's men while Zwei took care of beasts and bandits. They don't talk much. (Kinda like that quiet but hot looking couple lolololol). After awhile they grew comfortable with each other and realize how their skills compliment each other. They always work as a pair when they join the Schwarzwind but Zwei is getting worried about Viola growing unstable from time to time. It must be those times of the month. Jk jk xD

Edit: Totally get the book Ecervele. It's sooooooo beautiful =^_^=

Raised and born in a monastery, he escaped one day and joined a group of outlaws. He perfected his sword technique to be flexible and chaotic, so that his opponent can't anticipate his moves.

That explains the hard reads with Z.W.E.I.

Zwei is getting worried about Viola growing unstable from time to time.
That explains why Viola got overbuffed.

Very intersting stuff about Rothion on Patty Cake's page. Pat trained daily but he always helped his dad, Rothion, alot at the forge. Pat made the Stigma sword himself. When he was 15, he went away to a tourney and won.Coming back home, his dad is nearly dead from illness. But Rothion had used the last of his strength to make the Stigma sword even better and he also made the Arcadia shield, crafted from holy ore, for Pat.

It said, because Sophitia, Cassandra and Pyrrha was gone, everyone labeled Rothion as a coward and shunned him and gave him the cold shoulder. No one went to him for weapons anymore and he was reduced to making common tools to make money. Rothion still did his best and raised Pat with all his heart <3

;______________________; poor guy. Only had 4 yrs of happiness with Sophi. Those 4yrs of memories gave him the strength to keep living and care for Pat.

Pat trained under many masters, and took every teaching into his Holy Athenian style. He was able to recognize Pyrrha immediately cuz both shields have the elk antler motif and she looked alot like Sophitia.

Raised and born in a monastery, he escaped one day and joined a group of outlaws. He perfected his sword technique to be flexible and chaotic, so that his opponent can't anticipate his moves. Apparently, he ran into Rothion and the guy made Zwei's sword. Zwei's hobby is to clean and take care of his weapon xD

Randomly ran into Viola at a a town where she was being persecuted. He defended her and they became traveling companions. Viola used her ability to see the future to avoid Dumas's men while Zwei took care of beasts and bandits. They don't talk much. (Kinda like that quiet but hot looking couple lolololol). After awhile they grew comfortable with each other and realize how their skills compliment each other. They always work as a pair when they join the Schwarzwind but Zwei is getting worried about Viola growing unstable from time to time. It must be those times of the month. Jk jk xD

Edit: Totally get the book Ecervele. It's sooooooo beautiful =^_^=

Can someone give Rothion a Father of the Year Award? He lost his wife, daughter, and sister-in-law, had to work lesser jobs to make ends meet, and still made Pat's weapon much better before he died. I salute you, Rothion! *Salutes Rothion*

Z.W.E.I. and Viola are made for each other. They got some great moves, and they would be dangerous to face if Project Soul ever make a Soul Calibur Tag Tournament game.

Can someone give Rothion a Father of the Year Award? He lost his wife, daughter, and sister-in-law, had to work lesser jobs to make ends meet, and still made Pat's weapon much better before he died. I salute you, Rothion! *Salutes Rothion*

Z.W.E.I. and Viola are made for each other. They got some great moves, and they would be dangerous to face if Project Soul ever make a Soul Calibur Tag Tournament game.
And the worst part is that people still ship Sophie and Siegfried. :(

Let's just say it practically said he's 99.9999999% Nightmare in a roundabout way. ;D
What I'll say for now is that the host for Nightmare was too strong. SE wants a weaker host (cough Pyrrha). His host was so strong that SE had to replace some of his host's memories with its own and not only that, SE can't be its wielder's true weapon. (cough rapier). SE can only unleash its true potential when it changes its shape to suit its wielder (what it said in the book). This replacement of memories also allowed Dumas to look human, change to Nightmare and change back. Sort of like a limbo. Tira was right about this Nightmare being a fake since SE won't let him reach full power. (Probably cuz then he can't control him). He's not Nightmare and he's not truly the host either (cough-Raph-cough)

Raphael has a serious case of amnesia (from book).

;D

Awesome :D Taking all this into consideration, maybe Raphael himself sometimes breaks free from Soul Edge, kinda like he's, I don't know, sleeping? Something like that?

Last edited:
Back