Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

As for Zwei.... :3

Raised and born in a monastery, he escaped one day and joined a group of outlaws. He perfected his sword technique to be flexible and chaotic, so that his opponent can't anticipate his moves. Apparently, he ran into Rothion and the guy made Zwei's sword. Zwei's hobby is to clean and take care of his weapon xD

Randomly ran into Viola at a a town where she was being persecuted. He defended her and they became traveling companions. Viola used her ability to see the future to avoid Dumas's men while Zwei took care of beasts and bandits. They don't talk much. (Kinda like that quiet but hot looking couple lolololol). After awhile they grew comfortable with each other and realize how their skills compliment each other. They always work as a pair when they join the Schwarzwind but Zwei is getting worried about Viola growing unstable from time to time. It must be those times of the month. Jk jk xD

What about all that stuff about ZWEI assisting Istvan Bocskai/Stephen Bosckay against the Holy Roman Empire, which ended as it did in real life, only for the fact that Mihaly Kathay, his poisoner in real life, is Malfested, thus pointing to Dumas/Nightmare/presumably Raphael being the perpetrator, working for Rudolf II and all. With this entire episode being why ZWEI has a grudge against Dumas/Nightmare/presumably Raphael.

♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/ on page 118, it showed a relationship chart. Zwei agreed to fight with Bocksai, who was a nobleman that opposed the malfested hunt. With Dumas and Bocksai fighting each other, alot of lives were lost before Matthias, the Holy Roman Emperor's brother, stepped in and quelled the conflict.

Zwei was accused of being a werewolf and almost lynched before he was saved by Ein. A werewolf in definition here, is someone who has been seteneced to an imperial ban for the practice of evil stuff, like magic lol. You lose everything if you're one and anyone can rob or kill you and the law will ignore that. Only the Holy Roman emperor could deem someone a werewolf but he gave Dumas the privilege as well. And so Dumas judged Zwei (Since he worked for Bocksai) a werewolf and almost killed him by lynching.

(= ̄▽ ̄=)Vthats why they hate each other.

(o゚▽゚)o if anyone has any more questions or stuff, I'm happy to answer.

I'm curious 2 know more about Pyrrha (I kinda know hers is really fucked up), Raphael, Hilde, and maybe Maxine if they haven't been covered already.

I'm curious 2 know more about Pyrrha (I kinda know hers is really fucked up), Raphael, Hilde, and maybe Maxine if they haven't been covered already.
Ummm... can you be more specific CFW? xD
Well I can try and put down the stuff I think hasn't been put down for the three yet, as well as the major points for you.

Pyrrha ran into her fiance, Jurgis, at a slave auction when Dampierre was selling her as one. He saved her, they fell in love and were gonna get married even though she's a maid and he was a noble. Tira killed Jurgis using the method 'Sky Buria' that was passed down in her assasination group. The eyes would be gouged out of their skulls and a unique message carved onto their body. In Jurgis's case, it said 'I love Pyrrha'.
(There's alot of gruesome tactics mentioned in Tira's section on becoming an assasin lol.)

When Tira gave Pyrrha her weapons in jail, it's implied she lost her mind and killed everyone. When she regained her mind, everything was in flames and ppl wanted to kill her so she had to defend herself.

The divine powers of her weapons was what made her wild flailing moves seem actually effective.

Nothing much about Raphy besides he has amnesia, is looking for Amy. Though he apparently massacred the entire Spirit Tribe (Zassy's tribe) in the 16th century.

As for Hilde, she gave up half of her nation's traditional set of weapon to preserve them for the future generation. She gave her old SCIV sword to her children, got a new one called Fructbare Erde (Fertile Soil). She's been teaching some of the Schwarzwind mercenaries her fighting style. She's also funding the Schwarzwind mercenaries so they all want to help her with her goal of restoring her homeland.

(>^O^) i hope this is what you need CFW. Anything else you're curious about the chars, let me know.

How is this different from being accused of malfestation?
Imperial bans are more official. You can almost mistake and accuse anyone of being malfested but you can't do that to werewolves. Only the Holy Roman emperor or Dumas can. With imperial bans, you're legally considered 'dead'. You lose all your wealth and status but you can supposedly 'reverse' the imperial bans. Being a werewolf is more like 'you've committed a really really terrible crime like practicing magic' so now you're a werewolf and the church and law don't care a fig about you if you're attacked or robbed (since you're a dead man in their eyes) which is different from being accused of being malfested, which is being distinctly discriminated and targeted.

Uhhh... short story.
Werewolf = lowest of the low of criminals who earned the wrath from high authority like Dumas and is considered a dead person, whom anyone can treat as dirt or hurt. Rare.
Malfested = a monster who is evil and is distinctly targeted. Can be assumed to be one with the silliest of evidence. Not rare.

(>=^^=) I hope I made some sense??? If not, please tell me to clarify!

Edit: WAIT. WHO'S MAXINE? LOL XD

Ummm... can you be more specific CFW? xD
Well I can try and put down the stuff I think hasn't been put down for the three yet, as well as the major points for you.

I don't even know what I'm looking for so anything would do.

Pyrrha ran into her fiance, Jurgis, at a slave auction when Dampierre was selling her as one. He saved her, they fell in love and were gonna get married even though she's a maid and he was a noble. Tira killed Jurgis using the method 'Sky Buria' that was passed down in her assasination group. The eyes would be gouged out of their skulls and a unique message carved onto their body. In Jurgis's case, it said 'I love Pyrrha'.
(There's alot of gruesome tactics mentioned in Tira's section on becoming an assasin lol.)

Hm, ok wow that's real messed up. I didn't know that was traditional, Tira nasty. I'd like to know more about that if that's ok.

When Tira gave Pyrrha her weapons in jail, it's implied she lost her mind and killed everyone. When she regained her mind, everything was in flames and ppl wanted to kill her so she had to defend herself.

I guess this was in the story mode in the game, I see. I think this means that she doesn't actually keep her malfested arm after the events of SCV, because I'm guessing she's already done it before? idk

The divine powers of her weapons was what made her wild flailing moves seem actually effective.

I kinda figured this part, since it's the weapon. Makes sense. That heaux can't fight.

Nothing much about Raphy besides he has amnesia, is looking for Amy. Though he apparently massacred the entire Spirit Tribe (Zassy's tribe) in the 16th century.

Never heard of him doing that before, do you know if he was aware that he did it?

As for Hilde, she gave up half of her nation's traditional set of weapon to preserve them for the future generation. She gave her old SCIV sword to her children, got a new one called Fructbare Erde (Fertile Soil). She's been teaching some of the Schwarzwind mercenaries her fighting style. She's also funding the Schwarzwind mercenaries so they all want to help her with her goal of restoring her homeland.

Clears up the weapon change. Was there anything else about her?

Edit: WAIT. WHO'S MAXINE? LOL XD

Maxi, I call him Maxine because he's sassy. But thank you, that clears things up for me a bit.

Hm, ok wow that's real messed up. I didn't know that was traditional, Tira nasty. I'd like to know more about that if that's ok.
Ok sure :D
In Tira's assassination group, they needed a way to let their clients know that they've done their job in killing whoever it was they were hired to kill. Sky Burial is performed as a way to show 'their signature'. It was so gruesome and terrible that everyone feared a visit from the Bird of Passage (the group's name). Tira most likely did that on Jurgis out of habit, lol.

I guess this was in the story mode in the game, I see. I think this means that she doesn't actually keep her malfested arm after the events of SCV, because I'm guessing she's already done it before? idk
Actually not sure. Only Nightmare seemed to have the ability to switch back and forth from a normal arm. After the events of SCV, where they showed her arm, I don't think it would go away. It didn't say if she transformed when she escaped the jail and killed ppl either, so we have no way of knowing if she did have it or not xD

Never heard of him doing that before, do you know if he was aware that he did it?
In SCIV, he did go looking for the tribe to obtain info about SC. I guess he did find them in the end but killed them lol. Now as to whether he killed them when he was Raph or Nighty ;) the book didn't say.

Clears up the weapon change. Was there anything else about her?
Not really, besides the fact that Salia, Siggy and Hilde are like a trio of friends. And her children, one is a girl and the other is a boy :3
And her Wolfkrone is swimming in a swampy miasma... :/

Oh so you were talking about Maxi xDDD
Some neat things about him. Leixia is infatuated with him haha.
He trained with Edgemaster for 8 years to control the Soul Edge shard in him and not lose control, before being sent on that quest with Xiba to save Kilik, his best friend. He was abit of an outlaw before he ran into Edgemaster but he never hurt innocents.
His sworn brother Kyam's neckalce is attached to his nuchukus, which makes him feel like he has his sworn brother by his side (>-^_^-)

He swore an oath that he would make the world a beautiful place to live in, for innocent children, that he saw was cheering at seagulls =3
Every three years, he returned to the place where his crew was killed, to the grave he made for them, and honor them in silence.

Has a habit of spending the group's travelling funds on silly things and gets lectured by Natsu and sees Xiba as a younger bro who's always hungry and sees Leixia as a child.

(>^O^) Here you go CFW!

Good news, guys. Finally got my copy of the art book, and I can't wait to look in it.

I'm also open to requests on characters as well.

^Hilde and Siegfried please.
Okay....

Besides the obvious of them being apart of the mercenary group, which Salia is second in command for.

Siegfried:
-Spent between the end of SCIV and the beginning of SCV reforming Schwarzwind and fighting the malfested.
-Knew beforehand that Soul Edge was being restored because Soul Calibur had taken a new form.
-Almost died of his wounds from the swords clashing together on SCIV, but the Soul Calibur shard in his body held him together until it could heal.
-Sent ZWEI out to find the rightful user of Soul Calibur (we've seen that already).
-Reunited with his mother 17 years ago, but she struggled with health problems and died 2 years later.
-Schwarzwind was originally a band of thieves, and even with the reform, Salia still has a weak spot for easy money. Just a side note.

Hilde:
-Her kingdom dispersed after a "poisonous miasma" robbed them of their future and Hilde had to search for a place to reside with the few members she had left as well as her children.
-Stayed with Siegfried for 10 years and helped fight against the malfested with his mercenary group.
-No mention of the father of her children.
-Her father and most of Wolfkrone Kingdom aren't the only malfested she knows. Johan Durer, an instructor of Hilde's, is also malfested and actually serves Graf Dumas. Something tells me we might be seeing more of this.
-Oh yeah, Wolfkrone had all of their treasure's stolen 17 years ago. Just take a guess at who did that. Lol

This is all I saw so far in the book involving the two.

Last edited:
This is really awesome.
Gives hope for SC6 to have the best story mode yet.
Plz Project soul take your tiiiiiiiiiiimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... really hurts to say that since i want a sc6 announcement NOW,but yea.

Thank you guys for all of this info! There's so much interesting stuff going in this book. Keep adding more please :)
To bad Raphael info is so poor lol

Though I've always been interested in Fuma clan, the most interesting part for me is Juju, who was also possessed by Arahabaki. Hence the sketch of her in the art book. If only they told more information on her because she was involved in a tragic love story. Taki was the one that had to kill her.

And what I don't like about the book is how they've mentioned only Europe and Asia based on the SCV stages. No mention of the Philippines (no Talim, besides the breast chart), no mention of Africa (though Zasalamel is mentioned because of his tribe being slaughtered and his role in SC3), no mentioned of North America (so that means no Rock and Bangoo mentioned either. Rock only has a drawing in the size chart).

Korea and its characters were only mentioned because they had a war with Japan, and was told to go back home and train younger warriors by Yi Sun-sin.

Another side note, Yi Sun-sin was actually a real naval commander in the Joseon Dynasty who fought in the wars against Japan. However, he died at the last battle by getting hit by a single gun shot.

EDIT: Another thing to mention because I also mentioned JuJu here, and they actually do have a story on her.

Juju was sent out by Chie to research on Izumo Shrine's malfested activity, but didn't return in a month. Her lover Shuki and the Fujibe clan (which Riki is a part of now) went out without permission to the Izumo Shrine. By the Taki found out about this and rushed to the scene, it was already too late. The shrine was ruined and everyone in the shrine, but possessed Juju, was massacred. Taki had no choice but to kill Juju..........with Rekki-Maru

Taki got hesitant using the Mekki-Maru because of the power, causing Arahabaki to not be completely destroyed and escaped Juju's corpse. This was the starting point of Taki losing her confidence.

Taki discovered Natsu as a baby when she went to a nearby village that was burned to the ground. Natsu was the only survivor. Taki grew hesitant of using Mekki-Maru once again, and decided to take the child to the Fuma village.

Last edited:
Back