JGing Tech Catches

Posting it here, because i think technically it's a ukemi JG.
If anyone has more information about it, please share.

Watch in HD!Kappa

I asked noodalls, but he can't get it. In fact, anyone who tried in pratice mode couldn't get it (afaik), but it happened in VS matches already. Maybe you can only do it in VS mode? Or Astaroths CH 6B combo has different properties if you record it? Remember Cervantes 4(B) (B) into iGDR in SC4? Or it's only possible from 2P side. Also the CPU ONLY does it if you would win the round with the combo, so maybe you can only do it with low life.

Noodalls PM:

DarkSlayer, could you put the youtube link pls? All embed videos are not showing up at all in my pc :(

So basically anything anything in this game is escapable? Hm, thats just great.
Nope, just everything that is ukemiable, FOR NOW. lol
This is not probably not a real "Stun JG" , since no one can recreate this in practice mode with prog. stick, wen can't study it in detail (frames,Input...).

It's not red :P
I forgott to edit:

this is actually NOT the red JG, but there IS a red JG in the game.
The situation for the red JG is the same as you see in the video, i think the red flash just apears randomly.

If you watch the early trailer of the game, you can see that some moves had a red flash, the red JG looks similar.

I never saw the actual red JG but it's confirmed by Asodimazze, JAGTHEGEMINI or daGotth.

EDIT: It is not comirfed by Jag or Dagotth, my bad, they just saw the CPU JG out of Stuns, but the JG wasn't red.

They've seen the red JG in the current game? I'm guessing it's like the one from SC4?
I edited my post.

Sorry, i don't want to give you wrong information, i don't know how it looks and the ones who know don't talk about it...

For now, i'd say it's just a rumor (no video=it didn't happen lol), but at least it took us to astas CH 6B JG.

FROM RUMORS, the red JG should look like this ( Watch 1:50) :

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tsXJYmLTDKU

Skyll sent me a message, answering about how he did the Red Just guard against me in freeplay.
That's what he wrote:

Hi! It's a normal tech JG but you have to do the JG earlier than usually. I tried a long time in training mode but I only did it a couple of times. For example, the first time I did it was with Aeon. 22B 66Bbe 1A from Natsu is guaranted but I JG it 2 or 3 times by teching left and pressing 2G quikly... I don't really know if there is a way to perform this JG in many combos but the timing is really hard. And last thing: it seems there is a strange visual effect on this JG, it looks like a revenge move sometimes. Or maybe it's a CH + JG effect lol, I don't know.
PS: Sorry for the delay of my answer.
PS2: And for my bad english lol.

Here is what Skyll wrote me about the Red Just guard:

Hi! It's a normal tech JG but you have to do the JG earlier than usually. I tried a long time in training mode but I only did it a couple of times. For example, the first time I did it was with Aeon. 22B 66Bbe 1A from Natsu is guaranted but I JG it 2 or 3 times by teching left and pressing 2G quikly... I don't really know if there is a way to perform this JG in many combos but the timing is really hard. And last thing: it seems there is a strange visual effect on this JG, it looks like a revenge move sometimes. Or maybe it's a CH + JG effect lol, I don't know.

Here is what Skyll wrote me about the Red Just guard:

The only weird one I've seen is the Asta one because the window is tight. I'd believe that the natsu one is possible just because you can actually see the tech frames unlike the Asta one. It's not like other JUGs aren't combos, like mitsu 33k 1a or Pyrrha 22a 66b be. You just have more time to tech and fit in a jg.

Hey guys, yesterday I tried to do Ukemi JG on Algol 1A, CE combo as shown in this video at 10.30 http://www.twitch.tv/harakiricrazy/c/2731541 for about 40 minutes using Astaroth but I never succeded.
Then today I tried again using Cervantes and I did it 4 times in 10 minutes.
Surprised, I went back to Astaroth and tried for another 30 minutes but I still failed everytime.

Is it possible that Astaroth can't do this Ukemi JG for some reasons, or was just me being really unlucky?

@DarkSlayer @HolyCarp @Kalas @Rufus @noodalls

Hmm that's interesting, I just tried this JUG with Astaroth and couldn't get it either, despite doing it several times with Omega. Characters have unique ukemis just like their unique steps, but I didn't realise it would affect their ability to JG out of ukemi.

Well, i really bad at this things, so dont take my opinion too serious. I manage to UJG it with Natsu 1 time in 10 minutes. And failed with Asta.

I think you better ask players from Japan about it, they really like this tech.

I've tried it with Hilde and after 10 minutes i did my very first ujg, then i've tried with Asta and it seems to be impossible... at least when Algol does his CE right after 1a

But i did one with a little delay of Algols CE ( i'd say it were 10 - 15 frames )

Maybe its because Astas hitbox is so huge and maybe Algols CE hits too fast?

Edit: So thats all what i could do... faster seems to be impossible...

I'm sure i've tried it even with an half-frame G-Slide input with different timings, so i give up lol :D

Last edited:
The vulnerability window while teching lasts 6 frames. The JG window is 7 or 8 frames I forget which. You can't input the JG during the hitstun, so the timing varies from 1-6 frames, always harder than a normal JG. However, your timing can be the same for all tech ukemi JGs as long as you have perfect timing between the two G taps for the ukemi and the JG. Gotta know ukemi timings though.

Back