JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

Haven't updated in a while:

Lisa Lisa, Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice, DIO, Giorno, Mista, Fugo, Narancia confirmed playable.
New part 5 train station stage with Pesci and Prosciutto as stage hazards.

Story mode overseen my Araki himself, a unique story mode where so far it's shown that dead allies (Avdol,Iggy) came back to haunt Jotaro.

You can see screens of part 5 characters here: PS4™「体験版2nd」好評配信中! 『ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 アイズオブヘブン』で実現する夢のタッグバトル! | PlayStation®.Blog (https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/1456/20150903_jojoeoh.html)

New scans show that all the Part 4 characters from ASB are in (plus, as a reminder, they added Yukako).

Those that buy the first print run will get Part 4 Jotaro added as well. (Can't play as him in story, or choose a team of two Jotaros).

Finally they announced a new stage show for Tokyo Games Show:

September 20th, during TGS.

15:30 to 16:20 (Japan Time)– The Gates to Heaven Have Opened! JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven Extreme Stage – Featuring Yoji Ueda, CyberConnect2’s Hiroshi Matsuyama, and Bandai Namco producer Noriaki Niino.

EDIT: Oh! The game's Japan release date was revealed: December 17th of this year. That's kind of close...

Last edited:
Big TGS trailer:

Looks like they're keeping their promise of no micro-transactions. Customization stuff is bought in the in game store now, instead of randomly earned in campaign mode like in ASB.

Translation of shop menu:

Special Costume
Add color
Dual combo-victory pose
Add dialogue
Add onomatopoeia

Weather Report looks sick, using rainbows to turn people into snails.
You can ride around on motorcycles in the Moiroh stage.
Lots of unique DHAs.
There's tons more in the trailer so watch it and tell me what you think.

Original story mode looks like it has a lot of cinematics, which is a big improvement over ASB. Pucci seems to be the main villain of it.
Looks like Sony has enough faith in the game to do a special PS4 bundle with the game at their Sony store in Japan.

Story mode trailer:

Gyro, Johnny, Valentine, and THE WORLD Diego are playable characters.

On top of that, story mode will introduce a new, original character designed by Araki himself. His name is World Over Heaven Dio (Dio if he achieved heaven)? He dresses in white with gold trimming, has long SS3 hair, and has purple skin.

The means there are a total of 5 Dios in this game. Part 1 Dio, DIO, Dino Dio, The World Deigo, and now World Over Heaven Dio.

Yeah I'm liking how story mode looks more and more. Hopefully it's a decent length.

Maybe we might get one of the rock men, or Born this Way?

Anyway, here's a gameplay vid of a Jolyne/Hermes vs Pucci/Part 4 Jotaro match inside the prison.

Seems pretty cool. You can collect money and then head to Guess' cell and pay her to shrink your opponent. The shrunken player is more vulnerable, but they can run inside sewer grades and teleport to other parts of the stage.

EDIT: Starts at the 10 minute mark.

New scan is out: Bruno, Diavolo, Trish, and Doppio are confirmed to be playable. It's still unknown if Doppio will be apart of Diavolo's win quotes, or part of his moveset, or a zelda/sheik styled transform, or his own character.

New story mode trailer:

The Eyes of Heaven "Tournament" supposedly starts today. Don't know if they'll have celebrities or the CPU play. Either way, level of skill will probably be quite low. At least we'll see more characters in action.

The game is official out now! You can import it, get off PSN, or just wait to see if they announce an NA version (like me).

There's people streaming it on twitch. Just be careful because many are playing through story mode. So watch out for spoilers!

It's just been announced the JoJo: EOH is coming to North America, released in the Summer of 2016.

They said it will be the PS4 version only. Let's see if they change the game at all between now and release.

The game comes out June 28th in NA and EU.

EU I think is getting a physical copy through Amazon, while it looks like US is digital only.

They released an NA demo. It lets you play through the first chapter of story mode. You can also play free battle 1P only with Jotaro, Kakyoin, Josuke 4, and Okuyasu. Only the Moiroh stage. It's not as good as the 2D JP demo was, mainly because that one had online.

For those thinking of getting it, here's a run-down on what the JP version was like:
-No local co-op or versus multiplayer. You had to go online to fight other humans.
- Story mode is about 8-12 hours (from what I've seen) if you watch all the cutscenes and did all the extra missions.
-The skill tree keeps your character's moves locked behind levels, Sonic of the Secret Rings style. Leveling up friendship does nothing.
-No chapter select, so either you're done story mode, or you erase your progress and start over.
-There are some mini-games in story mode, but they're not super fleshed out. Find Harvest bits, Dynasty Warriors beat-em-up missions, D'Arby poker.
-You cannot unlock/play as any villains in Story Mode
-Netcode, according to people was crappy, but we'll have to see what it's like here.
-No micro-transactions or campaign mode. You can buy costumes and the like in the shop with in-game gold or S ranking some super tough missions.
-No arcade mode, no training mode (even though they had an arcade mode in the 2nd JP demo).
-All characters unlocked from the start in modes other than Story.

The US and EU versions will at least come pre-packed with all the patches they released, Part 4 Jotaro, and the costume unlock missions.
As for the other things listed above, we'll have to wait and see if they address any of it.

I highly recommend waiting for reviews/impressions for the US version if you're on the fence. Best not to get your hopes up. Hopefully if it's digital only, it gets a reduced price.

Game is out now.

The NA version is completely unchanged from the JP version, so treat the above post as a mini-review.

The store lists the game as 1-2 players,2-4 players network play. This is a mistake on the store, so don't buy it thinking there's local multi-player.

So far the online works okay for 1 v 1 players with CPU partners, but 2 v 2 humans is Stunt Race FX levels of choppy.

I'll probably wait for a sale before getting it. The gameplay is interesting, but the way to enjoy it with people is pretty limited.

Well, someone posted a screen shot of Stroheim's character select portrait and the NA version removed his jacket? I'll ask around to confirm.

Here's what Vishkujo at the JoJo Community said:

"They removed Stroheim's default outfit and only kept the one alt costume that he had from the Japanese version.

So he has no hat or jacket, and there's no extra costume for him in the shop. :/"

Well, just like in ASB those who import the JP version can't play against US players. Especially since the NA version is PS4 only.

The PS3 version got the short end of the stick. Both in terms of graphics and stability. Some framerate problems may occur on some stages like when Joestar Mansion sets on fire. (This may be just online, i forget exactly).

Not to mention that PS3 PSN runs worse than PS4's. For NA, 1v1 matches seem to run okay, but 2v2 are in desperate need of a netcode patch. This is only going to be worse when playing on JP servers. Also, I don't think too many players are left on the JP side.

Oh! They also censored the Joestar Mansion Dramatic Finish for NA. Instead of showing the spear going up someone's butt, it just whites out as they fall on it. Lame.

Back