Just Attacks

Alright thanks b4k4, here is a playlist for the sound just frame timings:
http://soundcloud.com/mynameis_e/sets/alpha-patroklos-just-frame-1

If the notations are wrong (which I hope not but I'm new to SC) then do say. I personally find listening to other arcade sticks easier to learn the JF timings as relying on eye isn't always good in case of laggy screens, etc (if you go to tournaments).

Feel free to download them, just don't sell them.

Thanks for this. I can now get the JFs off reliably. Just need to work on 2143 now.

It auto GI's mid attacks. It cannot parry S. Mids, I did however parry Misturugi's 4 K part of his 4 K B string. It starts up in 5 frames and ends on the 11th frame. Great to use if you block the first hit of a B string and just parry the next hit. Progressively gets strong the more you use it to a maximum of 8 times where it plateaus.
Thanks.
It seems less effective than the A+B setsuka had somehow [I was more successful landing that GI than the standard GI].

2143 I'm starting to get faster at.
It's the 236 [insert 4,1,2,3, or stay on 6] that I need to polish.

JF Twisters all around. I'm nailing them 95% now, too. Sliding on these stick buttons is brutal, though. I need to either wear a glove, or file down the edges of the button mounting.

...or, y'know, man up and embrace my sweet JF Twister callouses.

That was the last one! I'm now an Alpha JF machine (in training ;P).

Rawr.

How hard do you slide? When I do my JF twisters I barely exert any effort. Not anything that feels harder than just pressing the buttons as I normally do on stick.

These JFs are making me want to quit Alpha T_T
Yeah...
But imagine how amazing it is when you can play a difficult character. That sense of accomplishment.
Cervy's fastest input 214B is starting to bug the hell out of me these days as well as APat's just frames... I'll learn them one of these days.

These JFs are making me want to quit Alpha T_T

Don't. Keep at it.

I personally think I still suck at this game and I was able to get it. If you keep trying to learn it, you eventually will. I thought I'd never get the JF Twister down until one day, I did.

How hard do you slide? When I do my JF twisters I barely exert any effort. Not anything that feels harder than just pressing the buttons as I normally do on stick.
In a word: hard. I'm playing on a TE, and I find that the buttons aren't responsive if I don't apply enough pressure while I go over them. I really have to press as I whip my hand across, otherwise I can see from the input display that the button presses aren't always registering.

I have found something Last night about just frame twister.if you input the twister right as he recovers from a move, no later how slow yyour a~b input is, it will be a just frame

well yea its buffering, seems alot easier than going as fast as you possibly can
Buffering is easier.
Like Cervy's FI 214, or the sword and shield FI 236B. Or Nightmares :bA: from :3::(B):.
Any attack that's a Fastest input can be buffered if you input it during the animation of a different attack.
Speaking of such, are there any attacks that combo into agB for SetsuMAN?

Didn't I tell like a million people you could buffer twilight haze and, dawn haze during the recovery of any move lol

Does this mean in theory that if you get one JF twister, you can buffer the second during the first's animation, thus making the timing of the second JF twister easier?
Yes sir! and, JF Sakura Twister has alot of recovery frames so buffering afterwards so shouldn't be a problem.

I think JF Sakura Twister is possibly one of the best punishers in the game if not then it is the best. It's i12 You have to input the entire Notation. But with the damage plus being able to do a second Jf Sakura Twister. It's totally worth the damage. 71-75pts of damage to be exact! plus with the possibility of clean hit.

At what point do you guys start buffering the 2143 motion after 8A+B B for example? Early and slow or late and fast?

the funny part is you cant buffer too early or you just get a 3A or 3B move. After 8 A+B B I start buffering when he lands, so its not that much of a slow buffer. and yes you can buffer during a JF twister for a second to come out, was practicing CH 33B, JF twister, JF twister and with the buffering is was coming out very easily but still working on it since I`m trying to find the sweet spot of when to buffer so I can get it each time.

As for the 1B JF, I highly recommend going with a muscle memory or finding a rhythm to it because if you try to do it by visual (especially after hitting 1B:B and going for another) it can mess you up since the enemy is falling during first JF. If you find a rhythm to it you can bust it out without looking and the hard 1B combo becomes a whole lot easier.

the 2143 B:B JF I just rely on muscle memory.

for agB, JF agB, 2A~BE 8 A+B B, JF twister/Twister

I use the same method for JF agB as I do for JF twister.....buffering. Surprisingly this one becomes easier although you still have to be fast as hell with it. For pad players, I bind L1 to A and as soon as I let go of A, I use my index and middle finger to do gB. I`ve gotten it to come out without buffering a few times but it does wonders when buffering.

1A:A:A, this one is very easy, you just have to know that this isnt a very fast JF, you have to be patient, once you hit the first JF, dont rush into the next hit. practice is the only thing I could add here.

heh, when I play Nightmare I set L1 as A for the agA I press Square, X, LI.
For aPat I set L1 as B and press Square, X, L1.
Sadly I can't seem to get a control scheme that works for both characters, since I like to have B+G, A+B, and BE mapped out as well on my shoulders.

Online play should let you switch between control schemes while you're not in a match.
All ranting aside, the shoulder buttons help a lot for fastest input commands. Especially if the command has the same button twice [like aga].

ag:B seems to be alot easier to do on stick than pad (IMO). I was able to set up my stick so that I can easily slide the ag input and, quickly tap B right afterwards. I now get the just frame input atleast 90% of the time and, with a little practice comes perfection. The move leads to big damage so I encourage everyone to learn and, use this move. (Well I use it as a whiff punisher and, can be used after 11_77B/2361B and, a variety of different wall splats

I just started playing SCV (first 3d fighter), been reading the guide for about a week and today i decided to start practicing for the first time even though I crushed my fingers in a door earlier (lol)

with plinks, i've been doing JFs with moderate success, but im having trouble with sakura twister. its not the actual timing, whenever i get the move out its a JF but i keep getting WRa instead of the twister, my inputs come out correctly in the display though. i dont know whats wrong but im assuming im doing the motion too slowly or hitting a too fast before b. or maybe its just my poor fingers... haha

sorry if this is in the wrong thread, newbie over here..

Back