KaiBro's CaS

KaiBro

[10] Knight
So here's my probably god awful CaS, just kidding (somewhat). Constructive criticism is welcomed, anything negative will result in me not caring. Still putting in pics, wait a bit.

Ky Thoai-A recreation of me.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_40.png
Hanh-A recreation of my gf.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_39.png
Selenie
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_37.png
Shiba
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_31.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.png
Jaku
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_30.png
Sherry
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29.png
Kanda
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png
Kayle
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png

I couldn't decide whether to make the top half of the dress black or white :/
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png
Kotama
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_26.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.png
Umaril
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    597.1 KB · Views: 329
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    590 KB · Views: 716
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    570.6 KB · Views: 946
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    566.8 KB · Views: 346
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 509
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 366
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    576.1 KB · Views: 367
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 352
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png
    554.3 KB · Views: 883
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png
    555.2 KB · Views: 400
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    597.1 KB · Views: 808
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_38.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_38.png
    564.7 KB · Views: 476
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_36.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_36.png
    572.5 KB · Views: 497
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_35.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_35.png
    570.7 KB · Views: 261
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 315
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png
    561.9 KB · Views: 307
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_27.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_27.png
    621.7 KB · Views: 296
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png
    559.9 KB · Views: 322
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 460
Seems all pretty random to me, you inspired of something or making them all by your own without even make a concept?
For your Umaril I'll suggest to take a look in my gallery (link in my sign), since I used some stickers to make some thigh-like extension for the white knight greaves that may interest you.
I suggest you (but it's just my method of creating ^ ^) to improve one or two originals at time before making others, the best start from your roster are Umaril and the first 3 attached files; seems pretty good bases to me.

1 - Too much black
2 - Too plain looking
3 - The saturation should be reduced a little on most chars
4 - The designs don't really seem creative except for Jaku
5 - Some of the designs look random...like on Kotama...why the helmet?
6 - You did not use the special equipments in any creative ways....only on 1 char, the women with roses on her shoe's.
7 - None of em really look like fighters except for Toshi, Jaku and the 1st/3rd char in you attached files.
8 - Most of em look to modern, but that's a personal pet peeve so you can ignore this point if you want.

Seems all pretty random to me, you inspired of something or making them all by your own without even make a concept?
For your Umaril I'll suggest to take a look in my gallery (link in my sign), since I used some stickers to make some thigh-like extension for the white knight greaves that may interest you.
I suggest you (but it's just my method of creating ^ ^) to improve one or two originals at time before making others, the best start from your roster are Umaril and the first 3 attached files; seems pretty good bases to me.
For some reason I'm not able to see your gallery through the link, but I'll look through it. Many of them were made without having any inspiration. But I'll check your gallery in a bit. By the way do you mean your Belias CaS? Ah nevermind it's going to be a bit difficult since the western pants split into parts (the black and beige-ish) and will probably clash with the stickered thigh-highs.
You should try to add some variety, all have the same style and colors
By style you mean their clothing or do you mean something else?
1 - Too much black
2 - Too plain looking
3 - The saturation should be reduced a little on most chars
4 - The designs don't really seem creative except for Jaku
5 - Some of the designs look random...like on Kotama...why the helmet?
6 - You did not use the special equipments in any creative ways....only on 1 char, the women with roses on her shoe's.
7 - None of em really look like fighters except for Toshi, Jaku and the 1st/3rd char in you attached files.
8 - Most of em look to modern, but that's a personal pet peeve so you can ignore this point if you want.
Sorry, black is my favorite color so that's why more than many have black on. What do you mean by saturation? Special equipment don't really spark any interest in me and also some are so annoying to adjust. For some I actually did try to make them modern. For Kotama, I actually wanted something that could cover his face except for where the eyes are supposed to be at, I guess that's where the helmet came in and I also did it for the sake of the helmet.

Green is my favorite color, i use it on most of my characters but almost never as a main color. Try and use black as an color to compliment the main colors, wich is easier with black as it fits with almost any color.

Saturation is the intensity of the color, wich you can change with L1(reduce saturation) or R1(increase saturation) when choosing a color on a piece of equipment. Your characters colors are very intense and flashy, so reducing the saturation on those would make it look better imo.

The Special equipments are actually really nice to use, they allow you to make some interesting and unique characters.

Ok...i don't like modern characters...

Well if you wanted to use the helmet than you should've made a design around the helmet, not the other way around.

And i have no clue about the attached files, i never use those.

The general feeling/look, they seem a group of gothic friends going to a concert. Everyone looks young, pretty, and gothic. It's like a Nomura FF cast, but switching J-pop for Gothic XD
For some reason I see that too lol
Green is my favorite color, i use it on most of my characters but almost never as a main color. Try and use black as an color to compliment the main colors, wich is easier with black as it fits with almost any color.

Saturation is the intensity of the color, wich you can change with L1(reduce saturation) or R1(increase saturation) when choosing a color on a piece of equipment. Your characters colors are very intense and flashy, so reducing the saturation on those would make it look better imo.

The Special equipments are actually really nice to use, they allow you to make some interesting and unique characters.

Ok...i don't like modern characters...

Well if you wanted to use the helmet than you should've made a design around the helmet, not the other way around.

And i have no clue about the attached files, i never use those.
I see, can you give me hint as to which one would need some saturation improvement? If I can get the concept of saturation on one char, I could probably do it to the rest.

Btw, here is set two (pretty much the CaS that I wasn't able upload yesterday). Criticism is still welcome and I'm currently working on the CaS from before so there might be updated pics but probably some won't change unless anyone wants to throw their two cents in. Probably ya'll have noticed that I'm not very creative, sorry DX

Lilia
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png
Ellis
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png
Vairo
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png
Relia
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_23.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png
Val
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png
Melanie
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
Chika
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_26.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
Yuki
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_27.png
Xelos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
Summer
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
Anri
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_34.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
Tsukimiya
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_37.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_18.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_44.png
Rena
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_38.png
Elaine
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_35.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_41.png
Kosen
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
Millia
Attempt at Greek-ish look
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
Cain
Forgive me for the colors Sir Pocky-Yoshi
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.png
Kai
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

Attempt at hidden blades here or wrist-blades whatever lol
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_43.png
Victoria
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png
Lyrica
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png
    567.5 KB · Views: 495
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.png
    567.9 KB · Views: 787
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29.png
    600.5 KB · Views: 548
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_30.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_30.png
    580.4 KB · Views: 576
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_31.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_31.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 566
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 557
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_36.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_36.png
    573.3 KB · Views: 729
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    588.1 KB · Views: 468
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 487
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png
    562 KB · Views: 285
Others

Noire from Hyperdimension Neptunia
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
Vert from Hyperdimension Neptunia
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
Cinia from Sword Girls
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_35.png
Natsu 3p
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.png
Natsu 4p
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_34.png
Nightmare
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_27.png

Probably ya'll have noticed that I'm not very creative, sorry DX

Not really, I don't think you are not creative, characters don't look so bad, it's just you just seem to create a character, not X character.

I mean you create a girl and give her cute clothes, then create a warrior and you give him an armor. Result is...a generic girl and a generic warrior.

Try to think first in which character you want to make. The character itself, not how it looks. For example, "I'm going to do a thief, I'm going to do an undead or I'm going to do a blind samurai.

Then, try to make a character that fits that image.

If you use stickers and special to do it, it will be easy

Not really, I don't think you are not creative, characters don't look so bad, it's just you just seem to create a character, not X character.

I mean you create a girl and give her cute clothes, then create a warrior and you give him an armor. Result is...a generic girl and a generic warrior.

Try to think first in which character you want to make. The character itself, not how it looks. For example, "I'm going to do a thief, I'm going to do an undead or I'm going to do a blind samurai.

Then, try to make a character that fits that image.

If you use stickers and special to do it, it will be easy
That's the thing though I rarely thought about what kind of character the person should be. Probably the only character I give much thought on was Umaril. Stickers are a bit annoying for me (mostly placing them). I'm getting into using special equips now but still don't like how they float.

i liked your Lilia really much she looks cool and the colors are really giving her a decent look ^^.
Yuki also looks good (i especially like the outcome with her hat.Just kawaiii *-*).
Elaine looks awesome*-*. She got a little much pink but i still like her^^.
Now, i know where i saw the last xD
Hyperdimension Neptuna *-*
Keep it up i liked what i saw ^^ ( must agree the first update was a bit too black x.x)

i liked your Lilia really much she looks cool and the colors are really giving her a decent look ^^.
Yuki also looks good (i especially like the outcome with her hat.Just kawaiii *-*).
Elaine looks awesome*-*. She got a little much pink but i still like her^^.
Now, i know where i saw the last xD
Hyperdimension Neptuna *-*
Keep it up i liked what i saw ^^ ( must agree the first update was a bit too black x.x)
Haha thank you and I agree Elaine was a tad too pink ^_^ Hmmm I wonder if I'm the only one who prefers black in every clothing.

The black parts on Selenie could use some desaturation, the armor on Kanda as well, the purple on Kayle and the white on Melanie's skirt for example.

The black parts on Selenie could use some desaturation, the armor on Kanda as well, the purple on Kayle and the white on Melanie's skirt for example.
How much desaturation would you say on Sele? Most of her clothing that's in black is already 9,0,31, but I don't really notice any difference when I set it to 0,0,31.

Yea in the case of desaturating black colors, you need to go up to the white bar lol 9,0,28/27 would be a good number.
Oh yea and if you want to make something really black than try 0,43,31, that's pretty much the darkest kind of black i could make.

Yea in the case of desaturating black colors, you need to go up to the white bar lol 9,0,28/27 would be a good number.
Oh yea and if you want to make something really black than try 0,43,31, that's pretty much the darkest kind of black i could make.
I've tried 0,63,31 most of the time for black but ok I'm gonna try the 9,0,28 right now. Would you want me to post it? Oh and I also notice so clothes with black coloring has green mixed in. That leaves a bad taste since the green makes the black look horrible.

Back