Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

I rewatched them all yesterday to brush up because I was massively out of practice. Without even training I went from losing every fight to winning half. Not bad.

By the way, I love the fact you used to be a Talim fan! Talim FOREVER!

I rewatched them all yesterday to brush up because I was massively out of practice. Without even training I went from losing every fight to winning half. Not bad.
By the way, I love the fact you used to be a Talim fan! Talim FOREVER!

That was how I was when I first started. Just keep practicing and you'll dominate!

Yup, winning 75% of my matches today. I realized how key her fast game is. Also I am using a move string that seems to work super well.... Surprised people let me get it in online, they don't ever block the low! Just AA A+B+K with the quake, 3b, 3b+k, Then I try for another 3b, if it is blocked I do a 1KK, if it hits of course another 3b + 3b+k. Does wonders for dropping the enemies bar.

If they block the AA A+B+K's quake then I go for a grab. Also using proper range and speed and of course pushing them to let me set this up is key. I even got to toy with someone and lost a match intentionally so I could finish them with a CE on the final match. Tonight was so much fun! I also learned the value of rising B, Oh how I love you rising B!

The only problem I am having is how to begin the match, like how to "close the gap" as it were. I find a sidestepping A and letting people walk into my strike works okay, but how do you all start your fights usually?

Yup, winning 75% of my matches today. I realized how key her fast game is. Also I am using a move string that seems to work super well.... Surprised people let me get it in online, they don't ever block the low! Just AA A+B+K with the quake, 3b, 3b+k, Then I try for another 3b, if it is blocked I do a 1KK, if it hits of course another 3b + 3b+k. Does wonders for dropping the enemies bar.
Sorry, your opponents are garbage and you should stop relying on those "mix-ups".

Against AA A+B+K, you can just jump for the final hit. If Leixia goes for A+B+K alone, they'll each a small amount of damage. If she goes for the quake, they'll jump the quake. Neither option gives Leixia a combo off a jump.

3B is -17 on block. Literally every single character in the game can punish it in some way or another. 1KK is i39 and doesn't tech crouch, which means your opponents have to be idiots. They have 56 frames to punish you, that's almost a full second, but they don't. Seriously, your opponents are garbage and you must be in the F-D range on the rank scale. I suggest you stop relying on those "mix-ups" because once you reach C (or rather, once you start fighting C-ranked people) and above, it's gonna get you killed.

If they block the AA A+B+K's quake then I go for a grab.
Well, yeah, that's an actual mix-up.

Also using proper range and speed and of course pushing them to let me set this up is key. I even got to toy with someone and lost a match intentionally so I could finish them with a CE on the final match. Tonight was so much fun! I also learned the value of rising B, Oh how I love you rising B!
While rising B is garbage. Huge risk for very little reward.

The only problem I am having is how to begin the match, like how to "close the gap" as it were. I find a sidestepping A and letting people walk into my strike works okay, but how do you all start your fights usually?
Depends on the character. Against long-reaching ones, backstep. Against all others, generally try to close the gap with a run in and a quick poke.

3B is -17 on block. Literally every single character in the game can punish it in some way or another. 1KK is i39 and doesn't tech crouch, which means your opponents have to be idiots. They have 56 frames to punish you, that's almost a full second, but they don't. Seriously, your opponents are garbage and you must be in the F-D range on the rank scale. I suggest you stop relying on those "mix-ups" because once you reach C (or rather, once you start fighting C-ranked people) and above, it's gonna get you killed.

Wrong, 3B is -13, and the difference between -13 and -17 in this game is enormous. Some characters can only punish with K.
And wrong, there are still a lot "stupid people" at C rank at higher.
And wrong, the problem about 1K is not speed or lack of TC, the problem is that there is no real use to this move... just another of her "safe-but-meh"-moves. And it's lost its mix-up potential with the K-follow-up like in the other games.

This complain stuff gets out of hand... Leixia is bad, I'm the first person to call that, but now people start complaining about the few really good moves she has.

Wrong, 3B is -13, and the difference between -13 and -17 in this game is enormous. Some characters can only punish with K.
Oh yeah, sorry. I was misremebering impact frames with -frames. It's -13, which means 3B into 1KK is basically -52.

And wrong, there are still a lot "stupid people" at C rank at higher.
Stupid enough to stand still for close to a second and then randomly mass out an attack?

And wrong, the problem about 1K is not speed or lack of TC, the problem is that there is no real use to this move...
Of course the problem with that move is that it's neither fast or a TC-move which means that more often than not, you're gonna get poked out of it. On CH no less.

This complain stuff gets out of hand... Leixia is bad, I'm the first person to call that, but now people start complaining about the few really good moves she has.
Sorry, what? I didn't "complain" about her 3B or 1KK. I said that 3B into 1KK is a stupid "mix-up" because only idiots will fall for it. Nowhere did I call either move bad. But the string 3B 1KK on block is, indeed idiotic.

WR B is still garbage, though. So little reward for such a huge risk.

@Jakajantiamu - I don't think I ever mentioned 1K or 1KK in any of my vids... good to hear you're doing better, but a lot of what you're saying wasn't in there.

So I watched a few episodes again and I have a very important question that will probably become obvious with some more training.

For landing a critical edge, how can I tell for sure when my attack is a counter hit? I can absolutely tell with the 6ba move, that is beautiful with the throw animation. I almost feel like that is her best "I just owned you" counter attack move. I'm going to practice that one! It looks faster than 66bb. Of course it isn't a backstep killer like 66bb.

I can often get the FC3bb off against a friend of mine, so the critical edge off that will help me a ton. Till he gets used to it and it will never work again.

For landing a critical edge, how can I tell for sure when my attack is a counter hit? I can absolutely tell with the 6ba move, that is beautiful with the throw animation.

I can often get the FC3bb off against a friend of mine, so the critical edge off that will help me a ton. Till he gets used to it and it will never work again.

WS A CH is easy to recognize because the character is bent over in a stun for a while. 66BB is for range and backdash killing. 66BB only combos on CH anyway. So if the 2nd hit of 66BB lands, CE is free.

My advice would be to start inputting the 236236 motion as you do the move. That way you can unleash the CE immediately when you see them get hit.

FC 3BB works best after a knockdown. Just don't spam it and it will be really hard for them to react to like that.

In my own case, I use CE when you have a guarantee that it will hit (e.g in combos). But to answer your question, the opponent must use an attack that will whiff then at the same time you use CE. This cases can do well specially when you're in advantage or turtling. But don't rely that it will always connect.

Yeah, thanks. I was able to pull off 66bb CE many times tonight. I also found, like you said to go ahead and start rolling the 236,236 command after a hit, it would only execute after I press A+B+K anyway so I can choose whether or not I use it or not at that stage.

I was able to get the counter hit throw in a lot, 6b A, seems like it can only work after a quake though, I had little luck chaining a CE on the end of it, this likely will take practice.

Once I got a CE after FC3bb tonight, but the timing is also harder than her other CE, at least from what I have seen.

All of the info about frame advantages were super handy today. I made a lot of use of 6kk and 66k, as well as 2a tonight, All very good stuff. I used to consider 6B+K to not be a good move, not any more, the frame advantage is significant. Seems those are her strong points to push. 6kk seemed really good against Xiba.

Yeah, thanks. I was able to pull off 66bb CE many times tonight. I also found, like you said to go ahead and start rolling the 236,236 command after a hit, it would only execute after I press A+B+K anyway so I can choose whether or not I use it or not at that stage.

I was able to get the counter hit throw in a lot, 6b A, seems like it can only work after a quake though, I had little luck chaining a CE on the end of it, this likely will take practice.

Once I got a CE after FC3bb tonight, but the timing is also harder than her other CE, at least from what I have seen.

All of the info about frame advantages were super handy today. I made a lot of use of 6kk and 66k, as well as 2a tonight, All very good stuff. I used to consider 6B+K to not be a good move, not any more, the frame advantage is significant. Seems those are her strong points to push. 6kk seemed really good against Xiba.

Her safety and frame advantage is her redeeming factor. That stuff is extremely important when playing as her.

UPDATED OP: Newly released 5th and 6th episodes are now up.

Christmas has come early.

509b002e-975e-4173-bb59-9a43ae1cd52a.gif

So glad you got these up before my tourney this weekend. Good shit as always.

Back