Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

The part about aerial guard impact was epic. I will need to practice this, I never knew such a system existed.

You also answered so much about guard crushing, and I am going to have to start to practice using 1bk more, as well as using 1b and A+B and rising B at mid range instead of up close.

Your info about 4b and simply B to test your target and catch them off guard is good too. Seems like every character in this game gets less safe the longer you extend your combos, always good to keep that in mind when punishing them as well as executing moves yourself.

Loved your demonstrations of 2k, rising K as well, so many good things here. I will have to re-watch them a few times. Your videos deserve like a million views. I hope they get there!

Might try more Single B strikes. They look really promising.

I also didn't know 1B+K guaranteed 44(A) on guard burst. Will have a lot of fun with that.

Keep up the good work Zero.

I wish I had some recording gear because I would do something similar to this for Maxi. I need to quit procrastinating.

The part about aerial guard impact was epic. I will need to practice this, I never knew such a system existed.

You also answered so much about guard crushing, and I am going to have to start to practice using 1bk more, as well as using 1b and A+B and rising B at mid range instead of up close.

Your info about 4b and simply B to test your target and catch them off guard is good too. Seems like every character in this game gets less safe the longer you extend your combos, always good to keep that in mind when punishing them as well as executing moves yourself.

Loved your demonstrations of 2k, rising K as well, so many good things here. I will have to re-watch them a few times. Your videos deserve like a million views. I hope they get there!

Air GI isn't hard to use. Just have to see which moves it works best on. Natsu Hover A+B or WR BBB, Tira UD B, NM 66A+B (probably Sieg's too), probably others I haven't tried. I think Natsu's is the highest damage though.

A Million views? For that to happen we'd need more Leixia players, lol. Or at least "big name" player influence. All in the advertising I suppose.

Air GI isn't hard to use. Just have to see which moves it works best on. Natsu Hover A+B or WR BBB, Tira UD B, NM 66A+B (probably Sieg's too), probably others I haven't tried. I think Natsu's is the highest damage though.

A Million views? For that to happen we'd need more Leixia players, lol. Or at least "big name" player influence. All in the advertising I suppose.

I dont think I have ever seen a FG video reach 1 million views. If you think about it there are probably not even a million FGC players.

About the Air GI thing I can see it being really effective in competitive play. That was one thing I had absolutely no idea existed within the system, so I thank you for that. When I was testing it I did it on Mitsu's 8A+B, although you'll probably never ever see anyone use that horrible horrible move lol.

Nice job with the new vids, Zero. I like that you're moving to more advanced ideas now.

Just to add to your list, GB!, 44[A] can also combo from the second hit of 3B+K, K (very useful way to continue comboing after a launch), as well as the final hit of 4B B (less useful do to the fact that the first two hits from 4B can break and ruin your setup).

Nice job with the new vids, Zero. I like that you're moving to more advanced ideas now.

Just to add to your list, GB!, 44[A] can also combo from the second hit of 3B+K, K (very useful way to continue comboing after a launch), as well as the final hit of 4B B (less useful do to the fact that the first two hits from 4B can break and ruin your setup).

Nah, it doesn't work after 3B+KK. I wish it did I get that to break more than 44K.

Really? Huh... I could have sworn... Oh well. I find that since her best breakers are linear, smart players will often get step happy to avoid breaks, giving you throws and 3A+B to wreck them. If they're flashing red, 3A WR K is a great shenanigan to prevent step and get the break.

I dont think I have ever seen a FG video reach 1 million views. If you think about it there are probably not even a million FGC players.
Evo moment 37 has 1.3 million views. Better start practicing the JG timing for Viola's CE if you want to equal that feat, though.

After you said that, it now has a few more. That was wicked! What's a good Lexia tourney to watch?

If you ask me, I'd say that every Leixia that you see in a tournament nowadays might be worth watching. If a player enters a tournament with her, he/she is very likely to be very good and confident with her, otherwise he/she wouldn't be playing a character like Leixia (anymore).

If you ask me, I'd say that every Leixia that you see in a tournament nowadays might be worth watching. If a player enters a tournament with her, he/she is very likely to be very good and confident with her, otherwise he/she wouldn't be playing a character like Leixia (anymore).

This^^^

Except for me

As for updates on the LL series. The next episode (Episode 7) is going to be featuring tricks and setups. A lot of them have been mentioned on the boards already, but there are a few things I've tested out that I haven't yet seen mentioned.

I planned for there to be two more episodes to conclude the tutorials. Episode 8 was going to be about Wall combos, corner traps, and stuff. But I'm wondering if that will even be enough material to spend an entire episode on. Most episodes are about a half hour in total. If part 8 is only like 8~10 min long, it's not worth doing it as a separate episode. Should that be the case, it'll probably just get combined with Episode 7 depending on how long that one runs.

What would you guys like to see if anything when the tutorials conclude? If there ends up being a patch 1.04, I'd considered doing a patch change episode of course. But anything else?

As for updates on the LL series. The next episode (Episode 7) is going to be featuring tricks and setups. A lot of them have been mentioned on the boards already, but there are a few things I've tested out that I haven't yet seen mentioned.

I planned for there to be two more episodes to conclude the tutorials. Episode 8 was going to be about Wall combos, corner traps, and stuff. But I'm wondering if that will even be enough material to spend an entire episode on. Most episodes are about a half hour in total. If part 8 is only like 8~10 min long, it's not worth doing it as a separate episode. Should that be the case, it'll probably just get combined with Episode 7 depending on how long that one runs.

What would you guys like to see if anything when the tutorials conclude? If there ends up being a patch 1.04, I'd considered doing a patch change episode of course. But anything else?

It is far fetched but matchup tutorials would be nice. I know that is a LOT of info, probably too much to realistically put in a 10 minute clip, but that is something I think would be extremely helpful. Maybe you could just do really key points in the matchups or something.

It is far fetched but matchup tutorials would be nice. I know that is a LOT of info, probably too much to realistically put in a 10 minute clip, but that is something I think would be extremely helpful. Maybe you could just do really key points in the matchups or something.

This is probably the most likely idea. Unfortunately, I don't know too many matchups in great depth, but I can do a few characters. Most notably Cervantes, Ivy, Natsu, NM, Omega, Astaroth, Xiba, and Voldo. These would be much shorter than the tutorials probably.

Well, in any case I appreciate the amount of work you have put into these. Have you ever noticed that the power of a character can often be confirmed by how hard a forum has to try to make the character be competitive? It is something I have noticed, partly because I never like the most popular characters, but that is me.

Oh, I realised I forgot to mention something very important in the last post: Great videos Zero!

If you need help with some anti-character videos (so ideas for punishment, strategies etc), just let me know.

I didn't realize how useful air GI's can be. Now I really know how to effectively punish wind roll bbb spammers online.

If you do match-up videos, they should probably be done for her bad matchups.

Back