Leixia Matchup Chart Discussion Thread

The problem in this matchup (besides that HUGE damage difference) for me is mainly aB
Ask silent joel or docvizzo about how I have been raging about this move for 4 months now.

I can only suggest using 3B+K or FC 3B instead of 3B in this match-up, to avoid the punishment. But as to how it stuffs each and every frame trap - for me it makes the game bad.

At least Leixia can punish it most of the time with 3B. Tira can only punish it properly from point blank range, otherwise she's stuck with 3K.

Move needs a serious nerf imo, but I've said this so many times. I'll see you this weekend, so I'll spare the forums and rage to you in person.

The only "weakness" I can see is that he lacks evasive moves (e.g. moves with TC and stuff), but still... I don't really get how to play this matchup.

Lol obviously you havent played a 4B+K happy Cervantes. So lucky i wont be at EBO :)

You haven't won one single FT5 against me in SC5. You fail to realise that I'm superior to you. Noob.

Lol we played once one week after release, tell me you arent serious. >P

But well if you are anywhere as bad as your friend you probably wont win a single round now :)

SUCKEEEEERS.

For everybody who doesn't know: Docvizzo lost every FT5 we had and he played Alpha and Cervantes!

Don't post here anymore, I feel ashamed for you.

For everybody who doesn't know: Docvizzo lost every FT5 we had and he played Alpha and Cervantes!

Don't post here anymore, I feel ashamed for you.
What you fail to realise is that Leixia was broken on release, whilst alpha and cervantes were in need of serious buffs, which of course they got in the patch

He can also punish 3B, 22B and 33BB with aB for 40dmg at any range and he can kill so many frame traps with aB.

For the record, a blocked 3B at max range can't be aB punished. Probably not worth the risk, mind...

On the bright side, at least you're at +4 afterwards, meaning you can get some offensive pressure going.

Due to the constant punishment "fear", I rarely go for 33B or 3B forced blocks (for guard burst damage) because aB is just not worth it. The result is that I hardly ever get him to burst at all.

Relying on 3B and 33B for guard pressure is a bit silly, really. You can still 1B and 3B+K and possibly 6A+B (does it have enough pushback to avoid aB punishment?). Oh, and 44K if they're on the ground.

You got me ROFLing hard there.

You're not hard to amuse, are you? If you have XBL I'd really like to play you sometime.

I'm seriously struggling with the Cervantes matchup, even more than Mitsu or Alpha.

aB and 4B(BE) are the biggest nuisances for sure. If aB didn't pushback like it does, it'd be fine. The other annoying thing is the ease in which he can punish 33BB up close with it. It can be hard to punish it with 3B if it's thrown out at random, and a lot of times, why shouldn't he? If you do punish it enough with 3B->CE you can maybe force him out of the habit.

The big thing with Cervantes, is that his launchers are kinda slow. Meaning 3B whiff punishment is harder for him than others. Because of that and his lack of great TC moves, you tend to get a good bit of mileage out of 22A at mid range. You already know about the block punishment so there's that too. She can punish 66A, and 3B on block with her AA and she can JG punish his BT B+K with AA as well. (No you can't JG that move on reaction, but it's the go-to move from BT, so it's baitable.)

His 4b(BE) just seems spammable at mid range so backstep dies often in this case. It's his main mid range threat, honestly. Without meter (or iGDR), Leixia is able to keep pace with him much better with 22A, iFC 3B, 22B, and 44A.

If you can manage to gain a decent life lead early, this match can actually be a problem for Cervy since she can punish so much stuff. Even if it's poke damage, it's annoying enough to force Cervy to rely on Lex making big mistakes.

btw he can also aGI FC 3BB with his B+K... don't ask me why that move has to GI lows too

Not gonna lie I use cervantes as my secondaries. And imo aB spam is really stupid....I feel bad for using it sometimes because its just really dumb not to mention it's hard to try and punish it fasts.

Spammable moves in general are dumb, because, by definition, it means the move doesn't carry enough risk for it's potential reward. aB is meant to be launch punishable, but range and pushback gives it a loophole most of the time.

And 4B(BE)? The only thing keeping that move from being spammed is meter. But it's not like it's hard to build it back.

What can you do though? That's the way this game is now.

I arranged all my ideas of her match-ups after having played a lot at EBO against very good players and in the last time in general, and I feel very certain the following match-ups are correct:

Leixia vs Pyrrha 4:6
Leixia vs Pyrrha Omega 4:6
Leixia vs Alpha Patroklos 3:7
Leixia vs Cervantes 3:7
Leixia vs Mitsurugi 3:7
Leixia vs Patroklos 4:6
Leixia vs Xiba 4:6
Leixia vs Siegfried 4:6
Leixia vs Astaroth 4:6
Leixia vs Raphael 6:4
Leixia vs ZWEI 6:4
Leixia vs Algol 4:6
Leixia vs Viola 4:6
Leixia vs Tira 4:6
Leixia vs Ivy 4:6

I'm not sure about Ezio, Natsu (3:7 or 4:6), Nightmare, Aeon, Hilde, Voldo, Dampierre, Maxi and Yoshimitsu.

And even though this might look like a scrub list, because I think she is "soooo bad", I'd like to point out that 4:6 means disadvantage, not destruction. It's still winnable, but in my opinion not on the same level.

Back