Leixia Videos & Discussion

Raw CE at -2 works against anyone under any situation with the condition you can guess when they're going to attack.

Raw CE at -2 works against anyone under any situation with the condition you can guess when they're going to attack.
Characters with i11 or faster can interrupt it, although if Leixia does it after something like WR K from far enough out those attacks will whiff.

This was actually a good showing believe it or not. I can tell from watching that you adapt well. Seemed to know the matchup. But Thermidor is the type of player that just doesn't give a shit, lol. He wants to just pressure you from mid range constantly. Can be tough for Lex to deal with given the damage difference.

Biggest mistake you made was not switching stages after the 1st loss. Leixia has a decent RO game, but that raft is not a good stage for her overall. I have NO idea why 2B+K was working so well, but hey, you had every right to abuse it. Try to 3B+K after blocking WS B from NM as it will either beat or trade whiffs with anything from stance. It can be tricky to do under pressure though.

Also, while 1B after launchers is useful, it's probably best not to sacrifice your damage too much. and go for the better damage with 3B+K most of the time

Really just looks like you need more experience against that type of player. Can't really critique you on much else. GG.

Biggest mistake you made was not switching stages after the 1st loss.

Lol, when i lost i looked to him to get a stage change but he was in the zone and hit rematch before i said anything so i just went with it.

As for the ring outs and what not, i knew that i should 44[A] or 1A and normally would have, but my instincts told me to GTF away from the edge so i stepped instead. I was nervous as hell so i went back to my scrubby tendencies XD.

Overall it was a interesting experience, it was my first major so i dont really have anything to compare it with but it was
pretty fun. Wanted to do better cause i got called out to make top 8 in that SCRUBCAST, lol.

I'll try to make the drive over for winter brawl should school allow it. I don't want to make the drive on 1 hour of sleep after working all night on a final like last time cause that was pure hell.

Me getting booted from loser's bracket @ NEC 0_O

Looking awfully easy there buddy... haha.

But seriously, trying to step after a grab break cost you a few rounds, as well as the ring out stage. I feel you would've had a better shot if it wasnt for those two issues right there.

If you really wanna steal from me, I suggest to look at offline videos.
My last offline session was several months ago, I hope I can play again soon. :(

If you really wanna steal from me, I suggest to look at offline videos.
My last offline session was several months ago, I hope I can play again soon. :(
Lol well, it'd be more about stealing setups than anything. I hope you can play again soon too

APEX 2014 was Leixia's Genesis for winning majors.
Thanks for putting these up. Didn't know they were uploaded.
Just to clarify for those who don't know, APEX is primarily a Smash Bros. major. SCV was a side event here, hence the lack of stream/commentary. Still proud of the win, but I ain't tryin to blow this up bigger than it is, lol.

Matches went in this order:
Winners 1 - Me vs. Champ Cody's Pyrrha (his first SCV event)
Winners 2 - Me vs. AVN Cross of Ravens' Zwei/Nightmare
Losers 3 - Me vs. AVN AppleBoom's Hilde
Losers 4 - Me vs. AVN DemABCs' Patroklos
Losers Final - Me vs. AVN Cross of Ravens' Nightmare
Grand Final - Me vs. JJJ's Mitsurugi

And of course, a special shoutout to Avylon for running and recording the event.

Back