Leixia Videos & Discussion

I've got quite a few videos, Really too many to link to directly so I'll just link my Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/R26Otacon

With that said I'm not too sure what to say in regards to my matchups and whatnot but I'd love to know what people think of my Leixia and could definitely let me know what I'm doing wrong with regards to playstyle and what moves and such I should be doing more.

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums, but, I was wondering what I can do to improve. I know myself need to work on doing more side-steps as well as throw-teching more. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

~Saka

Felt like the Siegfired could have used more stance changes and more kicks, but I felt like he was smart enough to attack when he blocked my EX attacks as well as try to keep space between me and him.

This match made me feel like even though I did side-step a lot of his attacks, I should have punished more with B moves, since, I was caught off-guard that Raphael could do a ducking move to dodge A moves.

Again, I felt like I could have side-stepped more, but I remember me being a bit cautious of both his A and B move range. Can you also tech his throws? If so, I need to learn to tech a bit more.

Basically, you had several cases where you had the advantage only to go on the defensive a block. Don't do that, maintain that offensive.

Normally AAB isn't safe, but not many characters can actually punish if the very tip of the sword is blocked; in other words, at max range. When you do AAB and it is blocked and you expect your opponent to punish you for that you can use 44B or iWS options (depending on whether your opponent decides to go high or mid) to counter the punish and let you safe on the offensive.

Consider using some more while rising/while standing options after a connected 6KK. Usually WS A+B or FC3B are good choices. If its blocked and you are at the maximum range of 6KK, you can try for WS B (or its BE variant). Besides that, expand your move list! Try using 3B+K instead 9K after a launcher. Consider adding 44K and 44A to your repertoire. AA BE K is fine for now, but I feel its a bit too gimmicky to see it last long against most players as its highly interruptible.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm using 3B+K after a launcher now since it does more damage and I still get the same oki game that I can do with AA BE K, as well as using your other tips mentioned. Thanks.

If that move gets patch I'm going to be very pissed because it is i31 SLOW and can be stepped. So it's not necessarily broken noobs just don't know how to play against it lol

Also, I like what I'm seeing GO TEAM LEIXIA! She is not an easy character to use but you guys aren't doing to bad at all just a little more work and we will be beasts! Try using quick AA to stop step, 66K for backing away, 66BB for getting in. Also poke with 2k as much as possible that move is too good.

If that move gets patch I'm going to be very pissed because it is i31 SLOW and can be stepped. So it's not necessarily broken noobs just don't know how to play against it lol
Yes exactly. Leixia does very little damage in general, so once players start to beat her mix-ups consistently (which isn't actually that hard), and step and punish WR B BE, she will be very tough to use in tournaments. I hope Namco don't go nerfing characters just because they seem strong at the beginning of the game's life (which is what they did to Siegfried and Maxi already)

Leixia's mix ups are some of the BEST in the game there is no way to consistently I don't care how much time you spend training vs her. There are a limited number of ways to beat to Lex because she has little weaknesses and stopping her mix up game isn't one of them. Leixia WILL find other ways to beat you whether it's simply pokes or simply playing it safe because if you didn't know Leixia is THE SAFEST character in the game. THAT in and of itself is brokeness! There is no other character as safe as her. Being safe and being fast! is a DEADLY combination. Using that power effectively and efficiently is the KEY to winning with her in battle.

Leixia's mix ups are some of the BEST in the game there is no way to consistently I don't care how much time you spend training vs her. There are a limited number of ways to beat to Lex because she has little weaknesses and stopping her mix up game isn't one of them. Leixia WILL find other ways to beat you whether it's simply pokes or simply playing it safe because if you didn't know Leixia is THE SAFEST character in the game. THAT in and of itself is brokeness! There is no other character as safe as her. Being safe and being fast! is a DEADLY combination. Using that power effectively and efficiently is the KEY to winning with her in battle.

Really? Algol seems safer, thanks to projectiles and monstrous range.

FUCK NO! Algol's safety is above average but that's about it. You can't spam his projectiles they stop shooting if you try to, I tested this myself, HE CANNOT STEP his movement sucks. He does great damage and can be played effectively but worry not he isn't a threat more like a troll character.

I was super flustered but here's a vid of me if anyone wants to throw out some criticism.

Watch me panic at the end after my opponent fails to capitalize on a guard burst and hammer buttons.

I was super flustered but here's a vid of me if anyone wants to throw out some criticism.

Watch me panic at the end after my opponent fails to capitalize on a guard burst and hammer buttons

I'm not an expert or anything, but it's safe to say that you are sitting on way too much meter as Leixia. WR B BE is probably the best BE move in the entire game and you didn't use it once while sitting on 2 full meters for a long portion of the match. Use that meter and abuse it!

Watch me panic at the end after my opponent fails to capitalize on a guard burst and hammer buttons.

I was only 1 minute into the video and was impressed! You are actually pretty good... You just don't know how to counter Raph or you wasn't doing it. When Raph does 3B into prep Lex can 3B or 3A+B for CH. Also, you weren't really stepping at all 88B, 88K, 1B+K, very good quick step attacks vs Raph. You were punishing pretty nicely with 6K, K and AAB keep that up! Overall I like your vid just need to be more executive and know when you can attack and when not to attack to do that you have to well... train lol

I've got quite a few videos, Really too many to link to directly so I'll just link my Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/R26Otacon

With that said I'm not too sure what to say in regards to my matchups and whatnot but I'd love to know what people think of my Leixia and could definitely let me know what I'm doing wrong with regards to playstyle and what moves and such I should be doing more.

Um just to clarify are you male or female?

Ok, I was watching the vid with you vs the guy using ZWEI. You were on fire not freezing up, putting up a nice defense and going all out attacking I like that! But you have similar problems as Mystic not know when to attack, how to punish and when to punish, you weren't mixing any moves up you were just tech crouching into WR B BE whenever you had enough juice lol. Yeah It's a great move but keep in mind it can be stepped so you want to apply some kind of pressure to your opponent before or use it in a mix up not just OBVIOUSLY throw it out there lol.

Good stuff nonetheless, I liked your vids but you do need a lot of work. My advice is to go into the training room and learn ZWEI then do the moves he does that gives you problems, block them and see what Lex can do to punish them, which side they can be stepped on, can it be back stepped at a certain range, can you GI or JI it etc...

ZWEI's 1A is pretty slow. I mean the guy turns 360 degrees slanging a big ass sword across his back before hitting with it. The turning should be an indication to block low or simply 8B for a CH.

I'm still awful at this game and trying to get a rhythm for using her. Give me some tips on better setups and frame traps. I feel like I get tagged by too many things for just trying to move around sometimes. These are just some casuals with a friend of mine. He more or less doesn't have much of a plan and just hits buttons.

Superstar, go into training mode, and practice this combo till it's drilled into your head: (CH) 8B+K, BT B+K, 33B B. This will be your best bet for a go to combo whenever you get a guard break. If you have trouble with the 33B B, try doing 23B or 89B instead of trying to double tap the corner.

Frametraps: After 4A, 4B, and 4K, and WR K, you are -2 on block, so you can quickly follow up with AA or 2A and have a fairly good chance of not getting interrupted.

Against Ivy, if you aren't hitting buttons, you can mash B+K or 4A to get out of her CE on reaction during the flashy startup animation. It works! Personally, I like to B+K into A+G (does more damage than B+G) since they usually aren't expecting it the first time.

i got a few offline videos of me playing woahhzz offline. i'm playing lexia like xianghua sc2 style but other than that, do you have any feed back? it was way too difficult to match damage with a Pat.

http://8wayrun.com/media/scv-woahhzz-alpha-patroklos-vs-rtd-leixia.3506/

Haven't looked at the whole thing yet, but after a blocked FC3bB you can force a mix up with 6KK or throw. Throw will take care of a potential step and 6KK basically resets the WS options (if its blocked, you won't have many options, however). Realistically, the only options the would have after blocking FC3bB would be a GI, Just Guard. Frame advantage after the break attack is strong enough for a lot of things.

Reactions: RTD
Back