Looking to upgrade

IcDedPpl

[08] Mercenary
Yo guys I figured it was about time... ive had my PS3 over a year... in fact... im still rockin the 40 gig lmao... and needless to say im getting tired of deleting saves,movies, and music because I dont have enough space on my PS3... So.. I was looking around earlier and since this is the first time ive had to do this I was reading a little and found out that I could use any SATA notebook HDD doesnt matter the size as long as its its a 5400rpm... So I was wondering If you guys had any idea's on good HDD that would work and are affordable and within the 160gb-320gb range for around 60-70$

So far this is the one I have my eye on and was wondering what your inputs are and suggestions may be

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4168295&CatId=2681

wow guys 45+ views and 1 post... are you serious... >.<... get off your asses and give me some feed back

btw malice.. I like that HDD I was actually looking at the before I seen the Seagate...

flaw: It can be 7200 RPM as well, though your PS3 will run hotter than with a 5400 RPM drive. Seek times will be a little faster.

IcDedPpl: I like Western Digital more, but it's just a personal preference thing... You can't go wrong with Seagate either. Go for it.

You should be fine with either but I prefer WD's hard drives over Seagates. I have WD's in all of my computers and they're still going strong. And more people bought the WD drive over the Seagate drive so that was the other reason why I went with that one. I hope I get mine by Wednesday so I can go through the install and actually put some stuff on my PS3. I have tons of shit I wanted to put on there but couldn't because I was running low on space, and now I won't have to use an external HDD.

I wouldn't get a 7200 RPM drive for a PS3. And I am looking at those drives now and I don't see much of a difference that justifies paying an extra $15 over the WD that I just bought. Anyway, I have been long overdue with swapping out this weak ass 40GB drive so I can't wait. I'm also going to photograph the process as well.

yeah it should take long at all... about as long as it would take with swapping a pc hdd I would suppose... hell probably quicker...

I cant wait either... ill finally be able to have more than 4 games save at once lmao >.> damn music >.<

yes, i need to do this as well. stupid 40gig is gay
has anyone looked on Ebay?

which one are you going with IcDed?

and is there a way to swap the existing saved data on the 40 gig to the new HDD?

Panda510: You can swap your current ps3's harddrive to an external harddrive by using the ps3's backup function. Then after you've switched the harddrive in your ps3 with the new one you can restore the backup to the ps3's new drive.

I was referring to the shipping of the hard drive. I thought it would be coming real quick until I found out that my HDD was coming from Memphis and won't be here until the 29th. Usually the stuff I buy from NewEgg comes from Edison, NJ and I get it really quick, but once in a blue moon when I order something it comes from down south and takes longer than I feel like waiting for it.

EDIT: Got my hard drive today, put that bitch in, and now I have loads of space.

Back