Lost Swords adds Astaroth, Nightmare and Pyrrha!

• Admin
With Christmas around the corner, it has become obvious to anyone that the release for Lost Swords has slipped into 2014. Initially slated for release before the end of 2013, Namco-Bandai has just confirmed that the game will not get an official release till next year. Project Soul has pushed the game back in order to provide a higher quality game to it's fans.

With the bad news however, is some good news. Three new characters have been added to the roster. In addition to the previously announced Mitsurugi, Siegfried and Sophitia; Astaroth, Nightmare and Pyrrha will also be playable upon the game's release. How do you guys feel about the choice of new characters? Did they add your favorite character? Are you disappointed at the addition of yet another sword and shield character?

soul_calibur_lost_swords_28.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_29.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_30.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_31.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_32.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_33.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_34.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_35.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_36.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_37.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_38.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_39.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_40.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_41.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_42.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_43.jpg soul_calibur_lost_swords_44.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Ok, now I understand better, thank you.

I remember that image being posted long time ago, and now PS uses the same imagen of Astaroth instead the image of SC5, incredible!

So, in conclude, can I hope for Cassandra to be in the game? God, please, yes, PLEASE!
Lol yeah you can hope for Cassie. I'm ecstatic since Amy is on the list so I'll be getting my main back. Maybe they'll both be revealed in the same trailer batch. :)
Is it me or does Pyrrha look slightly different?
Yeah, she does. I'm not sure what it is, maybe her cheek bones, lips, face, lighting but something is different.

EDIT: That's it. Lol her makeup.

Cool, if they put Cassandra then that´s it, I don´t care if in the end they don´t release it for Xbox, I just buy a PS3, doesn´t matter anymore, it would be my perfect SC if the three Alexandra girls are together! =D

Altough, I hope they put online, haha

But well, I repeat, really happy to see Pyrrha, she looks great, and good for people who like Astaroth and Nightmare =)

No, her picture is in the character select that was in the beta's data. Since the list had SC2 Asta and now they specifically have SC2 Asta... it's pretty safe to assume everyone on the list will make it in at some point. Really sorry about the confusion.
So...if those are the only characters, does that mean no Xianghua or Leixia? or Kilik or Xiba? I don't know what to think about that.

So...if those are the only characters, does that mean no Xianghua or Leixia? or Kilik or Xiba? I don't know what to think about that.

Kilik is there

But it would be weird not one of the other two girls and no Voldo

Even so, remember that they may keep adding characters after the release, like happens in Tekken Revolution

Any thoughts about it making the PS4?
I'd be really happy if this came to any (or preferably, all three) of the next gen consoles.

Seems very unlikely, though, as it would involve porting the game over from Power PC architecture to the x86 architecture of the PS4/XBO. The only systems in which a port is possible are the Xbox 360 and the Wii U... but something tells me that neither of those will happen.

I need Alpha Patroklos!

Also, it may be fun if they implement a level up or point system that allows the player to unlock more moves as they progress similar to the Elder Scroll series. That way players may get to learn stepping at the beginning as there are few moves, and they may get to know each of the character's moves better. It may not be everyone's thing but just a thought.

...Why is Astaroth in his SC2 incarnation appearance-wise? I thought all of his p1 looks throughout the series were canon. Shouldn't he have his SC4 p1 look?
...Or is this a generic Asta clone?

Fixed. :) Besides it's useless to have two versions of one character. Patroklos' fighting style is unique but Alpha Patroklos' fighting style belongs to Setsuka. They should just give it back to her and be done with it.

Absolutely, it's impossible to balance two characters with similar styles because one character will be viable & the other will be trash.

...Why is Astaroth in his SC2 incarnation appearance-wise?
He's not. That's his SC1 1P, which is his most iconic look. It was also his SCIV 2P, and they're reusing assets like crazy because money. Same reason why they're using his SC2 artwork: 1. they're not gonna waste money making new hi-res artwork for a this outfit when 2. most people can't even tell his outfits apart from one another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back