Lost Swords ending on November 30th. A new Soulcalibur title in our future?

What do you predict to be the SCVI roster?

• New characters get the axe. Old characters return.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Old characters stay in the grave. Long live new characters.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • The Lost Swords approach where we have a hybrid of the old and new roster.

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Admin
Namco Bandai has recently released a Lost Swords tribute video with the game's accolades. This video is closer to being a slideshow than a trailer, but that isn't what we all really care about.

The 2 million downloads is fantastic, but most North Americans don't actually want to play Lost Swords and are yearning for a traditional Soulcalibur game. Now that we have gotten the boring stuff out of the way, let's talk about the juicy parts of the news!

Wow, so what does this all mean?!​

2460ddd11d9f62500bd89dc2b0931363.png

This doesn't really mean much if we consider how much we've been teased by the SoulCalibur Facebook page for the last year. I think we all like these words and use them ourselves, but they aren't very impactful. Thankfully, there is a slide immediately after that that is super interesting.

74702dc6c8a7dab5dda3227714a70300.jpg

I really like the sound of that! "Warriors fading" is a clear reference to Soulcalibur Lost Swords ending, but "their souls will ignite again" could mean that the roster in Lost Swords will be returning for the next installment. Ideally, a Soulcalibur VI is in our future with them!

For those of you who don't know the current roster:
  1. Aeon (NPC)
  2. Amy
  3. Astaroth
  4. Cassandra
  5. Cervantes
  6. Devil Jin (NPC)
  7. Hilde
  8. Ivy
  9. Leixia
  10. Maxi
  11. Mitsurugi
  12. Nightmare
  13. Patroklos
  14. Pyrrha
  15. Raphael
  16. Seong Mina
  17. Siegfried
  18. Sophitia
  19. Taki

I think there are some characters we can expect to disappear in there. Devil Jin is a guest character from Tekken so he is ruled out. Leixia got nearly last place on the Soulcalibur Facebook poll so her being a main stay is looking grim. The same could be said about Patroklos, but he is the main character of Soulcalibur V. Who knows what Project Soul will decide?

24bbb1a7567701c0885e9715f3c34b80.jpg

Soulcalibur Lost Swords will be ending November 30th. If you have a PS3 and want to try it before it goes away, then there is your small window to try it out. It is free-to-play, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. There is no need to be boycotting the game anymore if you don't support the concept. It is coming to an end regardless now. The movelists are the most interesting aspect of Lost Swords. I think that is worth at least a little bit of your time since it is will be the predecessor for the new movelists of SCVI.

Thank you Namco for moving on with the series. We'll be here waiting for more exciting news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
It feels bittersweet to be honest, the system wasn't too bad, but could have been a little better for my liking. I do remember pumping some money to get Seong Mina and then later Maxi (who I really enjoyed using). But after a while I had mixed feelings on the ridiculous pricing scheme which lead me to stop playing and eventually delete the game anyway.

As one side chapter closes, the real next chapter that is hopefully SC6 will be announced soon.

Ok ok, I'm happy it's finally dead (and hopefully opening a new door for a real game) but...

Aren't people gonna be pissed the hell out of the universe for spending tons of $ on a game that will close its servers so soon? I would personally start a riot :D

But anyway IT'S FINALLY OVER! (and hopefully their ecchi fetish dies with it)

Ok ok, I'm happy it's finally dead (and hopefully opening a new door for a real game) but...

Aren't people gonna be pissed the hell out of the universe for spending tons of $ on a game that will close its servers so soon? I would personally start a riot :D

But anyway IT'S FINALLY OVER! (and hopefully their ecchi fetish dies with it)
The ecchi outfits could show up in the next game so people could have access to them again...

I highly doubt scvi will be as ecchi as lost swords.
Except with obvious characters like ivy.
There can totally be ecchi additional CaS costumes tho. But imo, it shouldn't matter as long as the main p1 & p2 costumes are proper and fitting to the character.

I highly doubt scvi will be as ecchi as lost swords.
Except with obvious characters like ivy.
There can totally be ecchi additional CaS costumes tho. But imo, it shouldn't matter as long as the main p1 & p2 costumes are proper and fitting to the character.
Ivy is not ecchi, she's just Ivy <3

Agreed, I do hope that if they were to add ecchi content, it would be for DLC only... I'd like to have normal (and respectable) P1 and P2, as well as nice armor pieces for CAWs/P3. As long as ecchi costumes are the minority or DLC, I don't mind. Give the game its soul back pwease! xD

This is just my opinion but,

Unfortunately, i think Soulcalibur 6 will not be announced at TGS, but at E3 2016 for 2017 (historically Soulcalibur is never released without going to E3) and with the "survey" about the characters, it is too early to announce a credible thing for now.

Also R.I.P to all the people who spent $ 1 million on the game to buy """"hentai"""" held ultimately for lose everything at November 31.
AMEN !!!

What do you exactly mean by this?
Are you saying that every Soulcalibur game was first announced at Evo? 'Cause that's false.

The only game announced (caution when i speak to "announce" it's with content) in vidéo/trailer outside the E3 is Soulcalibur IV and it is a fact (historically) lol

Soulcalibur idk Data?
Soulcalibur 2 Trailer / E3
Soulcalibur 3 Trailer / E3
Soulcalibur 4 Trailer / TGS
Soulcalibur 5 Trailer / E3
Soulcalibur LS Trailer/ TGS (well if it's really a game...)

You can do your research to see.

If you wait another news for SCVI by Namco , he doesn't not need shows like E3 or TGS to swing / confirm Soulcalibur VI with pictures or information (as was done for SC2 and SC3 in the past)

Besides the Namco game list for the TGS already had announced if there are no change
Bandai Namco announces TGS 2015 lineup (http://gematsu.com/2015/08/bandai-namco-announces-tgs-2015-lineup)

So for now there is nothing concrete ... we'll see the TGS but personally i expect anything on SCVI.

Last edited:
Umm... I'm pretty sure SCV was first announced in a small gaming event in Dubai in March 2011.

Best video game news I've heard in a long time. As long as Patroklos and Hilde doesn't get cut, I'll be fine with the roster. But yeah, looking foward toward a TRUE Soul Calibur game!

Live streams

17 Viewers
Barry_Burtton
Barry_Burtton
[ESP +18] Miercoles de toñas fight (!speak para hablar)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back