Lost Swords ending on November 30th. A new Soulcalibur title in our future?

What do you predict to be the SCVI roster?

• New characters get the axe. Old characters return.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Old characters stay in the grave. Long live new characters.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • The Lost Swords approach where we have a hybrid of the old and new roster.

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Admin
Namco Bandai has recently released a Lost Swords tribute video with the game's accolades. This video is closer to being a slideshow than a trailer, but that isn't what we all really care about.

The 2 million downloads is fantastic, but most North Americans don't actually want to play Lost Swords and are yearning for a traditional Soulcalibur game. Now that we have gotten the boring stuff out of the way, let's talk about the juicy parts of the news!

Wow, so what does this all mean?!​

2460ddd11d9f62500bd89dc2b0931363.png

This doesn't really mean much if we consider how much we've been teased by the SoulCalibur Facebook page for the last year. I think we all like these words and use them ourselves, but they aren't very impactful. Thankfully, there is a slide immediately after that that is super interesting.

74702dc6c8a7dab5dda3227714a70300.jpg

I really like the sound of that! "Warriors fading" is a clear reference to Soulcalibur Lost Swords ending, but "their souls will ignite again" could mean that the roster in Lost Swords will be returning for the next installment. Ideally, a Soulcalibur VI is in our future with them!

For those of you who don't know the current roster:
  1. Aeon (NPC)
  2. Amy
  3. Astaroth
  4. Cassandra
  5. Cervantes
  6. Devil Jin (NPC)
  7. Hilde
  8. Ivy
  9. Leixia
  10. Maxi
  11. Mitsurugi
  12. Nightmare
  13. Patroklos
  14. Pyrrha
  15. Raphael
  16. Seong Mina
  17. Siegfried
  18. Sophitia
  19. Taki

I think there are some characters we can expect to disappear in there. Devil Jin is a guest character from Tekken so he is ruled out. Leixia got nearly last place on the Soulcalibur Facebook poll so her being a main stay is looking grim. The same could be said about Patroklos, but he is the main character of Soulcalibur V. Who knows what Project Soul will decide?

24bbb1a7567701c0885e9715f3c34b80.jpg

Soulcalibur Lost Swords will be ending November 30th. If you have a PS3 and want to try it before it goes away, then there is your small window to try it out. It is free-to-play, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. There is no need to be boycotting the game anymore if you don't support the concept. It is coming to an end regardless now. The movelists are the most interesting aspect of Lost Swords. I think that is worth at least a little bit of your time since it is will be the predecessor for the new movelists of SCVI.

Thank you Namco for moving on with the series. We'll be here waiting for more exciting news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Guest characters are a plus... When the game is finished. Ezio was a nice touch, his fighting style was really interesting, but since having Ezio meant having THREE mimics, I could have waited for a game without any guest.

First of all, let's see if we have a game, and if we have one if it is complete and bug-free, and if it is, let's talk about a possible guest :D

I'm not sure if Ezio's presence really drew in that many outside fans. He was a cool addition, but felt more on the inconsequential side of things.

#UnpopularOpinion I really liked the Star Wars characters (well, not really Yoda...), it was a nice exotic touch. I liked every guest so far (expect Heihachi) ^^ Still waiting for Dante and Vergil though... :D

I'm not sure if Ezio's presence really drew in that many outside fans. He was a cool addition, but felt more on the inconsequential side of things.
Probably because there was no story related to him. :P Vader and Yoda had lame story, but at least they were represented by something other than in-battle dialogues.

This is what happens when we have no new game. We're reduced to savagery. Trolling each other for the driest and filthiest yuks in existence.

Hauugh...

Not counting Lost Swords (because who really wants to count Lost Swords), I'm fairly certain that the time between SCV's release and today now exceeds the time between SCIV's release and SCV's announcement. That period of time (3 years release to announcement) is around the same length as every release gap preceding it.

Soul Edge. Hit arcades at the end of 1995. Home console in Japan by December 1996.

SoulCalibur. Hit arcades July of 1998, only a year and a half after the North American release of Soul Edge. Released on Dreamcast by Autumn 1999. Soul Edge's first release to SoulCalibur's final release are separated by less than 4 years.

SoulCalibur II hit home systems July 2002. 4 years after the arcade release of SoulCalibur, and no longer than 3 years after the home release.

SoulCalibur III hit PS2 October 2005. Only a little over 3 years after SoulCalibur II's highly successful release. The Arcade Edition released in early April the following year, half a year after the home release. Soul Calibur Legends came out a year later, in November.

SoulCalibur IV launched at the end of July of 2008. Less than 3 years after the release of SoulCalibur III. Just over 2 years after the release of the Arcade Edition. And less than a year after Legends. Broken Destiny came out the following year, one month later. I've read that Project Soul had intended SCIV to be their last game.

SoulCalibur V was first teased to be in development at the end of 2010, in December. It was officially announced May 2011. It released at the end of January, 2012. Less than 4 years after the release of SoulCalibur IV. Less than 3 years after the release of Broken Destiny.

It's been 3 years, 7 months, and 14 days since the release of SoulCalibur V

It's been
4 years, 4 months, and 3 days since the announcement of SoulCalibur V

We're in the midst of what may be the longest wait the series has ever seen between mainline titles. And all we've had in between is poo poo crap doo doo shit Lost Swords $90-for-your-favorite-character-as-a-stripper crafted from the crusty old refuse of SCV and IV.

Namco, have mercy.

Live streams

11 Viewers
izayagenesis
izayagenesis
237 They would call us heroes
1 Viewers
xomegathedeityx
xomegathedeityx
relaxing with games while on break from the lab

Forum statistics

Threads