Main Character of SCVI?

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
Who do you guys think is going to be the main character of SCVI? Siegfried was the main character for most of the series, while Patroklos was the main character of SCV. Well, who do you think will be the main character of SCVI?

If the theory that the series is going to use time travel to revert the series back to the original timeline is true (given the changes to the profiles reverting most returning characters back to their old ones, and heavily editing out or deleting the profiles of the new characters), I suspect the main character of SCVI will be Sophitia.

It's pretty reasonable to come to this conclusion, as she seems to be Hoshino's favorite character. Ever since he was put in charge of Project Soul, Sophitia was not only brought back but has also been placed front-and-center with Chun-Li levels of promotion. Advertisements heavily feature her, she was a guest character in Warrior's Orochi 3, and one of initial three characters available in Lost Swords. Hell, even their current Facebook banner is a cute anime-esque picture of her and Cass in Oriental clothing celebrating the new years. They even made Patroklos' edited profile one long gush about how awesome Sophitia is, while constantly berating Patroklos himself. All in all, Hoshino's treatment of Sophitia is in stark contrast to Daishi who tried to kill her off and get rid of her permanently, and would've otherwise said she's "too old".

Who do you guys think will/should be the main character of SCVI? Sophitia is a safe bet, but I'd like to see what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about that. He may be a series icon and a mainstay, but when was he ever relevant to the story? Hell, he wasn't even in SCV's story (granted, a lot of people weren't but still).
I don't think it's really worth mentioning the scv story mode in anyway for comparison.
Mitsurugi was the main character in Soul Blade.
He's connected to Setsuka,Taki,Nightmare (even tho almost everyone is),and Algol according to the "SCV New legends of project soul" book.

I don't think it's really worth mentioning the scv story mode in anyway for comparison.
Mitsurugi was the main character in Soul Blade.
He's connected to Setsuka,Taki,Nightmare (even tho almost everyone is),and Algol according to the "SCV New legends of project soul" book.
But that was forever ago. In the past games, he hasn't had any real involvement in the story at all.

Kilik was the main character of SC1 too, but I don't think that really solidifies anything. I think each character will have their own story in the next game.

Kilik was the main character of SC1 too, but I don't think that really solidifies anything. I think each character will have their own story in the next game.
I don't about that. It seems to be becoming the norm to do a chapter-style story mode since MK9 did it.

Should just put all the characters in it and say omg time warp, astral chaos init.

Then reboot the franchise after the game. If they start a fresh than they wont have to reconn anything so you could have say, Viola about when the young Mitsurugi was about.

Also, Aeon is clearly the main character.

Soul Blade: Sophitia
Soul Calibur 1: Kilik
Soul Calibur 2: Raphael
Soul Calibur 3: Siegfried
Soul Calibur 4: Siegfried
Soul Calibur 5: Edgemaster
Soul Calibur 6: the child of Pat x Pyrrha

Back