Man Court poll.

Click each respons that is true from your experience.

• Total voters

Alex.J

[14] Master
This is based on a discussion that happened on my facebook group, "The Men of the FGC". Doug Hadry, known as @Sporko on these forums said I didn't have enough evidence and was talking out of my ass. The discussion was based around social norms that put power in the woman's favor and have men giving up power essentially. I put a poll in my facebook group but also wanted to put a poll in here for less bias and more information.

courtroom.jpg

From my experience, bars aren't the best places to meet women; you can meet girls anywhere. What matters is your intention and how you do it. Also, I think people think way too much on this. Girls typically want to pay for themselves anyway.

From my experience, bars aren't the best places to meet women; you can meet girls anywhere. What matters is your intention and how you do it. Also, I think people think way too much on this. Girls typically want to pay for themselves anyway.

Who said anything about picking women up at bars? As for girls wanting to pay for themselves. Rarely from my experience and many other peoples experience. Hence why yes is in the lead.

Who said anything about picking women up at bars? As for girls wanting to pay for themselves. Rarely from my experience and many other peoples experience. Hence why yes is in the lead.
The way you mentioned drinking first gave me the impression that you're implying a drinking establishment. I wouldn't even take dating that seriously; it's supposed to be fun. I'd rather do things on a date than just eat at a table. Also, have you guys considered that your experience came from dating the wrong women? And women do prefer a man to lead, because it's typically masculine to be a leader. So even though I prefer women to pay for themselves, I'd have no problem doing it.

The way you mentioned drinking first gave me the impression that you're implying a drinking establishment. I wouldn't even take dating that seriously; it's supposed to be fun. I'd rather do things on a date than just eat at a table. Also, have you guys considered that your experience came from dating the wrong women? And women do prefer a man to lead, because it's typically masculine to be a leader. So even though I prefer women to pay for themselves, I'd have no problem doing it.

This thread is here for voting lol. I care more about what people have experienced. Which is similar to what I have. Granted these are generalizations. They are social norms that hold quite true to our society.

Also I don't know why you disagreeing with me then sayexactly what I'm saying. This isn't about if hiking is more fun. But from experience if this seems to be expected from you. Don't read into this thread too much and think you are a pimp or other people are losers. It's a simple yes or no question.

Last edited:
When society still basically tells women that they can't do shit by themselves and need men to take care of them, of course there's going to be an expectation with many to be supported by whomever's courting them, however applicable it may or may not be in this day and age where women and "feminine" traits (eg. enthusiasm about weddings) are generally considered almost equal to men and "masculine" traits (eg. proposing).

inb4 ew sjw

When society still basically tells women that they can't do shit by themselves and need men to take care of them, of course there's going to be an expectation with many to be supported by whomever's courting them, however applicable it may or may not be in this day and age where women and "feminine" traits (eg. enthusiasm about weddings) are generally considered almost equal to men and "masculine" traits (eg. proposing).

inb4 ew sjw

The bride market to women is a multi million dollar business in America. Bridal planners, bridal showers, bridal magazines, bridal television shows, invitation makers, wedding dress designers, and more things I can't keep up with. It's obvious to see how lopsided the interest/ control is.

Ok cool. Girl club thing, I guess. What do you think should change?

Well the culture changing would be nice for everyone. Since having lavish weddings that break the bank have nothing to do with actual love. Some women get more in love with their wedding than they do their husband. But since the divorce rate is around 40-50% in America. It's evident having expensive weddings really isn't important but just wasteful. If both parties used the money for something else like vacations, they'd probably be happier. Like a 30,000 dollar wedding, could be converted into multiple trips to Hawaii. Psychologically I think the later would be better for the relationship.

Where I got the number. http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/28/pf/average-wedding-cost/

Another article which shows how crazy elaborate weddings have become. And I can safely tell you, most of this is because of women. Most men don't stress about flowers or what napkin people are going to use.

http://www.costofwedding.com/

Well the culture changing would be nice for everyone. Since having lavish weddings that break the bank have nothing to do with actual love. Some women get more in love with their wedding than they do their husband. But since the divorce rate is around 40-50% in America. It's evident having expensive weddings really isn't important but just wasteful. If both parties used the money for something else like vacations, they'd probably be happier. Like a 30,000 dollar wedding, could be converted into multiple trips to Hawaii. Psychologically I think the later would be better for the relationship.

Where I got the number. http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/28/pf/average-wedding-cost/

Another article which shows how crazy elaborate weddings have become. And I can safely tell you, most of this is because of women. Most men don't stress about flowers or what napkin people are going to use.

http://www.costofwedding.com/
Actually, it's more to do with how materialistic this society has become; it's not just an issue with women. We're constantly told since childhood about how we need to have a high paying job, live in big mansions, have a huge social circle, a nice car, a sexually attractive partner, and that's all that matters. Yet people who managed to have those things all live terrible lives. Look at the celebrities having expansive multi-million dollar weddings only to get an even more expensive divorce because of "irreconcilable differences." That's why I don't care about celebrity gossip or anything that happens on MTV/VH1/BET. It's all superficial. People in Japan would rather die than to not reach this unrealistic dream; why else is their suicide rates so high there?

Girls are unfortunately taught by their parents that they should be treated as queens/princesses. I have nothing against a parent who wants their young daughters to feel treasured and important in a society that still favors boys, but this mentality will only bring suffering and disappointment by the time they become adults.

Actually, it's more to do with how materialistic this society has become; it's not just an issue with women. We're constantly told since childhood about how we need to have a high paying job, live in big mansions, have a huge social circle, a nice car, a sexually attractive partner, and that's all that matters. Yet people who managed to have those things all live terrible lives. Look at the celebrities having expansive multi-million dollar weddings only to get an even more expensive divorce because of "irreconcilable differences." That's why I don't care about celebrity gossip or anything that happens on MTV/VH1/BET. It's all superficial. People in Japan would rather die than to not reach this unrealistic dream; why else is their suicide rates so high there?

Girls are unfortunately taught by their parents that they should be treated as queens/princesses. I have nothing against a parent who wants their young daughters to feel treasured and important in a society that still favors boys, but this mentality will only bring suffering and disappointment by the time they become adults.

Does society truly favor boys still? Women have higher education than men in the U.S. There are countless scholarships for being a women and next to none for being a man. So not only are they better educated, they get rewarded for it. The money gap has completely closed itself. But the remnants of archaic practices like men paying for the women still exist.

In terms of things like sexual harassment. Read the new state laws being passed in California where a women can't give consent to sex with any trace amount of drugs or substances. Meaning she can verbally tell me she wants to have sex with me but her having a beer means she can charge me for rape later. The opposite doesn't apply to the man though. Also, women have a very strong voice in politics and media. There is no such thing as the opposite of a feminist. Since anything that would be compared lack scope, influence, or the power that the feminist group possesses.

Last edited:
Does society truly favor boys still? Women have higher education than men in the U.S. There are countless scholarships for being a women and next to none for being a man. So not only are they better educated, they get rewarded for it. The money gap has completely closed itself. But the remnants of archaic practices like men paying for the women still exist.

In terms of things like sexual harassment. Read the new state laws being passed in California where a women can't give consent to sex with any trace amount of drugs or substances. Meaning she can verbally tell me she wants to have sex with me but her having a beer means she can charge me for rape later. The opposite doesn't apply to the man though. Also, women have a very strong voice in politics and media. There is no such thing as the opposite of a feminist. Since anything that would be compared lack scope, influence, or the power that the feminist group possesses.
Women might have higher education, but how many of them actually get to use it? There are way more men in government, law enforcement, military, running companies/businesses, or are CEO. Shit, even though there are more female students, there are way more male professors teaching them. I knew a girl who had 4.0 GPA, majored in foreign language, had all A "throughout her academic career," and not to mention is very attractive...ends up working at Walmart. But the idiot guys at Frats who don't do shit and like to party are more likely to get the careers they want.

TBH, that bit with sexual harassment is just paranoia. Very few women would even consider doing that and the ones who do are seriously fucked up.

As far as women having a stronger voice in politics...if that was true, Hilary Clinton would've beaten out Obama and McCain by a landslide in 2008. They actually don't say much in politics, but people love to eat that shit up just because it's uncommon.

Women might have higher education, but how many of them actually get to use it? There are way more men in government, law enforcement, military, running companies/businesses, or are CEO. Shit, even though there are more female students, there are way more male professors teaching them. I knew a girl who had 4.0 GPA, majored in foreign language, had all A "throughout her academic career," not to meant is very attractive...and ends up working at Walmart.

TBH, that bit with sexual harassment is just paranoia. Very few women would even consider doing that and the ones who do are seriously fucked up.

As far as women having a stronger voice in politics...if that was true, Hilary Clinton would've beaten out Obama and McCain by a landslide in 2008. They actually don't say much in politics, but people love to eat that shit up just because it's uncommon.

You know about quotas in law enforcement and military right? Women can fail the physicals and still get in. Also the firefighter exam was made easier to encourage women to pass and get in. While a man can't fail the physical. That point works more against you than for you.

As for the sexual harassment example. It's in the state California law regarding universities. Do you your research if you don't believe it's there or you don't think women would use it. Since both have happened. How is this paranoia? A completely sexist bill was passed singling men out. That's evidence within itself. You are pretty much talking out of your ass rather than doing anything productive here.

Back