[Mar 11, 2012] New England Fight Scene presents Brattleboro 2012 (Brattleboro, VT)

tito887

[08] Mercenary
http://www.band-flyers.com/flyers/3bcf4f55c378f4210661147cb3f67b27/flyer.html Event flyer

I extend an open invitation to all willing participants to New England Fight Scene's first tournament, "BATTLEBORO 2012!" Produced by Michael Garcia. I have listened carefully to our community and have come up with an event that I hope will inspire you to show up.

http://www.facebook.com/events/334629063246778/?context=create

Here are the details.

I have reserved the meeting room of the Holiday Inn Express for, Sunday, March 11. The Venue Fee will be five dollars for the day. If you bring a setup to the tournament (Console,TV, and cables), your venue fee will be waived. I will be purchasing an evo monitor and will be able to bring three consoles on my own (2 PS3s 1 360). LevelUpNH will also be attending and supplying me with two set ups of their own (2 360s and tvs).

http://www.facebook.com/LevelUpGaming

This meeting room does not have the capacity of the prior location I found in Keene. But this is offset by the minimal charge for the venue. In order to attract the participants that would have to travel long distances, I will be opening the event at 12:00AM on Sunday. This way you can get in some serious warmups and have the opportunity to socialize with your fellow tournament goers.You will of course, need to reserve a room for the night. The meeting room is not a space available for crashing.

edit: I have been notified that the Holiday Inn Express has sold out of available rooms. Here are links to several nearby hotels.

Super 8: http://tiny.cc/y7iaa

Econo Lodge: http://tiny.cc/ygs2u

Motel 6: http://tiny.cc/as468

Latchis Hotel and Theater: http://tiny.cc/cn8z1

I intend to host as many games as possible, but will be realistic with what I am able to accomplish. Here is the list of games.

Street Fighter AE

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Street Fight X Tekken

Soul Caliber 5

Mortal Kombat

Tekken 6

All games will run off the standard rule set for each respective game. I believe that each game can be run with a ten dollar buy in. Unless there is overwhelming objections to ten dollars, it is my belief that this is the correct price point to shoot for each tournament. If there is an issue with the buy in, I will approach the topic on an individual basis. Prize distributions will be:

1st place 70%

2nd place 20%

3rd place 10%

(Sunday Morning) 12:01AM-6:00AM Early morning casuals/training

11:00AM-12:00PM sign ups

1:00-2:00 warm-ups (of course we can start as soon as everyone is ready which is my preference)

1:30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighter (SNES)

2:00-12:00 Tournaments are on.

2:00 Street Fighter 4:AE

2:30 Tekken 6

2:45 UMVC 3

3:30 MK

4:15 SCV

5:00 SF X TK

This whole schedule is tentative. I would gladly appreciate help from the community on this front.

I will be seeking out a caterer to provide for the event, so that you don't have to worry about where to go for food. I highly encourage those with streaming capabilities to shoot me a message. I would love to talk to you. I hope to see you in March. I want our region to start growing in both size and scope. Get out here and helps us grow!

One last thing. I don't know the answer to this question. How is it determined what console should run which game? It was my understanding that soul Caliber is run on a PS3. Do I need to set a particular console for each game? If someone can answer these questions of mine, that would be great

All games should be run on PS3 if possible. Also, consider adding Tekken 6 to that list and then advertising the event on TekkenZaibatsu.

Anyway, I will be there. Good job putting this together!

I will be able to bring a PS3 and SC5 & Tekken 6. And possibly 1 TV.

Actually, I think the 3D games like Soul Calibur and Tekken are run on PS3, however a lot of the 2D fighters like SSF4:AE and UMvC3 are run on XB360. I would double check some tournament announcement threads on SRK.com if I were you, and ask the 2D community what the agreed upon console format is standard.

I'm wishing you guys the best of luck in turnout for your tournament! Hope you guys are able to establish something consistent in another New England area.

Looks like this is about an hour and a half away from me which is doable. You folks may see me there =)

Tito887 - just FYI, as of 11am EST this morning (2/16/12), the Holiday Inn Express this tournament is taking place at is booked solid. There are no rooms available on the night prior to the event (Sat. March 10th). Could you perhaps recommend some other hotels within a reasonable distance of the venue for out of staters like myself? Thanks.

*EDIT* I found a Quality Inn in Brattleboro [(802)254-8701] that has "a few" rooms with one King bed available for $99+tax for the night of Sat. March 10th. Price includes hot breakfast.

Tito887 - just FYI, as of 11am EST this morning (2/16/12), the Holiday Inn Express this tournament is taking place at is booked solid. There are no rooms available on the night prior to the event (Sat. March 10th). Could you perhaps recommend some other hotels within a reasonable distance of the venue for out of staters like myself? Thanks.

*EDIT* I found a Quality Inn in Brattleboro [(802)254-8701] that has "a few" rooms with one King bed available for $99+tax for the night of Sat. March 10th. Price includes hot breakfast.

I"ll do a search of all available hotels in the area. Thanks DS.

Thanks guys. I'll be there for sure now. Quick question, will there be an available PS3 pad I can use? I'm ordering a converter but i'm not sure whether i'll have it by the tourney.

Yes. I'll be bringing a standard PS3 pad, 2 PS2-to-PS3 convertors, the Tekken 6 Hori Wireless PS3 stick, the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition PS3 stick, and a Sega Saturn PS3 controller, and I don't mind letting other people use them.

I've been busy all week, setting up displays for my flyers in every game store I pass during my travels (while working). Currently eight stores are advertising for me, with more on the way. I just called every store to get an update. Nearly every one of them is either running low or just out of flyers! I have to drop flyers off at all of them. The word is getting out. The region is getting hype for Battleboro!

Reactions: Cla
Nice! Can you e-mail me the flyer by chance? Or even better, upload a picture of it to ImageShack and share it here (and SRK) so we can all print it out and share it. Next time, I'll make a fancy-looking flyer like I used to for my events.

Nice! Can you e-mail me the flyer by chance? Or even better, upload a picture of it to ImageShack and share it here (and SRK) so we can all print it out and share it. Next time, I'll make a fancy-looking flyer like I used to for my events.

emailed it nearly the same moment that you asked for the flyer.

Attachments

• Game Flyer March 11.pdf
    239.1 KB · Views: 286
Bumping this back to page one. I'll be bringing my friend Johnny who will be entering SSFIV:AE, so thats one more for the 2D crowd. Any chance that SCV will start before 4pm though? I know the tournament times are "loose", but i'm unsure of when exactly i should show. Ill be coming the day of, not staying in VT.

That wouldn't happen to be IcyCoolJohnny from SRK? But anyway, just come as early as you can and enjoy some casuals too.

Bumping this back to page one. I'll be bringing my friend Johnny who will be entering SSFIV:AE, so thats one more for the 2D crowd. Any chance that SCV will start before 4pm though? I know the tournament times are "loose", but i'm unsure of when exactly i should show. Ill be coming the day of, not staying in VT.

Just as a reminder to all. I will have the room open in the early hours ( 12:01AM) for all of you who are staying the night in Vt. It was my ambition to have available as many games as possible. With that being said, if there are not enough participants for a game, then that particular game won't be played. I suggest that if your only coming out for Sun, come in early for casuals. 10AM would be fine, just give me a call (904) 612-4087. If no one comes out for early morning(12:01AM) casuals, I'll take the time to sleep.

I'm happy to announce that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighter will be brought by a guy named Keith. He wants to run a 1-5 dollar tournament. Better get those practice sessions in.

Reactions: Cla
I'm happy to announce that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighter will be brought by a guy named Keith. He wants to run a 1-5 dollar tournament. Better get those practice sessions in.
Nice haha. :) I bet I could get my gf to bring Shaq Fu lol.

Back