Match up Help Tira vs. Xiba

Read the punishment guide, learn his strings, and when in GS you always have GS B+K to make his 3B mixup completely moot.

- Whenever he does his 6B into K varriations, try to 2K right after 6B, Jolly sides 2A is too slow and AA will whiff past his head.
- I always attempt a Sidestep A or 11_77 B, whenever I see him go into REM, he has a horizontal out of REM, but if executed properly, these moves can evade it.
- Keep in close range of him, it might sound hard due to his long range, but keep pressuring with Jolly 66K. Avoid spacing moves like 1B and Sidestep B.

Advanced: just guard 6B, K string is very important against most Xiba players. Often when you JG the K in the string you will end up back turned this is no worry for Tira as both GS and JS BT B+K are guaranteed. Never forget to duck punish his A, A as the second A is duckable on reaction. When he does the REM X, K you can use your B+K in jolly to take a bit of damage then A+B to punish it. As far as REM K and B go both are side steppable on reaction and REM B can be GI'd via A+B in both stances.

Dude, I know half the people in this thread will say "DON'T DO IT!!" but so long as he doesn't have more than .5 meter, if he does 6B.K, JS B+K the kick.

Tira gets all buffed up when he kicks her in the balls. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but you should be able to A+B out of it before they can grab you out of it. Of course, if they're stupid, stay in the stance and impact their inputs.

All of that kick (Channeling Kick?) give you buttloads of gauge. Pay close attention to their meter before doing it, though. If he uses the Brave Edge, you'll get knocked on your booty.

And not get the retarded meter gain from the B+K exploit.
I believed my option would be better for less risk. On top of that I dont really like JS B+K all that much, as the AGI complicates things that would otherwise be simple.

A lot of Xiba's moves are highly unsafe; however, keep in mind that he does have a few moves that side step and duck. I can list the ones I know of from playing him for a short time.

44B: Watch out for this one. It is a mid with a fairly long start up. However, it ducks so if you try to counter it with a high, it will fail. It causes stun and combos with 3AB.

4A: Sidestep. You can counter it like most of his A's by ducking.

All of his Ks after 6B, 6A or A+B side steps to the right I believe. It is punishable by 2A in particular. You really shouldn't have trouble with this.

For some punishing that I can figure out from playing him,

AAK: The first two attacks are punishable by ducking. It is punishable by WR B as both swings are highs. If he hits the K on block, it is punishable by Tira's 4K I think. Gloomy's 3B can duck the AA for high damage if you see it coming. If the Xiba is stupid, you can use Gloomy Tira's 44B to close some distance if he starts it from a distance. Really... This string is very unsafe and I'm ashamed that I kept falling for it in recent time.

22_88 AB/REM: I found myself using this a lot when I played with him. The A seems to be very safe as I have not been countered for using it. The B seems to be unsafe however. If you see REM come after the A, I recommend side stepping and punishing accordingly. The full combo with this move is 22_88A, REM B, 2A+B. If they go into REM it will likely lead into REM B. REM B is 20 frames so Tira has quite a few answers to it.

Tira should be close to him. You should know that Xiba will kill your step, but in general you are faster than him in terms of pokes, so staying up in his face applying pressure is good (Unless he CEs you, you need to bait that and block punish). Backstep GS 3B should mess him up for using pokes since mids like 3A, 2A, 2K, 6B(situational) don't have the best range. Know your punishes too obviously. His aGIs will catch horizontals and horizontal kicks, but verticles get him so it is like a free launch if you know the Xiba will do it.

Back