Maxi General Q&A

I know all the changes guys.

Get ready for lower-mid tier Maxi!!

DumbDumber.gif

Why the hell would they patch Maxi? They took out many of his moves and gave him great damage to make up for it and now they're nerfing him?

dont just say that, what are they?
http://www.soularchive.jp/SC5/adjust/index.html

Globally meter's been toned down for every character from what Google translate says it's saying.

Got damage reductions on throws, 6A+B lost 5 points on the BE etc. Clean hit %'s were lowered on the good stuff.

66A got better on block?

Only thing that got beefed damagewise was 44B.

6A has a stun state on ch.

CE gained clean hit potential?

I see a LI A damage nerf (makes sense) and nothing about 22A giving less block stun (instead just a minor 4 damage drop) so I don't see where that mitsu managed to step the 22A~LI A setup.

Full list of changes:

6A (Lunging Snake ~ Right Outer): decreased damage (18→14).
4B (Snake Kiss ~ Left Outer): created distance after hit and block.
A+B (Serpent's Pleasure): decreased damage (18, 30→12, 26).
6a+bA+B+K (Hydra's Brand ~ Left Inner): decreased damage (30→25).
While standing B+K (Canyon Carve ~ Behind Lower): decreased damage (38→30).
66 or 33 or 99A (Striking Snake): changed to maintain distance when the attack is blocked. Opponent does not face back when hit by the attack. Opponent's freeze shortened after hit. Lowered guard burst damage and increased
rise in critical gauge.
22 or 88A (Northern Lights ~ Left Inner): decreased damage (20→16).
66B (Stampede Wave ~ Left Inner): changed to maintain distance on block. Shortened opponent's freeze when blocking the attack.
44B (Illusion Serpent ~ Right Outer): increased damage (24→28).
A+G (Falling Heaven Dragon): decreased damage (55→50).
B+G (Lynching): decreased damage (52→50).
During Right Outer A.K (Dragon Bite): decreased damage (14→10).
Neutral Guard: opponent does not stun when an attack hits. Longer freeze when guard impact fails.
During Left Outer B.K (Wing Sobat): decreased damage for first attack(24→18). Increased damage for second attack(30→36). Total damage has not changed.
During Left Inner A (Backfist Blow): decreased chance of clean hit. Attack property changed from horizontal to vertical attack. During Left Inner aA+B+K (Backfist Ceremony) has not been changed.
During Left Inner aA+B+K (Backfist Ceremony): decreased damage (60→50). Decreased chance of clean hit.
During Left Inner B (Ravine Carve ~ Left Inner): decreased damage (38→30).
During Left Inner B (Ravine Carve ~ Left Inner): decreased damage (48→40).
During Left Inner K (Skewering Hunt): decreased damage (20→16).
During Right Cross A.B (During Right Cross): decreased damage for first attack(15→12). Increased damage for second attack(25→28). Lengthened freeze for performing the move. Maintain distance on block.
236236A+B+K (Rampaging Dragon): decreased chance of clean hit

thanks, soakrates!

so, i dunno. the bulk of the changes are slight damage nerfs (to 6A, A+B, 6A+B BE, WS B+K, 22A, throws, RO A, and all LI moves). 10 points of damage feels about the right amount to scale LI A BE (honestly, it did do a bit too much damage for the amount of use that it sees). raw 6A+B BE>LI A BE damage went from ~90 to ~75, meaning that punishing -16 moves with CE is now better (which is probably exactly what they intend). however, the 44B>RO B>RC AB BE>LI A BE combo is probably still what we want to be doing after a guard burst, since the nerfed LI A BE damage is scaled down by the end of that combo, plus it builds more meter, plus 44B does slightly increased damage now.

the scariest change to me is the WL nerf. i thought they'd hit its damage but the fact that it doesn't stun on hit now, and that it has longer animation lag makes it more risk for significantly less reward. we'll see what it does now instead of stunning, i guess; maybe it'll knockdown for a 2KB, or maybe it'll give a bunch of + into neutral?

really the only other thing that i see that's concerning is the increased animation lag time of RC AB. it's definitely going to be unsafe to AA now, since it was already -9 pre-patch. hopefully it's not any worse than that, since that's already a pretty huge nerf.

Maxi was mediocre before and now is complete ass. So what is he now? An unsafe, low damaging, mix up character that doesn't really have mix ups because they are either seeable or punishable. Cool. BTW cool that now LI and all the transitions to it now become complete trash since everything in LI can be stepped unless you blow bar. So you can't even do 6B4G pressure now. I mean what's the point of this character? To have a fatal flaw in every single mix up he can put you in so if your opponent knows the match up you just straight up lose? At least before he was high risk high reward. Now he is high risk low reward. Was it too much to ask for some safer moves in return for these damage nerfs? Really.

Neutral Guard: opponent does not stun when an attack hits. Longer freeze when guard impact fails.
what are they talking about ? I don't get it at all
I think the second part talks about the aGI stance that got a longer "freeze".. hum ... longer recovery I guess
But the first part ? meh ?

Screw these changes, i was pretty pleased with how easy transitioning from Tekken to this game was and i was enjoying Maxi and how his high risk mixups were rewarded with damage. Then Project Soul shows me that they are a bunch of clowns, and not buying their games is a safer option to go with.

Oh yeah, they nerf backdash too, thats one of the things i liked coming to this game. There was still some movement you could utilize, cool how it gets nerfed all of a sudden.

Well nerfing the backdash is a big up for Maxi I think :P
Depends on whether or not it was nerfed enough to actually benefit him. Remember, speed and distance are still the same. However, if the backstep nerf means his anti-backstep tools like 66A and 66K are better, it could help a lot.

Depends on whether or not it was nerfed enough to actually benefit him. Remember, speed and distance are still the same. However, if the backstep nerf means his anti-backstep tools like 66A and 66K are better, it could help a lot.

It seems that the backstep nerf means that characters take longer to cancel the backstep with guard
For now, you can basically backstep for free against Maxi

When I play against players that abuse the backstep guard, I don't really know what to do to gain advantage of when I know they are going to backstep, I can't punish it without taking a huge risk and nearly no reward when I read it right because they always end up blocking anyway
For now I tend to use 44K, 66B+K or 33_99B to aim for the guard crush... but it's risky...
If the nerf is good enough to let us land a CH 6A after LI K if they backstep for example, it would be a good start

Back