[MD, VA, WV] sure is dead here

Discussion in 'United States: Atlantic' started by Kaotical, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Blackula

Blackula [08] Mercenary

Chesapeake, VA here. I've been having gatherings quite frequently. Usually once a week on Saturdays.
  2. SWBeta

SWBeta [08] Mercenary

PSN:
    Star-WB
    Bro, how you been, man? It's been a while. Still playing VF?
  3. Blackula

Blackula [08] Mercenary

Always dude. VF is still my favorite fighting game and probably always will be. I've seen you log on AIM many times, but as soon as I see you log on, you log right back off like 5 seconds later.
  4. Hudathan

Hudathan [09] Warrior

Tonight we had a good impromptu session at the UMBC game room, and the potential is there for us to run future weekly tournaments there every Wednesday night. Tournaments are for locals to meet and improve, not for money, and we have both 360's and PS3's. In the future I will post up each of these gatherings. They will almost always start by 8:00 p.m. unless I post otherwise. For those who are interested but don't have directions, you can feel free to PM me.

P.S. If you are a pad/stick player on either systems, please try to bring your own controller for the tournament. It can get hectic to try and get each match correct when some people only play on pad or only on a certain system. I'm willing to run the thing with both systems as long as it works out but it helps if people bring what they are going to use.
  5. WareEaglesDare

WareEaglesDare [09] Warrior

Anybody ACTUALLY in NOVA? Would love to get some offline comp going. I'm near Woodbridge.
  6. Tiamat

Tiamat [11] Champion

anyone who can make it should go to the C3 tournament in ashburn this weekend =]
  7. SWBeta

SWBeta [08] Mercenary

PSN:
    Star-WB
    HuDaThaN told me about C3 at the UMBC weekly. I can't make it to that or any other Saturday tourneys. Got work 8 to 12, then class 2:30 til 9. Good luck to anyone that's going.
  8. SWBeta

SWBeta [08] Mercenary

PSN:
    Star-WB
    Also, tourney results from last week's UMBC weekly:

9. Hudathan

Hudathan [09] Warrior

To any MD players frequenting this forum and not CF.com, here is the address to UMBC.

1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250

Commons Game Room

Need more heads.
  10. SWBeta

SWBeta [08] Mercenary

PSN:
    Star-WB
    Result for yesterday's weekly:

11. WareEaglesDare

Hey Hudathan, What times on Saturdays? I would have to drive up from just south of DC. Also, Noticed no Ivy players in the top rankings. Any there at all? Or do they just blow hard chunks?
  12. Hudathan

Hudathan [09] Warrior

Saturdays? No. Not if you're talking about the UMBC weekly tournaments. Those are on Wednesday nights.

There just haven't been Ivy players around here.
  13. WareEaglesDare

Damn, no way I'm going to B-more on a Wednesday. What was the mention of Saturday happenings?
  14. SWBeta

SWBeta [08] Mercenary

PSN:
    Star-WB
    Next time you see that, just click my name and send an IM anyway. I'll probably answer right away. :D
  15. Hudathan

Hudathan [09] Warrior

Nothing on my end, Wednesday is generally when I get my games in, don't really have time otherwise unless it's some special event.
  16. Blackula

Blackula [08] Mercenary

Well you need to stay on a bit longer to give someone time to message you. =P
  17. Minerva_SC

Minerva_SC [09] Warrior

He just goes invis for some reason, probably just to feel important, he's on chatting with his Lucky Star pals though.

BTW Reggie would be me, always look forward to Wednesday, get to test my character of the week on good players, though I just may stick with Tira.
  18. Hudathan

Hudathan [09] Warrior

Regarding the up-coming weekly on the 1st, it would be very helpful if someone could bring along another PS3 or at least a copy of the game. That way the tournament will run twice as fast and we'll all have more chances to play casuals since we won't be a slave to one of the UMBC PS3's being unavailable.
  19. Minerva_SC

Minerva_SC [09] Warrior

I can bring my ps3, no problem.
  20. Vidness

Vidness [08] Mercenary

I'd like to represent Ivy...where's this thing at?