Microphones - do they all suck?

JDub

Mmm. Pie.
I've gone through at least five or six mics. The wired earbud that comes with the console. The wireless earbud that comes with the messenger kit. The Xbox wireless one that has bluetooth. And a few cheap wired ones from third-parties. They all have had poor incoming audio, outgoing, or both. I can't justify spending too much money for a mic. The ones I've been pointed towards are bulky, Vietnam heli-pilot-styled abominations that cost at least eighty bucks. I don't need surround sound headphones. I just want to be able to hear and communicate. Seems like a reasonable minimum requirement. Tonight, despite mixed reviews, I try a Turtle Beach Ear Force XC1.
50a8f1594df03_247185n.jpg

Still bulkier than I prefer but I'm willing to make an exception if it actually works well. In the interim - I'm curious if anybody knows of good mics that don't look like I work on the flight deck of the USS Eternal Virgin?

I bought my son a pair of turtle beaches for xmas. He loves them and so do i since I dont have to hear him in the middle of the night playing CoD. Im not a fan of them for the same reasons, they are bulky, veitnam helicopter piolit montsrocity of hell.

I dont know what your deal is, But Ive always had fine luck with the headset that comes with the console. The only thing I DONT like about it is that the moved the mute switch FROM the plug at the controller (which was awesome since I didnt have to take my hand off the controller to mute) and move it TO the middle of the cord. I hate that! But functionally its fine for me.

Quit shoving headsets up your cooter and youll be fine LOL

This really IS NOT related to this thread's subject, but it IS however a tech question...
Guy, how is the netcode treating people in online fights for PS3, and what the best ISP to utilize in your opinion.

No choice. If you want a quality microphone, then you are going to have to shell out.

Also, these tend to come with headsets because headsets in general tend to have better quality than earbuds. And you don't pair good mics with crap buds.

I've had to buy over 3 xbox's in the course of 4 years, and I've gone through god-knows-how many xbox corded mics in that time. I honestly think Microsoft purposely makes some of their products suck, so they break randomly from nothing, and you've got to go out and spend the capital to buy a new one, lol.

Turtle Beach is the only expensive gaming headset I would go with, it works wonders for Call of Duty.

Back