MIST mixups

Mantis2K

[10] Knight
What kind of MIST strategy works well in SCV in terms of:
*Entering the stance
*What to do inside the stance
?

Please share your ideas with the rest of us.

I think one of your better MST options is entering from a connected B,B. This puts you at neutral frames (B,B is +4 on hit, and it takes 4 frames to enter MST)

From there:
A if you think they're going to step
B,B+K if you think they'll duck
K,B for low/high. (be careful will this, because people will start looking for it. however, you can use it to condition people to duck to hit them with A+B)

Thanks for your reply.

From my limited practise so far, I think as a kind of OKI strat, it's good to enter MIST with 8WR B+K and then hit the opp as they wake-up with MIST KB. This is -15 on block as a preferred option to 2KB (-26 on block).

I think the most effective MIST move I've used so far is BA+B+K, which leads to stuns, launchers and juggles.

A good way into MIST that seems to work well is 11BA6. I'm trying to incorporate MIST [B+K] as it's one of Mit's most powerful moves and +15 on block. The good thing about it is that you can release it when ready, but it's not easy to use.

There are times where I think I've ducked mids with Mist 2, but I also like to space myself well, so it may have just been that they were JUST out of range to hit me. Kinda hope it was both XD
[B+K] is interesting. I use it a lot, especially once I get them used to not pressing buttons, with constant interrupted B's. But I noticed that once it's started "charging", if you let go, the move won't stop or come out uncharged. It will finish charging, no matter what.
The cool thing about 11BA6 (and 11B mixup), is that if they try to interrupt after the B, it'll land a stun counterhit, and you can combo a Mist B,B+K after it for the AT.

If you enter mist from b, b make sure it is on hit. Because on block, you can seriously get punished.

I wonder if we could get some combos going for Mitsu, the only things that I've been able to do is with meter using the MST B BE and using 2K BE B (with followup B) and 236B BE. I'm looking for meterless stuff but I don't have much, such as:
3B, 236B
6B:2, 33_66_99 BB

Any Ideas would be great, also I realized that this is not in the correct thread so my bad, but there is no thread to discuss combos because the only combo thread is locked.

Nothing crazy here but here are some meter less combos:
1. mist a+b, 3b, 6,6b,b.
2. same as above but end with b,b~mist. (Use for mix ups)
3. b~6 (ch), 6,6a+b
4, 2a~b, 6,6b

I'll test more stuff today. Lets face it, 236B BE is so crucial to mitsu's combo game.

Nothing crazy here but here are some meter less combos:
1. mist a+b, 3b, 6,6b,b.
2. same as above but end with b,b~mist. (Use for mix ups)

I'll test more stuff today. Lets face it, 236B BE is so crucial to mitsu's combo game.

66BB is air controllable. 236B or 236B BE are much better follow-ups. Same thing with #2.

Yeah, I saw 66BB used a lot in a combo video, but I'm pretty sure it's not valid, which is why the guide always ends combos with 1B.

Remember 66B+K (MST) tech crouches and closes space quickly.

4B/4B6 (MST) can also be very useful, but be wary of step happy opponents.

BB6 (MST) is very useful on hit too.

(MST) G is also important.

4B is used in the same way as Xianghua/Leixia's 44B. The moves are meant to be used to evade throws and low-to-mid range middle verticals and horizontals, only that Mitsu's pushback is not as good as Leixia's.

(MST) B+K is also very good for GB damage and pushs back (possible baiting tool.)

Indeed, but the problem with it is that it's very predictable and steppable due to visual and aural cues (the GB sound). For best results, I always "play" with the hold timing.

11BA6 (only the A hits, CH) MST bA+B+K 3b 236bA+B+K CE for those of you feeling frisky.

Just a nice little mist counter hit entry combo I found.

Question, MST bA+B+K says it has GI properties on it in the move list. Anyone figured out where / what?

Also, how would you ever land a fully charged MST [B+K]? Just doesn't seem practical to me.

Definitely not easy landing a fully charged mist k+b. I've done it a fraction of the time I've played online. A very small fraction. Lol. Like someone mention earlier, the move is completely linear and the startup time is horrendous. Literally even if the opponent fails to ss they have ample time to interrupt. Ive literally been laughed at online. Ive accepted that with each game there are changes. Having said that I'm Ok with relic being gone now. I've accepted it but why take away some moves from mist? Sorry for getting off topic but Mitsu should still have
mist: b, k (this would further help with guessing game between bb+k and bbb I think)
Mist: 6b,b would be perfect for a successful 44b6

And mist A should be a tad faster.

From what I recalled mist bA+B+K can absorb certain SINGLE attack moves. If its a string (from what I recall) the BE version is interrupted. ( Its definitely happened to me.) I'll pay more attention tonight when I play or test it out in practice mode.

^Correct, think of it like hyper armour in SSF4, you phase one hit, a follow up will catch you, and I think moves with Break properties shatter the armor, but I'm not 100% on that. I haven't found anything else with Mits that gives him the armour... Also, yeah, I agree with the general WTF-ness behind the nerfs, no need to clip Mist, ESPECIALLY given how it's his only stance now.

Back