Mortal Kombat X

XqZ0wO5.png

Uuhhhh....

The official press release states that:

--------------------
"Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game's most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together."
---------------------

:/

Just saw the E3 footage and it looks pretty sick! I gotta ask, are spider people the new "it" thing in games now? First you got Sadira in KI and now whoever that was in the E3 MKX trailer. Also how are they explaining Sub Zero being back to human? Another reboot? Maybe Raiden saved the souls of the warrior's from Quan Chi and it allowed SZ to go back to being human somehow?

Just saw the E3 footage and it looks pretty sick! I gotta ask, are spider people the new "it" thing in games now? First you got Sadira in KI and now whoever that was in the E3 MKX trailer. Also how are they explaining Sub Zero being back to human? Another reboot? Maybe Raiden saved the souls of the warrior's from Quan Chi and it allowed SZ to go back to being human somehow?
Could be. I just hope the story takes place between MK4 (maybe MK Mythologies: Subzero), Deadly Alliance, and Deception.

Apparently, MKX takes place 25 years after MK9. We'll be seeing a new generation of fighters, which includes Cassie Cage, the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, replacing both of them.

Is anyone else having flashbacks of the trainwreck that was SCV?

NRS games will always be trainwrecks.

Also gameplay:

Sub-Zero will finally be top tier. Also around 7:50, Ferra/Torr throws an old lady at Sub Zero. Kappa

Last edited:

You know when I went on TYM I expected a lot of crybabies upset over iconic characters missing and being replaced by their offspring, but instead people were actually still excited about it and were hardly bothered.

And then I come here and see the opposite of that not even directed at MK, hmm...

Apparently, MKX takes place 25 years after MK9. We'll be seeing a new generation of fighters, which includes Cassie Cage, the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, replacing both of them.

Yes but for some reason I kinda trust NRS more than Bamco. I guess its because they wont be removing 2 sword and shield characters and putting in 3. :)

Not sure on the new character. Cassie Cage looks cool. Looks like they have taken the female costume design criticism from MK9 to heart.

Poor Sheeva. You actually survived MK9 and now you are no more.

Yes but for some reason I kinda trust NRS more than Bamco. I guess its because they wont be removing 2 sword and shield characters and putting in 3. :)

Not sure on the new character. Cassie Cage looks cool. Looks like they have taken the female costume design criticism from MK9 to heart.

Poor Sheeva. You actually survived MK9 and now you are no more.
Considering that there are 20+ character slots in black, Sheeva may be one of them.

Ugh. If Cassie Cage has Johnnys and Sonyas moveset then I'm probably gonna kill a bitch. I don't want to deal with hue f3 f3 f33 hue military stance hue cartwheels.

If it is 25 years later then why is Scorpion still after Sub Zero for the murders? He already killed that Sub Zero and that dude became Noob Saibot. Did Noob go back to being Sub or was that just thrown in there to help with the teaser trailers?

I've never been a big fan of the aesthetics of this series, but these character designs are going in an interesting direction... For some reason I'm getting an Infinity Blade kind of vibe from some of these characters, but I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Anyway, here's some character art:
cassie-cage-mkx-artwork.jpg
dvorah-mkx-artwork.jpg
kotal-kage-mkx-artwork.jpg
ferra-torr-mkx-artwork.jpg
ermac-concept-art2014-2.jpg
mkx-scorpion-artwork.jpg

mkx-subzero-loadscreen.png

What I'm really digging is the fact that they seem to be going for a SF3 kind of roster, with only a couple of iconic veterans and a ton of fresh blood.

Back