My CAS gallery - comments, ratings and feedbacks are welcome

superduper2013

[09] Warrior
Hey Guys,

Recently I have been having fun with the character creation mode in SCV. Most of my characters are based on either video games or comic books. Also I have tried to put cool looking. stickers on the characters to make them more visually appealing (hopefully...XD) and add a bit more originality to my creations . General comments, feedbacks, likes/ratings, favorite character comments are all welcome :sc2tal3:

P.S. I am willing to share the formulas if by any chance you are interested. So here goes...

(1) DEVIL MAY CRY (DMC) SERIES

DANTE DMC3

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_34.png

VERGIL DMC3

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.png

TRISH DMC

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

GLORIA DMC4

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.png

Well done, dude. Some really nice stuff! Do you make originals as well?

Yeah I used to make original characters at the beginning but I recently decided to delete them all XD since it would be more interesting to create characters that people are likely to recognize when playing online

I think you could use the long boots on Gloria but she looks really cool there good job,
Tidus is cool, but I duno about Yuna....good job :D

(3) DC CHARACTERS

Let's kick it off with a younger version of GREEN ARROW

GREEN ARROW

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png

Now the crazy DC female villain we all love HARLEY QUINN. This version is based on her appearance in the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum which came out in 2009. I can't really put much stickers on her otherwise she may not be as recognizable

HARLEY QUINN

harley.png

I think you could use the long boots on Gloria but she looks really cool there good job,
Tidus is cool, but I duno about Yuna....good job :D

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really appreciate it. Yeah originally I was thinking of putting the long boots on her but somehow it didn't look as feminine as the shorter boots. I might try it again on her and make the final judgement. :)

I'm not always into recreations, but since I've seen a quite a bit done right, I'll share some critique.

Sadly the only one I like is Green Arrow. He's the only one who actually made me think of something new despite him being a recreation. The rest are nice, but why not take your time making them more polished? Anyways, keep on sharing.

Diao Chan is excellent, i agree green arrow is cool too...the rest is either too overcrowded with tattoos or using overbright colors that detract from an overall good recreation.
Try toning down the hue a few notch for more realistic look.
And i am not into recreations either, because i don't know half of the ones on display here...looking at Diao Chan, my take is you could do good originals as well...

Diao Chan is excellent, i agree green arrow is cool too...the rest is either too overcrowded with tattoos or using overbright colors that detract from an overall good recreation.
Try toning down the hue a few notch for more realistic look.
And i am not into recreations either, because i don't know half of the ones on display here...looking at Diao Chan, my take is you could do good originals as well...

Yeah ok I will play around with the colors a little bit. I understand that some of them might have too much stickers on lol

I'm not always into recreations, but since I've seen a quite a bit done right, I'll share some critique.

Sadly the only one I like is Green Arrow. He's the only one who actually made me think of something new despite him being a recreation. The rest are nice, but why not take your time making them more polished? Anyways, keep on sharing.

Yeah I think he's one of my favorites too. Any suggestion as to how to make them more polished?.
I used to do originals. Maybe i will share more original characters in the later future. But yeah thanks for commenting
though:sc5lei1:

Yeah I think he's one of my favorites too. Any suggestion as to how to make them more polished?.
I used to do originals. Maybe i will share more original characters in the later future. But yeah thanks for commenting
though:sc5lei1:

Usually when it comes to recreations, I always look at a picture of Wolverine for instance. Every detail I try to emulate and if I can't, I make compromises to make them work. While the picture of Wolverine is highly saturated, I usually don't copy it exactly. Highly saturated stuff kind of makes it tacky unless there's a reason.

Warning: this is, like, my opinion, man.
Gotta say, the recreations+STICKARS method is really not appealing to me. The DMC creations make me cry a little bit inside, as a DMC fan. Their base formulas are not really close or interesting at all, but then they have a bunch of random stickers on that don't add anything but busyness to their look. Think of it as putting RIMZ or FLAME DECALZ on a crappy car.
It sort of works for DW or Squeenix characters because they've always kind of had some busy designs, but still. Car, meet rims.

Also, are all of your stickers placed by view? Placing by view can give some cool distortions and make interesting effects sometimes (particularly when used with the intention of distortion), but if you use it all day erryday, you're limiting yourself and making your stickers look slapped on. A lot of the medium-larger ones look to fade out or distort when trying to wrap around a body part (particularly noticable on boots and legs, where there is a big random tribal sticker that fades when they turn/angle to the side...which is where a vast majority of creations will be seen, depending on their in-battle stance). Creations need to be thought of a 3-dimentional objects, and not stickered from the front and only the front.

Sorry for the long absence but here are some more of my creations. Again they are unoriginal characters. I will try to upload some original ones in the near future :sc1xia1:

FINAL FANTASY IX CHARACTERS

ZIDANE(THE HERO)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_74.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_75.png

KUJA (MAIN VILLAIN)

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_58.png

Back